Author Topic: Car problem...  (Read 1292 times)

dadof2b0ys

Car problem...
« on: December 14, 2008, 01:30:07 PM »
The car I currently drive is a '97 Nissan Altima. The other day i'm cruising down the road and the car just quits. I pull over to the shoulder and it will not start. It's got plenty of power, everything appears to be working, getting spark to the plugs, etc. But it will not start.

Any of you ever had anything like that happen? I had been driving around town all day with no problems. I was on my way home, going about 55 and it just died. 

cycloptic1dr

Re: Car problem...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 01:35:49 PM »
Is it 4 or 6 cyl? and how many miles are on the car.  When you tried to restart did it seem to be cranking over faster than normal? If it is cranking over faster than normal it might have a broken timing belt.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 01:41:13 PM by dadof2b0ys »

dadof2b0ys

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 01:42:01 PM »
Is it 4 or 6 cyl? and how many miles are on the car.  When you tried to restart did it seem to be cranking over faster than normal? If it is cranking over faster than normal it might have a broken timing belt.

It's a four cyl. About 155,000 miles. It did not seem to be cranking any different than it normally does.

jlyon

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 03:58:16 PM »
could be a fuel problem. if your getting spark and power to everything, that's what i think. did it feel to be spitting/chugging alittle? when was the last time the fuel filter was changed?

dadof2b0ys

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 04:58:54 PM »
I think we found what was wrong, there was a tiny little mark on the rotor. That was enough to f it up I guess. I put a cap and rotor on it not even 6 months ago. Changed 'em again and it's running fine. I had it running for close to two hours. Didn't stall at all. So hopefully that was it.

Offline Scott H.

• C'mon Boys, we need #6!!!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • And then there were 5
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 09:06:49 AM »
Yeah, that'll do it. One of the meanest (and cheapest) ways I've seen to mess up someone's car is put a little mark inside the cap with a pencil.

People who think they know it all really annoy those of us that do.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution