Author Topic: New NBA Jam!  (Read 1894 times)

Offline Adrian's Dad

• Cinema
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Cody
New NBA Jam!
« on: January 05, 2010, 11:27:36 AM »
He's on fire!

ESPN reports that Electronic Arts has acquired the license for Midway's NBA Jam and has assigned EA Canada's Vancouver studio to a reboot of the franchise. The game's original creator, Mark Turmell, who currently works at EA Tiburon as a senior creative director, is allegedly collaborating on the project, which, according to ESPN, will "ship to retail exclusively for the Wii."

With no other platforms mentioned in the report, the story sounds a bit off. However, 1UP, which has partnered with ESPN on the sports network's video game wing, has suggested XBLA and PSN versions of a new NBA Jam are also in the works, though that is not corroborated by the original report.

We've contacted EA and Turmell for confirmation and details. EA Sports will allegedly announce the game later this month.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 11:38:06 AM by Adrian's Dad »

supertim

Re: New NBA Jam!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 11:49:54 AM »
LOL I played that game to death on Sega Genesis.  Not to be a downer, but I can't imagine EA not messing it up (despite having the game's creator working there) by attempting to modernize the title.  Only time will tell. 

Interesting if it ends up only on Wii, though.  Thing better have sick motion controls to be exclusive worthy.  I would DL the original game off XBL or PSN in a heartbeat, though. 

Offline dewman28

• I LOVE the Phoenix Suns! Especially Steve Nash. Boy would I like to get a piece of that!
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 12:26:32 PM »
are you 2 long lost brothers or what your avatars couldn't be much closer  :LMAO:

"Reflecting on my life I would rather wish I had made more money, rather than spending more time with my kids"-SAHD

Offline Adrian's Dad

• Cinema
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • First Name?: Cody
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 12:56:38 PM »
Must be since we seem to have similar tastes in everything too.  :laugh2:

supertim

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 02:40:32 PM »
Must be since we seem to have similar tastes in everything too.  :laugh2:

"Brothers don't shake hands...brothers gotta HUG!"   :laugh2:

Offline dewman28

• I LOVE the Phoenix Suns! Especially Steve Nash. Boy would I like to get a piece of that!
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 04:46:22 PM »
 :LMAO:

"Reflecting on my life I would rather wish I had made more money, rather than spending more time with my kids"-SAHD

Offline JacksDaddy

• The last time I saw Kobe was in Denver,CO and we all know what happened there.....Ouch
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
  • My baby girl
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Ryan
  • Xbox Gamertag: ChillSuperfly
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 05:17:08 PM »
 :whoa:

You guys are like twins!  nice catch dew...

Offline BigCöx

• Well, I'm just this guy, you know?
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 4
  • Sloan's Daddy - 12/17/07
    • BC on FB
  • First Name?: Matt
  • Xbox Gamertag: c0dek
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 11:02:34 PM »
maybe they're Cylons?

Offline dewman28

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 11:07:09 PM »
maybe its the same guy with multi personality's but the same taste in avatar accessories, wow were just a little off topic!, I think I'll start the Adrian's Dad supertim 2 people or two personality's topic!

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution