Author Topic: Sept. 11 a Day That Changed All of My Persceptions  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Bloodpantha

• Did you trip on that? Sorry. Let me tuck that back into my pants.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 8
  • Reach Football, the new Generation of Halo Sports.
    • Deviant to the Heart
  • Children?: 3; 2 girls, 1 boy
  • First Name?: Andre
  • Xbox Gamertag: dcspantha35
Sept. 11 a Day That Changed All of My Persceptions
« on: September 19, 2011, 03:43:18 PM »
I know that this is a bit late, but I'm linking you guys to an article I wrote, which didn't end up on associatedcontent. I actually submitted it about a week ago, it just took them time to review it before they decided to post it.

http://news.yahoo.com/sept-11-day-changed-perceptions-191100877.html;_ylt=As61Bz9zBdJvuUKClz7ub.3sy.J_;_ylu=X3oDMTNzOWdkdGFuBG1pdAMEcGtnAzE4NTFlNGY5LTFmYmYtMzVjMC1hMzQ3LThiYTAyODVlOGI4NQRwb3MDMTEEc2VjA2xuX0xhdGVzdFJlYWRlclN0b3JpZXNfZ2FsBHZlcgNhNWQ0MDIyMC1lMmYzLTExZTAtOTFhYS01NTJlY2FmNGFhMjQ-;_ylv=3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 11, 2001, was a turning point for me. I remember being in school, in my math class. We watched the News, some of my classmates had known prior that one of the Twin Towers was hit, but we all learned that they had both been hit by then. I began silently praying for a many people to live through the horrific event as possible. The rush of emotions that I felt at the time is more than difficult to describe.

I think that event made it imperative for me to spend more time with my friends and family. I helped take care of my father who was dealing with an injury he got from work. I spent lots of time helping with taking care of my nieces, all of whom were still very little when the attacks happened. I was far more appreciative of the things that were given to me, I gave more respect to my elders. It wasn't as if I was a problem child to begin with, but knowing that anyone could be taken from me at any moment, I just couldn't allow people to not know that they were important to me.

Today, I know that my friends and family all know I deeply care about them, even when we aren't in agreement, or we're at odds. I know they are aware that I'd throw my life on the line to protect them. I know that they would do and feel the same for me, no matter the situation.

I've spent a lot of time thinking over and over that day. Thinking how that could have easily happened anywhere else, how it would have easily been someone I know. Also thinking how sorrowful I feel for the people that were lost, and those who lost important people.

The events of 9/11 should never be looked upon to as just something that happened in the past. No moment of tragedy should be viewed in such a way. I just only wish that there was something that I could have done back then to help, but being 14 and in school, I wasn't equipped with the knowledge to be of any use. Life is too precious to be thrown away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The main link where you can find my story and others that were written and posted is here: http://news.yahoo.com/september-11-anniversary-contributor-network/
Below is actually a sprite edit of Zero from the Megaman X series from Megaman X4 and beyond. The character I'm creating through the edit is called "Heat".

Action Shots

Achievements

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution