Author Topic: Animal Crossing: City Folk  (Read 2545 times)

AM Woody

Animal Crossing: City Folk
« on: March 23, 2009, 09:50:32 PM »
Does anyone here have this game?  I haven't been big on many of the Wii games, but I'm pretty addicted to this one.  I'd like to add a couple friends to my game so we can trade some stuff and make more money.  If anyone has it (it's OK to admit it) and wants to add me, my friend code is 1634-0065-2236.

Post up your friend code or if you don't want everyone to know you have it, just PM me with your code.

PS..They now have a thing called Wii Speak that you can actually talk to people on the Wii now.  Good stuff.

Offline pinmonkey001

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Re: Animal Crossing: City Folk
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 09:57:22 PM »
My wife and daughter love this game.  I haven't played it yet.  I'm sure she'd love to trade stuff with you.  We don't have Wii Speak yet, cause we didn't have anyone to play this game with.  Maybe in the near future.

Offline pinmonkey001

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 10:08:33 PM »
Here is my wife's friend code.  It will show up as Autumn I guess.

1634-0082-8280.

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Nevada Dads do it with Kleenex and Lotion
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 52
  • Submariners Do It Deeper
  • Children?: One (17yo) Son - Jeremy
  • First Name?: John
  • Xbox Gamertag: SubVet688
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 12:33:13 AM »
I play this with the family and like it a lot too. I will get you my friend code when I can, but am at work right now and just started nights so it will be a couple of days or so.

Offline pinmonkey001

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 11:37:26 AM »
My friend code for animal crossing is 1290-4158-2146.  My town has apples and would love another fruit.  I think you can just send one in a letter if we can't meet up.  I'd be happy to send apples to anyone who adds me.  Also, do you have the Wii speak?  I don't but am thinking of getting it for this game.

Offline Adrian's Dad

• Cinema
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Cody
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 12:41:41 PM »
I'll have to get on and see what our code is.  We don't have Wii Speak though.

AM Woody

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 03:52:48 PM »
I forgot about this post.  I do have Wii speak.  The only thing I don't like about it is you can't mute it if the kids are being all loud.  When I get on again, I'll add your numbers.  My gate is almost always open when I am on.

Offline pinmonkey001

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 08:22:34 AM »
btw my town name is Autumn

Offline pinmonkey001

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 01:25:09 PM »
Ok, my wife and daughter and I have really gotten into this game.  Through the normal network you acquire while gaming online we've discovered the super extra special secret to hacking our town on this game.  It's great.

Read the following pages and follow thier instructions:

http://community.livejournal.com/ac_cityfolk/129478.html
http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/
http://bootmii.org/download
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Bannerbomb
http://actoolkit.game-hackers.com/

The first one on the list will give you the best step by step guide.  The only difference is you want to use banner bomb to install the homebrew channel.  After the 4.0 update to the menu the twilight hack did not work. 

Get a SD card. If it has a private directory, rename it temporarily, e.g. to "privateold". Having other saved channels on the same card will screw it up.
Download aad1f_v108.zip and unzip it onto the SD card.
Go download the HackMii installer. Copy installer.elf to the root of the SD card, and rename it to boot.elf.
Press (Wii), Data Management, Channels, SD. Then insert the card. It should either pop up Load boot.dol/elf? or freeze.
If it pops up a dialog, then fill out the survey.
If you encounter any problems from then on, don't try other versions (it won't help), but see the information below the survey.
If it freezes before popping up the dialog, follow these diagnostics:
Did you use the SD menu (4.0) or click Savedata instead of Channels? If so, then you're dumb
Otherwise, try a different version. The system menu is somewhat unpredictable; while most people should be able to use aad1f, some might need another version. Try these versions:

This will get the homebrew channle installed.  The next step is to get the extractor and installer files on your SD card so you can extract your town.  THe instructions on the first site work great.  Then it is simple.  You run homebrew channel and extract your file.  Take that file to your computer and edit it with ACToolkit.

You can download a copy of that from the links on the first page in the list above.  Make sure you have the latest copy.

Most of the pages have help and good explanations.  Just read throughly and take your time.  Its really easy to do.

AM Woody

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 08:52:59 PM »
Have you done this?  Sounds like a ton of work.

Offline pinmonkey001

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 08:58:03 PM »
yes I did it.  Not that much work at all really.  Especially once you get the homebrew channel set up in your Wii and the apps and then the ACtool kit downloaded to your computer.  It's super easy.  I changed where my house was gave everyone a ton of bells and chose where to put trees and flowers and everything.  The wife finally is proud to show our town off to people.

dadof2b0ys

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 03:23:55 PM »
Anyone still playing this? The kids and I just got into it. I don't have Wii Speak. I'll have to post my code a little later.

Hey pin- great post on the town hack. I'm going to have to try that out.

Offline pinmonkey001

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2009, 05:15:10 PM »
yeah we still play.  The town hack is easy as pie but kinda ruined the game experience for me.  I mean what's the point of going back every day to see what's in Nook's or Redd's when you can just give yourself anything you want anytime you want.  But it does come in handy for moving your house, or giving your town grass and trees and flowers and such.

dadof2b0ys

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2009, 06:38:00 PM »
Maybe I won't do that then. If it gets to the point were I just can't stand playing it anymore then I might to try something different.

AM Woody

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2009, 07:21:17 PM »
yeah we still play.  The town hack is easy as pie but kinda ruined the game experience for me.  I mean what's the point of going back every day to see what's in Nook's or Redd's when you can just give yourself anything you want anytime you want.  But it does come in handy for moving your house, or giving your town grass and trees and flowers and such.

If I did that, could I just get some stuff that I want, like the golden fishing rod, golden watering can and stuff like that and then not use it for anything else?

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution