Author Topic: Raised My kids Alone  (Read 4382 times)

DBARRY47

Raised My kids Alone
« on: December 14, 2008, 02:38:04 AM »
Hey ya'll i raised my three kids since they were 5 girl, 7,boy,8 girl they are now 20 22 23 and have 2 grandbabys 3 boy and 7 girl but thank god im not raiseing them i get to spoil the heck out of them and then send them back to mommy and daddy all hyped on candy and pop lmao pay backs a B.... but i must admit it was a tough challange as my exwife walked away from them telling them she wasnt ever comeing back and to this day she doesnt even know shes a grandma shes never writen them or called them or sent them a birthday or xmas card but like i told my kids thats her loss her and her boyfriend are in jail for drug manufacting meth,crack and pot plus possion of 8 handguns and 4 shot guns and check this out 2 gradaides (spelling) with the pins in them and 4000 bullets i guess they were affrade they were going to get robbed they had over 100,000 dollers all and you know what if i had to do it all over again i wouldnt think twice about doing it And yes fathers can raise kids to oh and they both got 14 years in prison not elidgable for parole till 2016 i hope they never get out they deserve every day they got and more... sorry for rambling on but thought id share my lifes jurney with all my new friends thanks guys...have a great weekend hope its all good and safe......

Dave   :hairpull: :banghead:

Offline Rich M

• If I set up a day to meet online, I'll be there three days later......maybe.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Re: Raised My kids Alone
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 09:54:15 AM »
That is a crazy story, Dave.

You should be very happy with your accomplishment of raising the kids alone.  And as for your ex-wife...you're right, it's her loss as she has missed out on some of the best aspects of life.
What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about??

Offline joey791

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 10:13:52 AM »
That is a crazy story, Dave.

You should be very happy with your accomplishment of raising the kids alone.  And as for your ex-wife...you're right, it's her loss as she has missed out on some of the best aspects of life.

Agreed

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • First Name?: Keith
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 10:35:23 AM »
why is it that the American public believe that dads are not as good at raising kids than moms, we don't get the fair shake.  My story is sort of like Dave's only instead of me raising kid, my dad raised 2 boys, through 3 marriages.  My mom left us when i was 2, did not come back, or try to contact us until i was 18... then she wants to be my best friend and what not... What the f*ck.. You can up and leave, and expect to be back in good graces... My dad did an outstanding job, and what could have turned out really bad, actually turned out good... One son in the military with an outstanding career, the other doing outstanding in everything else that he does... Both completely self dependent, and something that any parent would be proud of, yet fathers lose in child custody because of a misconception.... Sorry i am rambling also, this is just something that upsets me... sure times have changed, and it is supposed to be even playing ground... but i am sure we all know how it will work out most times... Ok thats enough...

Congrats DBarry on raising you kids by yourself... it is definitely a tough task, and from what it sounds like, you did an outstanding job.

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 10:52:07 AM »
I'm proud of you man!   I know it's not easy raising kids by yourself.   I got divorced about 6 years ago and for a couple of years I raised my 2 boys on my own.  They were 2 and 4 at the time of the divorce.  It's not easy.    But fortunately for me, I met a GREAT woman and we are raising 3 kids now.   It still has it's ups and downs.  But we love it!

Congrats to you for doing a great job!   Dads can raise kids on their own.  We might not have that "motherly instinct" that people always talk about, but we love our kids and we will do whatever it takes to raise them right!

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

DBARRY47

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 11:48:49 AM »
you got that right all three of my kids graded high school my son owns his own drywalling company with 2 crews of 8 people my oldest daughter is a manager at wallyworld plus a mom of 2 and her hubby is a certifide electricon ( spelling ) and my youngest kayla is in collage or med school on her 2nd year to become a doctor im so proud of my kids you just wouldnt beleve how much... thank you all for your very kind words its great to have other fathers to talk with And if anyone needs any kind of help or advice please feel free to either email me @ dbarry47@hotmail.com same name for msn messanger i would gladly help out anyway i can... its time for the courts to open there eyes and reconize fathers as equals in the raiseing of our beautifull children.....

Dave

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 12:58:21 PM »
yea, we will see if they open their eyes though.  It would probably take a long time to actually happen.
Congrats on all of your kids being successful.. This shows just how great you did at raising them.
 :plus1:

Offline MindBender

• Da SingleDaddy
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 07:13:01 PM »
you got that right all three of my kids graded high school my son owns his own drywalling company with 2 crews of 8 people my oldest daughter is a manager at wallyworld plus a mom of 2 and her hubby is a certifide electricon ( spelling ) and my youngest kayla is in collage or med school on her 2nd year to become a doctor im so proud of my kids you just wouldnt beleve how much... thank you all for your very kind words its great to have other fathers to talk with And if anyone needs any kind of help or advice please feel free to either email me @ dbarry47@hotmail.com same name for msn messanger i would gladly help out anyway i can... its time for the courts to open there eyes and reconize fathers as equals in the raiseing of our beautifull children.....

Dave

Truly inspiring read for me as I am in the midst of my 5th year of raising my daughter pretty much on my own she now sees her mom but its not in a mother, daughter capacity.  My ex wants to be more of a friend and when there's the slightest hint of them getting into a disagreement she instantly wants me to come get her.  But, my daughter is doing better personally seeing her then she was not seeing her.  I no longer have to confront the teary eyes of why my mom don't love me and want to see me.  So, its a little better them seeing each other. 

I enjoy reading the success stories of the pioneers of the Single Dad movement.  It inspires me more then anything possibly can.  I thank you for sharing your Single Dadhood. 

EvilistOrphan

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 08:17:30 PM »
Thank you my friend. it makes me happy to see another father doing an awsome job raiseing there kids. It does get easyer as they grow older. Untill they grow up and leave home then the house feels so empty lol. How old is your daughter if you dont mind me asking. 

SingleDaddieOf2

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 03:46:07 AM »
congratz you got your kids that far!! i feel like that guy on you r post banging his head against the wall!!  i got 2 kids 7 year old girl and 5 year old boy on my 3rd year alone as a single daddie.  the ex just up and left on jan 1, 3 years ago, never heard or seen her since.  its a long hard road but worth every second i get to spend with the kiddos.  honestly im glad its just me and not her around to mess with their lives anymore.  Im in school when the kids are so i got the GI bill from the military and fin aid to take care of us all thank god.  we keep moving on...

EvilistOrphan

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 10:58:22 AM »
Thats awsome my friend and your so right there will be some bumpy times as they get older but those bumpy times dont compare with the happy times you will have with your kidos. It sounds like your doing everything perfectly. i applade you for your effort  :up: Keep up the awsome job your doing my friend... :up:

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • I'm back, again.
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 07:45:04 PM »
i applaud all of the dads raising their kids on their own.  I am the product of one such thing.  My mom left my dad, my brother and i, when i was 2, and never looked back until we were grown up.  I know that it was tough for him, but we turned out ok, for the most part.  lol.  Just make sure you do not do what my dad did, and devoted more time to work and helping friends than his kids (not that i believe anyone is doing that).  That was the hardest part about having only my dad around.

Again i applaud you all.  You guys are doing some good stuff.
 :up:

Offline dscottnmel

• If I had a million dollars I'd buy me some nice mom jeans.
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 08:15:23 PM »
i applaud all of the dads raising their kids on their own.  I am the product of one such thing.  My mom left my dad, my brother and i, when i was 2, and never looked back until we were grown up.  I know that it was tough for him, but we turned out ok, for the most part.  lol.  Just make sure you do not do what my dad did, and devoted more time to work and helping friends than his kids (not that i believe anyone is doing that).  That was the hardest part about having only my dad around.

Again i applaud you all.  You guys are doing some good stuff.
 :up:

:plus1:

Offline MindBender

• Da SingleDaddy
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2009, 10:01:21 AM »
Thank you my friend. it makes me happy to see another father doing an awsome job raiseing there kids. It does get easyer as they grow older. Untill they grow up and leave home then the house feels so empty lol. How old is your daughter if you dont mind me asking. 

shes 7

bumrocks

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 12:27:25 AM »
Truly inspiring read for me as I am in the midst of my 5th year of raising my daughter pretty much on my own she now sees her mom but its not in a mother, daughter capacity.  My ex wants to be more of a friend and when there's the slightest hint of them getting into a disagreement she instantly wants me to come get her.  But, my daughter is doing better personally seeing her then she was not seeing her.  I no longer have to confront the teary eyes of why my mom don't love me and want to see me.  So, its a little better them seeing each other. 

I enjoy reading the success stories of the pioneers of the Single Dad movement.  It inspires me more then anything possibly can.  I thank you for sharing your Single Dadhood. 

I have to agree with my buddy Mudd.  I just got custody of my almost 2 year old son 7 days ago.  I have always remained optimistic because of the father I know I am.  But stories like these are inspiring.

Thank you very much!

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution