Author Topic: Child support  (Read 7679 times)

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
Child support
« on: February 02, 2006, 09:52:13 AM »
Years ago when I first got divorced I got custody of my 2 boys.   My ex wife was supposed to pay me child support.   I didn't ask for much.   She has paid off and on.  Now for the first year she didn't pay anything.  So, after that I called child support services here in Tennessee.  They started deducting child support from her for me and all was working out fine except for back child support.  Well, a couple of mths ago she quit paying again and I have waited and waited for her to "fix" this problem. 

I called child support services this morning and they told me they were aware of this and that they are going after her and even told me the amount that she owes me in backpay.  I was surprised!  They also told me that they were going to take as much of her Income Tax money as they could to get me caught up!   I am very excited about that because bills have gotten behind with having 2 boys in school and now a little 1 yr old girl.   

They also told me they were setting up a court date to take my ex to court on and that I had to be there as well.     So, wish me luck.

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Madd_Mike

Re: Child support
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 01:42:18 AM »
Good Luck!

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 08:22:32 AM »
Thanks Mike for reminding me about this thread.   LOL

*UPDATE*

We never went back to court.   But with the help of the Tennessee Child Support System I have been getting my child support now.   She is still behind a couple of thousand dollars, but they are supposed to intercept her IRS check and get me caught up..  She within the next couple of weeks, she should be caught up and everything back on track...

New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline MindBender

• Da SingleDaddy
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 08:04:10 AM »
Good for you...

my ex is supposed to pay a whole $97.00 a month and instead she chooses to send the Department of Child Support here a whole $11.00 a month for the past 5 months now.... but.

I don't really care about the money.  I care more that she hasn't taken the time to come see Emily but 3 times since Jan. 9th, 2006.

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 08:13:13 AM »
Hey Brandon..   Glad to see you around!

I don't really care about the money.  I care more that she hasn't taken the time to come see Emily but 3 times since Jan. 9th, 2006.

My boys are in the same boat..   Their real mom hasn't seen them in about a year and half.     

What have mothers become now-a-days.

Offline MindBender

• Da SingleDaddy
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 08:28:13 AM »
I got no idea whats up with mothers.

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Mitch
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 08:33:50 AM »
I got no idea whats up with mothers.

:LMAO:

Offline MindBender

• Da SingleDaddy
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 09:33:20 AM »

lol

Swoffords Dad

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 07:57:06 PM »
Hey Brandon..   Glad to see you around!

My boys are in the same boat..   Their real mom hasn't seen them in about a year and half.     

What have mothers become now-a-days.

A couple of decades ago this sort of behaviour was very unlikely from women, but society as a whole I believe has made this more acceptable behaviour at the expense of the children

I would venture to say that 99% of the people that come to Forums like this one (and it is a very good one) because we are genuinely in love with our children. However the world is made up of people of all shapes and sizes with all kinds of beliefs and moral structure to each his own and not everyone will be as dedicated as most of us, and there are some that are more dedicated...for the child its just the luckof the draw I guess.

Sometimes I think people should have a licence and sit exams and a special two year course before being allowed to have children  :shrug:

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 08:51:00 PM »
Sometimes I think people should have a licence and sit exams and a special two year course before being allowed to have children  :shrug:

I agree with you 100%!         :up:

SingleDaddieOf2

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2009, 12:49:00 PM »
yea mothers...what can you say...my ex took off 3 years ago and has supposed to pay $250 a month for child support and she still hasn't paid a red cent.  The child support people say they cant find her even though I gave them her phone number and where she was and that she just had another baby...not mine thank god...I don't care about the money but honestly just take care of your responsibilities

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009, 08:14:20 PM »
yea mothers...what can you say...my ex took off 3 years ago and has supposed to pay $250 a month for child support and she still hasn't paid a red cent.  The child support people say they cant find her even though I gave them her phone number and where she was and that she just had another baby...not mine thank god...I don't care about the money but honestly just take care of your responsibilities

I know Ken.   What gets me is that if it were the other way around, the men would be put in jail for not paying child support.   Why is it that way?

SingleDaddieOf2

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2009, 08:47:33 PM »
I wish I knew...I don't understand why our court system favors women in child support and custody battles...some of us men out here are really good dads and even better then the moms in cases but somehow that doesnt get across.  We always get a bad rap.

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2009, 09:14:36 PM »
I know what you mean.   I just got child support from my ex.   DCS intercepted my ex's refund check and got her caught up that way.   That's 3 years in a roll that I have got the money..

SingleDaddieOf2

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2009, 11:01:50 PM »
Thats good!  My ex never worked when we were together and I doubt she works now so I don't think I'll get anything from that :(

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution