Author Topic: Any reason for concern?  (Read 683 times)

Offline Ryan Lasal

• New Dad
  • Liked: 0
  • New to Daddyplace
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Ryan
  • Xbox Gamertag: La5al
Any reason for concern?
« on: October 06, 2017, 10:19:00 PM »
Hey all!

I’m brand new to the board, so my apologies if this topic has been discussed. I’m a first time dad, my little guy is 17 months old and I’m starting to get concerned about his talking, or lack thereof.

He does a lot of the milestone things, points, responds to his name, follows minor directions. He’s spoken previously, saying “mama” and “dada” but that was about 3 months ago and now he just babbles.

I ask him to say “dada” and he smiles at me like he knows what I want him to say, but he doesn’t say it.

Is there cause for concern yet, or could this be because my wife is home with him all day and he doesn’t necessarily need to talk because she makes sure he has what he wants?

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
Re: Any reason for concern?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 08:44:46 AM »
Welcome to the site. 

I wouldn’t worry too much. Every baby is different, but if you are concerned you can ask your babies pediatrician if they would recommend a good speech therapist. We took 2 of our children to a therapist when they were young. It helped a lot and if nothing is wrong you have the piece of mind.     Hope this helps.

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution