Author Topic: anyone interested in a gaming group and scedule for our kids?  (Read 6654 times)

Offline spddrcr

• missing in action on xboxlive
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • just say no to the brady's
    • AKNewMedia
anyone interested in a gaming group and scedule for our kids?
« on: January 21, 2009, 05:11:49 AM »
so my 7 YO jackson is starting to play games online, so far it's been on the wii and i know everyone who he has played with but today he was asking if he could play with other people on the 360 :gaah:

so i had what i think is a great idea, why not get a daddyplace kids gaming group started? basically i can put together a list of games and times that will work for anyone interested and we can decide what and when they will play. My son mostly plays the lego game's and ocassionally he plays halo 3 with me but i would love for him to be able to play online with other kids and actually be able to talk to them, he doesnt have al0ot of friends at school as we just moved him to a new school and im sure he would be excited about talking and gaming with other kids from other states.

what do you guys think? it doesnt have to be 360 as we have a ps3 as well :up:

DP Tag                  Age of Kid             Time Zone                 Time/Day available             System

Spddrcr                        7                      Pacific                                                     360/PS3

Vegaskiller                    6                      Central                                                       Wii

Aftrthought                  8                       Central                Aftr 6 wkdy/ any wknd      360/Wii

Rich M                        12                                                   Sat/Sun 4-5                360/PS3

BigLuv                         7                                                                                     360

Garand                       10                                                                               360/PS3/Wii

Keith                        7 & 10                 Eastern                                                      360

colesdad                     7                      Mountain                                                    360

Many of our kids have their own LIVE accounts as well.

Papa Joe's son is Little Homie TL
SoonerProuder's son is Cool Kid Cole
Aftr's son is Tristan051
Rich's son is Andellusion
Joey's son is Robert791
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 07:36:40 PM by Aftrthought051 »

Offline pinmonkey001

• Big Daddy Hero
Re: anyone interested in a gaming group and scedule for our kids?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 07:47:52 AM »
It sounds like a good idea.  I hope you get this going for him.  My daughter is still a little to young to play otherwise I'd sign her up.

Offline vegaskiller73

• Too good to be caught around Damian and Joey
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 08:49:36 AM »
I wouldn't have a problem with it. But I have a 14 y/o & a 6 y/o. My daughter 6 can't quite play on 360 she does play Wii by herself though. She mostly play Wii sports.
Not to mention I don't have any young kid games for the 360.

I'm sure there are a few here that have kids around that age to play.

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 08:52:45 AM »
awesome, I definitely want to get this rolling.  I have a 7 yoa as well and he desperately wants to play w/ other kids his age online on xbox 360.  I let my son play whatever, but I know that is not the case for everyone.  Weekday after 6 pm central time, and weekend when available.

Halo 2 & 3
Lego Indiana Jones, Batman, and Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
Team Fortress II
Uno
RB6: Vegas I & II
Battlefield: Bad Company
The Outfit
Castle Crashers
Unreal Tournament III
Crackdown
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
COD 2, 3, & 4
GOW 1 & 2
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 09:00:36 PM by Aftrthought051 »

Offline Rich M

• If I set up a day to meet online, I'll be there three days later......maybe.
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 09:33:37 AM »
I have a 12 y/o that is always looking for an excuse to play.  He mostly plays shooters (CoD 4, RB6V2, GoW 1 & 2), and Rock Band 2.   Once you get a list of approved games and some days and times, I'm sure he'd be happy to jump in once in a while.   
What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about??

Offline BigLuv

• All I want for Christmas are naughty hot lesbians who are obviously whores
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 10:55:52 AM »
what a great idea Logan is 7 years old and I support his gaming and I want in on this

Offline Garand

• You can find me in the phone book, under "Professional Ninja"
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Husband, Father, Gamer
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 12:57:33 PM »
My son's 10 and has been hounding me for an XBL account.  I wouldn't mind letting him on mine for a couple of sessions.  Weekdays after 6 pm, Central.

Here's a list of games that he likes:

Castle Crashers
Gears of War 2 (language and gore turned off)
Halo 3
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Rock Band 2

PS3
Burnout Paradise
Little Big Planet
Warhawk

Wii
Pokemon Revolution
Smash Bros. Brawl
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 10:53:09 AM by Garand »

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 08:04:30 PM »
This is a great idea!     My boys are 10 and 7.   I haven't let them play online yet because of all the cussing and stuff..     This would be great for them.

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline colesdad

• Mick Foley is my favorite UFC downloadable character.
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 09:46:43 PM »
Sounds great. Cole is 7 and I pretty much let him play whatever like Aftr sd. Let me know.

[img width= height= alt=]http://bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/detail5/360/SoonerProud.png[/img]

Offline spddrcr

• missing in action on xboxlive
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • just say no to the brady's
    • AKNewMedia
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 02:03:07 AM »
ok so this would be a good thing to get started, so next come's the when part of it, what do you guys think would be a good time for it? Im in california so there's a time differance for me compared to most of you.

Offline Rich M

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 07:55:35 AM »
ok so this would be a good thing to get started, so next come's the when part of it, what do you guys think would be a good time for it? Im in california so there's a time differance for me compared to most of you.

I know that weekends are pretty busy for most people, but I was thinking about the hour or two right before dinner time.  That's usually when my son knows that the wife and I are getting things ready for dinner and gearing down from the day's events, so that's when he jumps on and plays.  What about Saturday or Sunday about 4 or 5 pm? 

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 08:42:00 AM »
O.K.  I'm gonna edit the first post so that we can see who is interested, the time zone they are in, age of children, and possible time/day for this. 

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 08:45:22 AM »
I would like to see this get rolling and am really excited for my son to be able to play w/ fellow kids who won't be a negative influence.  So my son, 7 yrs. old, Tristan, will be available to play this Saturday around 6 pm central (that's 7pm eastern, 5pm mountain, & 4pm Pacific).  My son really likes Halo 2 & 3 and GOW 1 & 2.  I know that's a bit gory, so that's just a suggestion.  Most know I have a ton of games so whatever will be fine.  So that's one, and we can always have more than just two.  So let's post up and get our kids interacting w/ one another.

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 02:33:37 PM »
So everybody expressed interest and this just died.  Well, I got w/ colesdad (Sooner), and we are going to have our sons play together on some GOW2 on Saturday.  Not sure what time, but it will probably be in the afternoon Saturday, central time, or towards the evening, if anyone else is interested in letting their kids do some gaming w/ ours.

Offline Rich M

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 02:58:33 PM »
So everybody expressed interest and this just died.  Well, I got w/ colesdad (Sooner), and we are going to have our sons play together on some GOW2 on Saturday.  Not sure what time, but it will probably be in the afternoon Saturday, central time, or towards the evening, if anyone else is interested in letting their kids do some gaming w/ ours.

Absolutely, my boy LOVES Gears games and would certainly be willing to play.  He's on quite a bit just playing public matches with all the jerks that are out there in Xbox Live land anyway.  I would really like for him to be able to play with some kids that are actually decent human beings.  Just name the time(s). 

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution