Author Topic: Nintendo E3  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Nintendo E3
« on: June 15, 2010, 03:23:48 PM »
OK, so Zelda came out and it's great they made a new zelda and it is not like Wind Maker, but still.  I'm totally into the whole all wiimote thing.  On stage, and even w/ that stupid motion plus, you could see Link was not performing what he was suppose to and you had to kill certain creatures w/ a certain slash.  I like zelda games, but I'm not really sure about this.  Give me Zelda back on the gamecube.
MiiParty looks pretty typical, but both my kids love those party games w/ all the mini games and you go across a board.  Most likely a definite purchase for me this holiday.
Mario Mixed Sports.  All the Mario games are well done and I have no doubt this will be well done as well.  Most likely a purchase as well.
Donkey Kong Country Returns.  I loved Donkey Kong Country, and this looks to stay true to the formula.  If I played the Wii at all, I would probably get it, but I don't, so only if my son asks for it will I end up w/ this.
Metroid Enter M.  Again, Metroid is great, but I just don't play.  However, if you enjoy any of the previous Metroid games, this looks like the one to get.  Really great looking game and no doubt w/ refined controls.
Kirby Magical Yarn.  This game looks great and my son loves Kirby.  Looks to be very well done and I'm sure I will get it for him.
Mickey Mouse Epic Mickey.  I wasn't blown away by this game.  The Steamboat Willie gameplay looked great, but I am really taken back to Mickey's Magical Quest on SNES.  Anybody else played that game?  It was a great adventure game I thought.  Very well done and Mickey had different costumes he could wear w/ different powers.  A great game.  I hope Epic Mickey can do the same, but I will wait and see.

And then comes the BOOM!!!  A new Nintendo DS called the 3DS.  Top screen is for gaming in 3D WITH NO GLASSES!!!  My daughter wanted a DSi for the camera and all, but this has two cameras so you can even take pictures in 3D.  I'm so glad I didn't buy the new DSi or DS XL.  Kid Icarus was announced as a game coming at launch, but no date was mentioned.  Also was all the developers to get behind the product like Saints' Row, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, and the best, Metal Gear Solid.  You couldn't see the 3D on TV, but everyone says it is great.  Also it has a sensor pad which most resembles a portable analog stick.  The top screen is the 3D screen w/ a 3D slider so you can adjust how much 3D it will have, all the way to 2D.  And the bottom screen will be a touch screen.  Nintendo stated that the 3D and touch screen just didn't play well together and that is understandable.  Nintendo really hit one out the park for me this year.  Zelda, Kid Icarus, DKC, Metroid, oh, and Nintendogs & Cats coming to the 3DS.
I want a 3DS now though.  Very cool. 

Best in Show: Nintendo for this year.  I doubt Sony can top this, but maybe.

Offline Garand

• You can find me in the phone book, under "Professional Ninja"
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Husband, Father, Gamer
Re: Nintendo E3
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 05:20:04 PM »
I also thought Nintendo did a great job.  I was interested in most of the games they announced which looked like a return to their roots.  I liked the idea of the 3DS and the games that were listed.  Metal Gear, Kid Icarus, and Resident Evil definitely have my full attention.

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 05:23:46 PM »
I forgot NBA Jam got announced, but not shown.  Disappointing.

and Goldeneye was announced for this November, but I'm still heartbroken this is not coming to XBLA and PSN.  So much potential just thrown away on the Wii.  I do not expect this game to be good, but it may surprise me.

Offline PFof2

• "If at first you don't suceed, respawn and try again."
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • heh heh yeah!
    • Mike Richardson Photography
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 07:09:56 PM »
Goldeneye 007 on the GAmecube was one of the best ever 64 games. The Wii version should be fun as well if they stick with the same formula.

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 12:09:41 AM »
Goldeneye was N64.   :geek:   :laugh2:

Also, some new games announced for the 3DS are Pilotwings (loved that game), Star Fox, and the BEST GAME EVER, Zelda: Ocarina of Time.  SOLD!!!

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 05:13:24 PM »
Unhealthy for under 7 year olds to play the 3DS or even watch 3D movies.  Glad my youngest is 7 and will be almost 8 by the time the 3DS comes out next year.
According to Nintendo boss Reggie Fils-Aime, entering the next gaming dimension might not be a great idea for all players.

Speaking to Kotaku during the E3 2010 conference, Fils-Aime warned that very young children shouldn't play 3D systems -- including the company's upcoming 3DS handheld, which boasts full 3D visuals without requiring special glasses.

"We will recommend that very young children not look at 3D images," he told the site. "That's because, [in] young children, the muscles for the eyes are not fully formed... This is the same messaging that the industry is putting out with 3D movies, so it is a standard protocol."

Fils-Aime believes children "under seven" should avoid using 3D technology. That could prove problematic for Nintendo, a company bursting with kid-friendly brands destined to act as showpieces for their 3D-enabled portable. The good news? The 3DS isn’t solely a 3D device; players can use a slider to toggle the intensity of the 3D effect. Turning 3D "off" renders the image in traditional flat 2D.

The 3DS, which is due out by March of next year, enjoyed rave reviews by the lucky few who experienced it firsthand at E3. Nintendo hopes the device will ultimately take the wind out of 3D leader Sony's sails, although Sony boss Kaz Hirai considers the 'naked eye' portable to be "imprecise."

Yahoo Article

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution