Author Topic: Child support  (Read 7550 times)

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
Re: Child support
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 06:43:52 AM »
Thats good!  My ex never worked when we were together and I doubt she works now so I don't think I'll get anything from that :(

I know how disheartening that is..   I wish you luck, but I don't think that the police or the courts will help you much at all..   Probably not even taking her back to court if they say they can't find her..

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

SingleDaddieOf2

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 01:16:52 PM »
Yea I just don't care about it anymore.  All I can say is that I'm happy that at least she doesn't want to have anything to do with the kids and I.  It saves alot of heartache and trouble with the children.

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2009, 08:15:06 PM »
It saves alot of heartache and trouble with the children.

More than you will probably ever know!    That is one GREAT thing about it.

New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

jlfarris

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2009, 09:41:37 AM »
You know what kills me?  I paid over 600 a month in the last 2 years my ex had them.  I get custody, and even though she's working they never took her paystubs, and ordered her to 50 bucks - the minimum.  It's a joke.  The worst part - my ex is BEHIND!  On 50 bucks a month.  She doesn't pay in a month for her kids what I do for a stinkin Xbox game, and she isn't even responsible enough to make that payment.  She makes more now, and no one has even bothered to go after her for more.  I was reviewed every stinkin year.

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2009, 09:44:24 AM »
Sorry John.    It sucks!   Keep pushing it.  It's not right how they treat dads, but just be thankful that you have your kids.

Mini Man

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2009, 12:23:49 PM »
That sucks, John! I'm sick of hearing about dads getting screwed over by deadbeat moms simply because they happen to be male. Thankfully we have a good rapport and joint custody of my oldest son, but I've told my wife that if his mom ever decided to take me to court for support (I provide everything for him anyway) that I'd quit all my jobs and be a bum. I won't give her a dime, she doesn't deserve it.

Just remember that the most important thing is that your children are with you now, and that is all that really matters.

Offline dscottnmel

• If I had a million dollars I'd buy me some nice mom jeans.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2009, 12:30:06 PM »
Anyone know if I have to go back to court when my kids from previous marriage turn 18 or graduate. I'm rounding the corner from this happening and I'm not sure how to prepare. I currently pay through payroll deduction, does that just stop automatically? Do I need to fill out paperwork, attorney?

Offline vegaskiller73

• Too good to be caught around Damian and Joey
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2009, 08:46:14 AM »
If they are in college or any other kind of schooling, you may still have to pay CS. I don't know your state's laws but when the kids turn 18, they should stop drafting money out of your payroll.

Offline Scott H.

• C'mon Boys, we need #6!!!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • And then there were 5
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2009, 08:59:51 AM »
Check your divorce papers to see what it says, and take a copy of it to your HR.

People who think they know it all really annoy those of us that do.

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2009, 09:02:23 AM »
Again, this is Louisiana.  So when your kids turn 18, yes it is technically suppose to stop, but never trust the system.  You should definitely contact your attorney though, or the state case worker, just to make sure that this is noted and will take place.  Most are automated, but checking twice never hurts.  If your kids go to college, you will be required to keep them on medical insurance until school is complete.  Again, this is LA and it does differ from state to state. 

Magna

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 05:47:54 PM »
i'm not having such a good day myself but can honestly say this topic made me feel a little bit better. it sucks, and i'm sorry to hear about your troubles with getting some financial help from your ex but where i live (in canada) a man collecting child support from a mother who for whatever reason didn't get custody by default it almost unheard of. kinda makes me feel like there is hope after all :)

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution