Author Topic: 2 year old and hockey  (Read 1637 times)

Heimdallt

2 year old and hockey
« on: February 23, 2012, 01:37:41 PM »
Me and my son go to the local arena and watch hockey near all day on weekends he loves it and when he comes home he grabs his little mini stick and plays non stop.

My concern is how do I teach hi
 About the hand and not to discourage him from playing, he speaks most words with sign language. I was a pour hockey play sucked hands down lol, and he is my first born son, I am just questioning my parenting I want to let him experience as much as possible and don't want to start pushing him into it, after seeing some parents watching there son I told myself I don't want to be like that, what have you guys done with your kids into sports how to educate them in the sports

It's not how we fall which defines us but how we rise after falling

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
Re: 2 year old and hockey
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 01:53:08 PM »
Mostly I just let my kids make up their own mind.   I love watching college football.   For so many years my kids just didn't seem to get into like I did.   It bothered me, but I didn't say anything.   I would even go as far as asking them if they wanted to watch it with me..  But they never did or they just watched for a few mins.

Until this year.   My oldest, who is 13 now, started watching football with me.  I didn't even ask him this past year, he just started watching it with me and we watched most games together.  I must say that I really enjoyed it!

As far as them playing, just tell them that you will support them no matter what type of sport they want to play, even if that don't want to play anything.   But chances are they will want to play something.

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution