Author Topic: Friday DaddyPlace Get Fit 2009 Blast Off Check In Thread!  (Read 13485 times)

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Nevada Dads do it with Kleenex and Lotion
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 52
  • Submariners Do It Deeper
  • Children?: One (17yo) Son - Jeremy
  • First Name?: John
  • Xbox Gamertag: SubVet688
Friday DaddyPlace Get Fit 2009 Blast Off Check In Thread!
« on: January 03, 2009, 07:01:46 AM »
I fell down on the Job for 2008. Who is interested in doing this for 2009? Post here and let us know!

I owe some guys some medals. I realize that they did not continue to post in December, but that is my fault for falling down on the job, so congrats to rcpilot and z_randy for five consecutive weeks their medals will be upgraded to Blue! plano_tony for three consecutive weeks his medal will be upgraded to green! You guys did AWESOME!!!

Note: Those that have medals will keep them for two weeks and then go back to black, unless they continue this year! I just mention this because we are all getting used to this.

If you want to go for 2009 check in here. No workouts necessary this last week, just check in and lest us know your a go for the first week of 2009 and beyond!

I'M IN!! Come Join Me!

NOTE: For the new guys and as a reminder the rules are in the following thread. 
DaddyPlace DOODS Get Fit Group
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 12:09:44 AM by Ramblin' Dad »

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • First Name?: Keith
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
Re: Friday DaddyPlace Get Fit 2009 Blast Off Check In Thread!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 09:16:30 AM »
count me in on this... i just need to read the old posts yet, and see what is expected of me...   is this to lower BMI, or just workout, or both... i only ask because my BMI is right on target

Offline Bigred

• Violating the Princess Bride since 1987
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 10:06:02 AM »
Hey count me in.  I started working out, a couple of days a week, in the begining of December, and planned on ramping it up to 5 days a week start of the new year.

Not sure what exactly this entails, looks like just listing weight and workout schedule for the week?

Offline runthrubland

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 10:54:50 AM »
Count me in a let this slide last year, and need to get back into shape

Offline plano tony

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 4
  • If it were that easy, everybody would be doing it
  • Children?: 3
  • First Name?: Tony
  • Xbox Gamertag: plano tony
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 01:05:29 PM »
Since I made it through the holidays by not gaining a pound, I'm still in :)

I'll do this, though I am more interested in my pant size than my scale size ... FYI, this is down from a 46 waist to a 38 since "The Event".
If nobody is going to bleed to death within the next 12 seconds, calm down there, Cowboy.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 04:23:02 PM »
I'm in

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 09:55:15 PM »
Welcome everyone!

It's simple. The requirement is working out or for some of us moving more than before. If all you do is one day a week, then that's cool as long as it is more than before and done for your health.

We will also track weight loss for those that want to. We will also track millage for those that want (if you only track steps post those. I have program that will convert steps to miles. It's not super acurate, but it will be close).

For the medals you just have to work out for your health.

There will be a running tally for 2009 that tracks; Days Worked out, Weight lost, and distance covered.

The days worked out will be total between us all. We can see how many years we can accumulate amongst us for the year of workouts.

The weight lost will be totaled up and accumulated. We'll see how much we lose. How many sticks of butter it equals, or some other object.

The distance deal is pretty cool, because it will add all of our distances together. If this is popular amongst us I will put a U.S. Map up and we can see if we can make it across the U.S. in one year between all of us that add distance.

For those of you who do not have the black medals in your sig. Go to the "DaddyPlace DOODS Getting Fit Group!" Thread and get the code NOW!  ~o)

Offline BigCöx

• Well, I'm just this guy, you know?
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 4
  • Sloan's Daddy - 12/17/07
    • BC on FB
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Matt
  • Xbox Gamertag: c0dek
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 10:45:23 PM »
I signed up the first time but never really got into an organized program (though chasing my newly-walking daughter around should count for something, LOL) but in the week before Christmas, I got into a program with some of my co-workers, walking several times a week - first day I did it we went for 5 miles, and then Christmas break hit and it's a school, so we're going to get back into it next week, so count me in again

Offline Bigred

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 09:57:30 AM »
For those of you who do not have the black medals in your sig. Go to the "DaddyPlace DOODS Getting Fit Group!" Thread and get the code NOW! 

Not sure if this is right but i go there and see where the code should be but all I see is a horizontal sliding bar, no text.

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 10:15:49 AM »
For those of you who do not have the black medals in your sig. Go to the "DaddyPlace DOODS Getting Fit Group!" Thread and get the code NOW! 

Not sure if this is right but i go there and see where the code should be but all I see is a horizontal sliding bar, no text.

Hopefully you can see the code in the box bellow. If not I can put it in your sig for you.

Code: [Select]
[url=http://www.daddyplace.com/index.php/topic,9776.new.html#new][img]http://www.daddyplace.com/photogallery/albums/userpics/10056/BlackMedal7.gif[/img][/url]

Offline Bigred

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 02:00:02 PM »
Nope, no code, only a horizontal slide bar.  I can slide it left and right but there is no text box showing the code.  I've never seen this before its kind of odd.

Offline Bigred

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 02:02:55 PM »
Hang on now I see it.  I had to make the screen full window size, and close the favorites bar on the right, but now I see it.  Odd

Offline colesdad

• Mick Foley is my favorite UFC downloadable character.
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 02:06:56 PM »
Count me in. I will just need to read the old posts as well to see what I need tro do.

[img width= height= alt=]http://bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/detail5/360/SoonerProud.png[/img]

Offline Jim

• NOTHING GREATER THAN A GATOR!!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • DP. Best damn site ever.
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2009, 05:03:17 PM »
Well the wife went back to Weight Watchers and things are gonna change around here (which is good) so I guess i'm in on this since I need to and will be losing weight.

Offline Jim

• NOTHING GREATER THAN A GATOR!!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • DP. Best damn site ever.
    • Myspace
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2009, 05:18:47 PM »
I will also add that I am starting off the year @ 250 lbs and comfortably wearing a size 42. I have several pair of 40s in my closet and WOULD love to get back into the 30s. I have also done those "Perfect weight" calculators and must say that i DO NOT agree with it's answer. I think 175 is nice but I would be happy dropping the 50 to hit 200.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution