Author Topic: Any thoughts about how the Wii will finally get headsets for online play?  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Bloodpantha

• Did you trip on that? Sorry. Let me tuck that back into my pants.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 8
  • Reach Football, the new Generation of Halo Sports.
    • Deviant to the Heart
  • Children?: 3; 2 girls, 1 boy
  • First Name?: Andre
  • Xbox Gamertag: dcspantha35
I'm not sure about what Nintendo is going to do with the Wii and having voice communication with it, but seeing as the DS has a headset, the Wii should have one too. I'm guessing on one way that they could do it that wouldn't really effect how people play games on the Wii. Actually a couple ideas. One idea is to use the expansion port of the Wii Remote to connect the headset to wirelessly, and have a port on whatever attachment they make for that in order to allow the Nunchuk or Classic Controller to be connected through it. That way the signal would be activated through the Wii Remote. The other way I can think of would be to use the USB ports on the back of the Wii for whatever antenna would be needed to send the signal to a wireless head set. That way if there are games that can be played online with the Wii that allow the use of the GC Controllers, people wouldn't have to keep their Wii Remotes going in order to talk. What do you guys think? I know that there are pros and cons to both, but these are probably the same ideas that the Nintendo Execs are talking about right now to figure out which way they'll go. I figure that they would probably do both, that way it's just up to the played which they would prefer.
Below is actually a sprite edit of Zero from the Megaman X series from Megaman X4 and beyond. The character I'm creating through the edit is called "Heat".

Action Shots

Achievements

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
just make it a wireless headset if they do plan on one, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Offline spddrcr

• missing in action on xboxlive
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • just say no to the brady's
    • AKNewMedia
I think the wii has better wireless capabilities then any of the other systems out rightnow, my example is the various wireless sensor bars on the market. If i want to play wii using my projector i have to use a wireless sensor bar, to connect the bar to the wii all you do is turn it on and the bar and the wii do the rest. I believe the head sets could use the same tech as the sensor and the wii also has blutooth built in, so connecting a headset wouldnt really be the problem, the soft ware to run the voice chat is what seems to be holding them back. only time will tell if we get a headset, but who knows as there is already a wireless numchuck coming out next month.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution