Author Topic: Positive discipline tactics  (Read 8235 times)

TacoDave

Re: Positive discipline tactics
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2011, 02:27:44 AM »
That's good info. Luckily, I am pretty good with the positive. I am just having trouble with him and "No" I know he knows what it means, but when you say it to him, he deliberately does it again, like he's testing me. I don't like to, but I have occasionally slapped his hand and said "No" but he still does it. Over and over. It's exhausting.

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 34
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Keet
  • Xbox Gamertag: KeetAK
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 02:37:09 AM »
LOL, we've all been there, Taco.

Set the rules and be consistent...eventually it pays off.

"Some people feel the rain.  Others just get wet" Dylan/Marley

TacoDave

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 04:40:54 AM »
Yeah. I'm not enjoying the temper tantrums. Plus, now he's trying to hit us when he doesn't get his way. Grrr.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

The Oxcart

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 11:00:04 PM »
My wife just finished reading 'Raising Your Spirited Child' and shared some of the various things with me. We've had a bunch of little troubles with our daughter, especially since moving. But we implemented a bunch of the tactics of this book and she's good as gold now. I think we've all had that moment when we realize that a situation is really whacked out mainly because we just need to shift our own perspective, and what I've read about the book has changed me. The tantrums have (mainly) stopped, she's transitioning better, etc. YMMV but it's at least worth a look, to perhaps maybe see your child's behavior in a different light.

shaun

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 02:34:42 PM »
I have found the carrot and the stick tactic to be simple and effective. I punish bad behaviour and reward or praise good behaviour. My son still tries to test the boundaries with the odd tantrum but he has learned it is futile.

Offline GFarmer

• Daddy Jr.
  • Liked: 0
  • New to Daddyplace
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Gary
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2016, 06:13:41 AM »
Great post... lots of good information on here and i totally agree with a more positive approach

Offline ParentingGyaan

• New Dad
  • Liked: 0
  • New to Daddyplace
    • wonder parenting
  • First Name?: Abhishek
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2018, 07:57:34 AM »
Positive discipline is necessary and beneficial for a positive parenting and here you can follow these simple and beneficial tips to teach your child a positive discipline:

Principles of Child Discipline:

Rules should be clear and firm so that your children know what is expected of them.
    Rules should be modified and reviewed in the time according to the child’s growing needs.
    Parents should manage their child and take control so that children could not manipulate them often.
    In the child’s presence, parents should not fight as children might take advantage of frequent disputes.
    Parents should agree among themselves first regarding the family rules and decide the consequences if the rules are broken.

Considerations of Child Discipline:

Avoid referring your child’s past mistakes and try to deal with the present situation, otherwise, it may impose guilt on him and it will become a form of nagging always.
    Always deal with the behavior and not the child. Tell him that you have a problem with the situation and not the child.
    Do not put the child down by labeling him like lazy, stupid or dumb. It will lower his self-confidence.
    Point out specifically the behavior that is not acceptable.
    Discipline should be meted out at the right time but not with anger. Right timing strengthens the effect.
    Reconcile and connect with your child after taking the disciplined action. Let him know that you love him unconditionally despite the circumstances.

Hope these tips will help you and your child to lead a positive and healthy life.
Source: www.wonderparenting.com

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution