Author Topic: Animal Crossing  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Bloodpantha

• Did you trip on that? Sorry. Let me tuck that back into my pants.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 8
  • Reach Football, the new Generation of Halo Sports.
    • Deviant to the Heart
  • Children?: 3; 2 girls, 1 boy
  • First Name?: Andre
  • Xbox Gamertag: dcspantha35
Animal Crossing
« on: March 04, 2008, 08:36:29 PM »
I just wanted to what dads were waiting for this game. I'll admit that I like Animal Crossing, I have the GC version, and it's addictive. I want to see what Nintendo will do with it on the Wii. I have a thought about how the town system will be set up. I figure that each AC owner would have one town for their console, and you'd only be able to travel to the towns in your address book. As long as you both have each other saved. Which I figure would mean that you could all be in one town at the same time, and raid each others trees and stuff. I hope they'll allow for more playability and allow people to mess with each other's stuff, not take it, but move it around and stuff. Another way would be to let a group of people set up a town together and have different houses in the same town. Either way, it would be fun to me, I liked the game, and would like the expansion to the series. Hopefully they'll still allow Gamecube controllers to be used. Anyway, what about you guys?
Below is actually a sprite edit of Zero from the Megaman X series from Megaman X4 and beyond. The character I'm creating through the edit is called "Heat".

Action Shots

Achievements

Offline Garand

• You can find me in the phone book, under "Professional Ninja"
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • Husband, Father, Gamer
Re: Animal Crossing
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 10:04:30 AM »
I've watched my son play it on GC and DS.  We'll get it but he'll be running things.  If you like Animal Crossing, you should check out My Sims.  He got that for his birthday and from playing it with him, it seems like AC just with people. 

Sanctus

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 10:35:54 AM »
I have not bought a Wii yet, but I'm sure that I will eventually.  I have Animal crossing on both the GC and the DS and I've had a lot of fun playing it with my kids.  It's actually a great tool for reading and my 5 year old son likes to send me letters in the game.  I really hope Nintendo makes it a lot easier to play with people online and I agree that it would be nice to at least have the ability to move furniture around in other character's houses.  I must say that even though the Cube came out in 2001 (hard to believe!) and it does not output in high def, Animal crossing looks great on my new Samsung HD set.    It actually makes the game a lot more fun to play just because of the increased visual area on the screen. 

Offline Bloodpantha

• Big Daddy Hero
    • Deviant to the Heart
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 02:07:13 PM »
i was thinking about getting My Sims, but I wasn't sure about it. But I do plan on getting SC for Wii when they put it on the shelves, it's a funny game, so I don't see a problem with having it.
Below is actually a sprite edit of Zero from the Megaman X series from Megaman X4 and beyond. The character I'm creating through the edit is called "Heat".

Action Shots

Achievements

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 05:46:49 PM »
the wii is the same as the GC.  While the games are not jaw dropping, they still look really good.  Maybe b/c the cartoon characters are not hard to do and don't require a lot of processing pwr.  Mario Galaxy looks stunning on an HDTV.
Oh, and I've never played animal crossing, my son never really got into those types of games.

Offline Bloodpantha

• Big Daddy Hero
    • Deviant to the Heart
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 04:03:15 PM »
It's pretty simples and easy to play, plus it's fun. If you found it at a retail outlet, like maybe Kmart or Target (I've worked at both places) you could find it relatively cheap, say maybe 5 bucks, if that even, plus you get a free 59 block GC memory with it.

Action Shots

Achievements

Offline PFof2

• "If at first you don't suceed, respawn and try again."
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • heh heh yeah!
    • Mike Richardson Photography
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 04:22:00 PM »
we have a Wii that m wife rarely plays, I can't get the whole online thing right, but I have Zelda which is fun, and another Wii sports type game, haven't gotten an others.. Animal crossing sounds kinda fun, might try my Sims though.. loved the original sims on pc would be even cooler if you could use your own characters in it.. and be able to move stuff around.. awesome.. could do room makeovers for people and play hide and go find my dresser.. the mini games could go on and on..

Offline Bloodpantha

• Big Daddy Hero
    • Deviant to the Heart
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 06:41:40 PM »
I don't think that MySims is apart of the same series, might be made by the same company though.

Action Shots

Achievements

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution