Author Topic: A sad time for me  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Scott H.

• C'mon Boys, we need #6!!!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • And then there were 5
A sad time for me
« on: September 14, 2009, 10:55:48 AM »
Most of you may already know, but my wife is pregnant with our 3rd child now. With that, and the fact that our boys are getting bigger, I have to sell my truck. We just can't fit a family of 5 in it comfortably. We owe too much on her car to trade it in, and the truck is paid for. So, looking at a used Tahoe, Yukon, or Suburban. At least it'll be mine, until the baby's here. Jaime takes our youngest and my buddy's youngest to day care, and she can't fit 3 car seats in the back seat of her Sebring. So yeah, once the baby's here, that's what I get to drive.

People who think they know it all really annoy those of us that do.

Offline Pat

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 12
  • Hockey's back :)
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Pat
  • Xbox Gamertag: ragingpdm
Re: A sad time for me
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 10:59:36 AM »
Sad maybe but all worth it

Offline jmack

• Will draw for food
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • pixelmack.com
    • Visual & Creative Studio
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 03:33:43 PM »
be happy. i went from a bmw to a minivan.  =(

Offline Scott H.

• Big Daddy Hero
  • And then there were 5
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 03:36:56 PM »
Ouch! That makes me feel better. I actually saw an 05 BMW for sell down here for around 6K. Really tempted to get it cause he was wanting a truck. LOL

Offline vegaskiller73

• Too good to be caught around Damian and Joey
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 03:52:13 PM »
Hate to hear that Scott, but if I may say something. Look for a Ford Expedition. The fold flat seats are much better than the Yukon/Tahoe's pull outs. I know you're not worried about taking them out, but that is the same thing I said when I bought my 07 Yukon. Then I was pulling them out for everything. Also the Ford rides much better than the GM. That solid rear axle really messes up the ride of the Yukon/Tahoe.

Unlike you, next year or the year after, My son will be old enough to drive. So then I'll be looking for another car/truck. He will be getting my 02 Pontiac Grand Am. I still haven't decided if I want a truck or a car. Really leaning towards a Camaro. But unlike you, I can't/won't have anymore kids.

Since the Cash for Clunkers deal, there are alot of good used SUVs out there, here anyway. Just make sure you do you homework.

Offline joey791

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 07:08:11 PM »
I feel you bro, I have no truck either, I'm actually driving my dad's pickup

Offline jmack

• Will draw for food
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • pixelmack.com
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 07:10:50 PM »
s'ok...

van is basically dead, so I'm looking into getting the wife a new car... she wants the acura mdx or the lexus rx_ but both are a hell of a lot of $$$...

either way, i'm going to be picking up a mode of transportation for myself... a sexy honda cbr600rr  :up:

Offline Quagmire

• No, spanking is not wrong. I like it once a day!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 07:20:24 PM »
either way, i'm going to be picking up a mode of transportation for myself... a sexy honda cbr600rr

I like to ride too...

But man, every time I'm in California, I see these dudes splitting lanes on the streets, and even on the highways, and it sends chills down my spine.  I guess I'm risk-averse, because all I can picture in my head is someone opening their car door to pour out the rest of their coffee/spit out gum/etc...to the biker's unfortunate surprise.

Offline Chef Dad

• Let me show you my gall bladder. I have it over here in a jar. Oh wait that's an avocado. Hmmm, you may not want to eat that guacamole.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • damn irish, breeding like rabbits
  • Children?: 3
  • Xbox Gamertag: the irish fuse
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 09:10:40 PM »
the rx is nice J, they're a dime a dozen in FL.
Nobody can eat fifty eggs. Except for Takeru Kobayashi

Offline Scott H.

• Big Daddy Hero
  • And then there were 5
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 09:16:25 PM »

If I didn't need the money for a diff vehicle, I'd sell this one to you way cheap.

Offline joey791

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 09:47:06 PM »

If I didn't need the money for a diff vehicle, I'd sell this one to you way cheap.

Thanks man :up:

Offline jmack

• Will draw for food
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • pixelmack.com
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 08:54:58 AM »
it's legal and safer to split :-)

rather do that and a) keep the bike cooler b) get to my destination faster c) avoid being rear–ended while stationary

Offline vegaskiller73

• Too good to be caught around Damian and Joey
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 09:03:11 AM »
it's legal and safer to split :-)

rather do that and a) keep the bike cooler b) get to my destination faster c) avoid being rear–ended while stationary

I had one in 2000-2003. Rode it everyday, rain or shine. Was my first bike also. Around here there is no lane splitting, so I was very aware of cars coming up behind me.
I've been recently contimplating getting the Yamaha WR250X. It the Supermoto / street dirtbike (not enduro). Gets like 70mpg.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 09:05:51 AM by vegaskiller73 »

Offline Leukoi

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 10:07:41 AM »
Most of you may already know, but my wife is pregnant with our 3rd child now. With that, and the fact that our boys are getting bigger, I have to sell my truck. We just can't fit a family of 5 in it comfortably.

Kids are small and fit better than adults.  When daughter number three came, I wasn't about to sell my Jeep.  I bought a center Cherokee lap belt and installed that.  Now I have three seat belts in the back seat of my Jeep. 

Offline Scott H.

• Big Daddy Hero
  • And then there were 5
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 10:19:02 AM »
Most of you may already know, but my wife is pregnant with our 3rd child now. With that, and the fact that our boys are getting bigger, I have to sell my truck. We just can't fit a family of 5 in it comfortably.

Kids are small and fit better than adults.  When daughter number three came, I wasn't about to sell my Jeep.  I bought a center Cherokee lap belt and installed that.  Now I have three seat belts in the back seat of my Jeep. 

It's the leg room in the truck that's the problem. My oldest is 8 and can barely sit behind my wife. My youngest right now is 2-1/2 and can fit his big feet between the back seat and the center console of the front seats. My truck is only an ext. cab, so I need to get a full size back seat.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution