Author Topic: Rock Band 2  (Read 963 times)

Offline dscottnmel

• If I had a million dollars I'd buy me some nice mom jeans.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Rock Band 2
« on: December 12, 2008, 03:39:00 PM »
Is it just me or are the drums just "crack addicting like". I can't stop play this game on the drums. It took a while for me to get the hang of but now that I have some of the parts down pretty good I find myself lost in the jams and sweating my butt off when I'm done with a set. Anyone have a fav song on the drums, mine is probably "testify" by Rage, or "Anyway you want it" by Journey. Call Dr. Drew on me I think I have to be admitted.

Offline BobChase

• Welcome my son. Welcome to the machine.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels
    • 358 Fitness
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Bob
  • Xbox Gamertag: TheBigCieez
Re: Rock Band 2
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 03:54:21 PM »
My wife is like this too. Never played the drums before but after a couple weeks she's gotten really good. She's really gained a solid appreciation for the instrument and finds herself just listening to the drums when she hears a song on the radio.

She likes playing anything by Rush.

Mini Man

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 09:38:59 AM »
I've tried getting into the drums on both RB and RB2, but for whatever reason, I am getting some really nasty shin pain when I play, so I haven't been. Shame really, I was looking forward to it.

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 12:19:44 PM »
Derek, you probably have shin pain because you are playing heel down (resting it on the floor).  Try keeping your heel suspended in the air so that your foot is basically flat in the air and not at an angle.  Raise and lower your entire leg to the beats instead of using your shin and calf.  Keep the pedal pressed down, and only raise it and then push right back down to hit your beat.  Also, make sure you have invested in supporting your bass pedal as it will crack right at the spring.  You can buy a nyko medal pedal for $20 or buy an after market attachment that many ppl make.  Need any more tips, just let me know when we are online.

I love "Go Your Own Way" by Fleetwood Mac, fav drum song on rb2.  Also "Going, Gone" on the 20 free downloads if you did that.  If you buy songs, "Whose going home w/ you tonight" Trapt is very fun and my wife loves singing it.  It's a must play whenever we play together.  Also "My Hero" Foo Fighters is fun and I enjoy "My Worst Enemy" Lit for a fun warmup.

Offline joey791

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 12:55:02 PM »
Kickstart my heart, without you, Dr. Feelgood are some of my favorites

Mini Man

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 01:50:52 PM »
Derek, you probably have shin pain because you are playing heel down (resting it on the floor).  Try keeping your heel suspended in the air so that your foot is basically flat in the air and not at an angle.  Raise and lower your entire leg to the beats instead of using your shin and calf.  Keep the pedal pressed down, and only raise it and then push right back down to hit your beat.  Also, make sure you have invested in supporting your bass pedal as it will crack right at the spring.  You can buy a nyko medal pedal for $20 or buy an after market attachment that many ppl make.  Need any more tips, just let me know when we are online.

I love "Go Your Own Way" by Fleetwood Mac, fav drum song on rb2.  Also "Going, Gone" on the 20 free downloads if you did that.  If you buy songs, "Whose going home w/ you tonight" Trapt is very fun and my wife loves singing it.  It's a must play whenever we play together.  Also "My Hero" Foo Fighters is fun and I enjoy "My Worst Enemy" Lit for a fun warmup.

I'll try that next time I break out with it. I'm thinking over the Holiday Recess would be a good time, that way I can get the boys in on it and turn on the no fail mode.

BTW, just noticed your "alteration" to my username thingy. Hillarious!  :biggrin:

Mini Man

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 01:52:01 PM »
Kickstart my heart, without you, Dr. Feelgood are some of my favorites

Excellent tracks, both are on my iPhone and get listened to at least every 2-3 days.  :up:

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution