Author Topic: Approximately 20 Wii's available at Best Buy in Cranberry Twp., PA  (Read 1292 times)

oj467

Just wanted to let anyone in and around Pittsburgh know there were about 20 Wii's still available at the BB in Cranberry Twp. today (around 11:30am) when I stopped to get my copy of GTA 4.

Offline pinmonkey001

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Re: Approximately 20 Wii's available at Best Buy in Cranberry Twp., PA
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 02:49:46 PM »
It's pretty amazing that what 18 months after the consoles release a store getting 20 boxs is still big news, and will have people lined up to the door.

oj467

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 02:55:27 PM »
True - I was one of those folks lined up a couple of months back when I got mine (because I refused to pay a premium for one from Ebay). 

But what's weird is that according to the guy at BB - this shipment came in on Saturday for the Mario Kart release and there are still leftover Wii's from then.  Maybe the Wii shortage is finally coming to an end.

Offline pinmonkey001

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 03:02:49 PM »
We got lucky last year when our tax returns came in the wife started calling around and found one of the last ones in the area and ran out to pick it up.

I would not pay an ebay premium either.

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 07:09:28 PM »
I think the wii shortage is coming to end.  Nintendo announced that no price cuts will take place for the wii or DS.  If the prices keep dropping on 360 and PS3, then maybe next year, like mid next year or holiday, but other than that, probably not much after that.  But golly, surely everyone that wants one has to be gettting it by now.

Offline PFof2

• "If at first you don't suceed, respawn and try again."
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • heh heh yeah!
    • Mike Richardson Photography
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 07:41:44 AM »
I think that the shortage is still there its just that people now have a choice... Wii console or tank of Gas? seriously though most disappointed gamers who have been trying for a year or more to get a console have either payed the ridiculous ebay premiums or said screw it and bought a 360 or PS3 so they could get their game on now and will get a Wii when they are easier to come by.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution