Author Topic: Another Wiier!!!!  (Read 1424 times)

bumpandrun

Another Wiier!!!!
« on: June 23, 2008, 12:37:58 AM »
(babysitter is 60 years old)   My babysitter got me a Wii for Fathers' Day!!!!!  had to put the blurb in before anyone got any crazy ideas :)    Wife, 2 year old daughter and I have been having a blast..  2 y.o. just swings the controller around and laughs everytime the person on screen moves.  Great entertainment....  Now looking for a Wii Fit..  Dont know much about the Wii, so will be on here looking for advice and game reviews.  Already bought the fake steering wheel for Excite Truck and Mario Cart, and another controller.

Bump

Offline pinmonkey001

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Re: Another Wiier!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 08:35:34 AM »
Wii Play! is basically a free game with the purchase of a controller.  It has battle tanks, duck hunt, ping-pong, and another game or two.  It's worth a purchase.

I loved the Zelda game for Wii.  And if you are into shooters Metroid is good.

Mario Kart is a blast.  I didn't care for the Sonic game.  If you don't have another console then Guitar Hero III is good.  The guitar uses the Wii-mote as the brains of the controller which makes it very accurate and dependable.

Nyko has a charging station for two wii-motes, and that has saved us untold money on batteries.

No More Heros isn't a bad game but got very repeatitive.

Overall the system is neat and the free online play is wonderful.  however there aren't that many games are worth picking up right now.  I think Nintendo is selling on the novelty of the interface and not on game play right now.  I'm hoping that will change soon.  I just think that 3rd party producers just haven't figured out the right mix of game play and novelty of interface yet. 

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 09:28:07 AM »
don't forget to post your wii console number, bump.

Pin gave you good ideas for games to get.  I'm looking at Boom Blox right now, but I haven't gotten it yet, but everyone says how fun it is.  And I know my 4 yo daughter loves knocking down blocks, so doing that in a video game world where I don't have to pick them back up and re-stack'em, bonus. 

bumpandrun

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 10:13:33 AM »
how do you post your Wii number?  like I said, I am new at this.. the first time I ever saw a Wii was the day I opened it. :)

Offline pinmonkey001

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 10:17:49 AM »
if you "click" on the email looking icon and create a new message it should give you your wii number.  Each game on line looks like it has it's own friend code.

also each person you friend also has to enter your code in for you be on eachother's lists.

Offline jmack

• Will draw for food
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • pixelmack.com
    • Visual & Creative Studio
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 10:20:10 AM »
yeah, nintendo did a terrible job fostering community gameplay IMO....

if you can actually find games in stock they are loads of fun for the whole family :)

Offline Garand

• You can find me in the phone book, under "Professional Ninja"
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Husband, Father, Gamer
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 11:41:41 AM »
don't forget to post your wii console number, bump.

Pin gave you good ideas for games to get.  I'm looking at Boom Blox right now, but I haven't gotten it yet, but everyone says how fun it is.  And I know my 4 yo daughter loves knocking down blocks, so doing that in a video game world where I don't have to pick them back up and re-stack'em, bonus. 

+1 on Boom Blox.  My 10 yr son and I have a great time with it.

Offline BigCöx

• Well, I'm just this guy, you know?
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 4
  • Sloan's Daddy - 12/17/07
    • BC on FB
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Matt
  • Xbox Gamertag: c0dek
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 09:12:29 PM »
like I said, I am new at this.. the first time I ever saw a Wii was the day I opened it. :)

that's what she said!

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution