Author Topic: The Legend of the Seeker  (Read 1445 times)

Offline pinmonkey001

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
The Legend of the Seeker
« on: December 17, 2008, 01:59:15 PM »
Not sure where this should go tv or books, but I'm putting it in books. 

Those of you who read the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind might know, or like me, be totally surprised that there is a tv show based on the book Wizards First Rule.

The tv show is called Legend of the Seeker and you can find date and times for your area here http://www.legendoftheseeker.com/

I was geeked when I found out the tv show was comming up, but dismayed to find out I basically missed the first season already.

Offline Bigred

• Violating the Princess Bride since 1987
  • Big Daddy Hero
Re: The Legend of the Seeker
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 03:14:26 PM »
I've the entire Sword of Truth series, and really liked all the books, even though some of the middle ones drug on a bit for me.

I learned about the miniseries a few months before it came out.

Some people like it, I'm not sure who, but I'm sure somewhere some people like it.

I watched 5 episodes of it, trying to give it a chance, hoping it would get better, but it was just too annoying for me.

To keep this from being a complete rant on the show, I'll sum it up by saying it just doesn't follow the book.  At all.  With regards to story and in the way the characters are portrayed.

Its unfortunate because this could easily have been done well.

Offline pinmonkey001

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 03:19:43 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.  I still haven't seen the show.  I guess it doesn't fit in to my schedule right now.  But now that I know that I won't go out of my way to try to see it.

Offline PFof2

• "If at first you don't suceed, respawn and try again."
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • heh heh yeah!
    • Mike Richardson Photography
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 12:04:05 PM »
I have to agree with Bigred. The show takes ALOT of creative licenses with the books and characters. The books themselves are awesome reads. The character development is very in-depth. Terry Goodkind ranks right up there with Stephen King and J.R.R Tolkein IMO. I have commented on the television series before in another post but if anyone is interested in seeing it you can go to the link Pin posted  http://www.legendoftheseeker.com/ and click on Full Archive in the top right corner and watch all the episodes from the very first one.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution