Author Topic: Anything goes thread  (Read 77573 times)

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
Anything goes thread
« on: August 30, 2006, 09:08:25 PM »
Ok all.   Here is the anything goes thread.   Post what you want, when you want.    Random thoughts...     

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Mitch
Re: Anything goes thread
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 09:11:25 PM »
Some temp worker MF'er cut out at lunchtime today and left with his backpack looking suspiciously larger than when he arrived in the morning.  If he was going to steal from me, couldn't he have given me at least an 8 hour day before doing so?!  Damn, what's this world coming to?

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Nevada Dads do it with Kleenex and Lotion
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 52
  • Submariners Do It Deeper
  • Children?: One (17yo) Son - Jeremy
  • First Name?: John
  • Xbox Gamertag: SubVet688
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 01:22:27 AM »
Work ethic today is so lacking :down: If is were gonna steal from ya I would at least work two full days.... of course the first day would be the casing day and the second the clean out day. :biggrin:

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Nevada Dads do it with Kleenex and Lotion
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 52
  • Submariners Do It Deeper
  • Children?: One (17yo) Son - Jeremy
  • First Name?: John
  • Xbox Gamertag: SubVet688
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 01:27:40 AM »
Originally posted in my blog Thursday, June 22, 2006

PROFUNDITY
Category: Writing and Poetry

Sitting here at work during my lunch break I felt this overwhelming desire to write something profound (the bull shit bug bit me). So what profundity do I have to share with any and all? PROFUNDITY.

I pulled the word profundity from the nether regions of my brain. Yes I know I need to clean back there more often. I was pretty sure of the definition, but decided to look it up anyway.  :geek:

profundity

NOUN:
pl. profundities

1. Great depth.
   2. Depth of intellect, feeling, or meaning.
   3. Something profound or abstruse.

It's not used too often, at least not in my circles. Of course in my circles great depth is considered a place to fish; Intellect is one of them computer companies; feeling is what you do in the dark to find your beer; and abstruse is one of them exercise machines used to tighten the belly.

I am now done waisting your time with useless drivel. This has been more of an anti-profundity for three reasons.

1. It was pretty shallow.
   2. Intellect was lost, feeling was numb, and meaning was absent.
   3. It was something superficial or exoteric.

Or has it really been a profundity? I guess it depends on if you can belch your ABC's.   ~o)

Captain Tuttle

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 06:30:44 AM »
$17,000 traffic ticket.  This happened near my house and very close to where I used to work. 
http://www.nbc10.com/news/9756769/detail.html

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Mitch
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 06:35:49 AM »
That's an insane ticket.   Not capping the fine is disgusting and should be rescinded.

Captain Tuttle

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 06:57:19 AM »
In court it will probably be reduced.  As a professional truck driver, however, he should have known not to go over that bridge, even if it wasn't clearly marked.  I used to manage 25 truck drivers and it's never their fault.  If he had just called the police and asked for help, they probably would have let him go.  He tried to get away with it and got caught.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 12:05:44 PM by Captain Tuttle »

Captain Tuttle

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 06:14:04 PM »
BTW, the BEST M*A*S*H episode ever is on the Hallmark channel right now(eastern time).  It may even be the best 1/2 hour of television ever created.  Catch it while you can!! 

Ahh well!  It's over!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 07:21:18 PM by Captain Tuttle »

Jackthepumpkinking

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 08:24:44 AM »
I had a hectic day at work yesterday with only half staff.  It wasn't a bad day, just busy.  Then at the end of the friggin night, this lazy eyed, slow talking Roseanne wannabe comes in and proceeds to bug the shit out of me.  I really don't care to hear the same story and inventtory of your home furnishings at 8:55 PM over and over and over again.  If you are interested in something, I'll be glad to help.  If you want to talk, call your girlfriend or your therapist.  Just get out of my damn store!  I work on commission, I don't get paid to listen to your boring f'ing home you lazy tongued wag.

Words of wisdom:  It is ok to hate your customers.

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 09:27:07 AM »
I had a hectic day at work yesterday with only half staff.  It wasn't a bad day, just busy.  Then at the end of the friggin night, this lazy eyed, slow talking Roseanne wannabe comes in and proceeds to bug the shit out of me.  I really don't care to hear the same story and inventtory of your home furnishings at 8:55 PM over and over and over again.  If you are interested in something, I'll be glad to help.  If you want to talk, call your girlfriend or your therapist.  Just get out of my damn store!  I work on commission, I don't get paid to listen to your boring f'ing home you lazy tongued wag.

Words of wisdom:  It is ok to hate your customers.

Maybe we need to make a "Get it out of your system" thread for when your mad and just want to get it all out..    I really think I like that idea.

New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Captain Tuttle

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 09:35:22 AM »
"The Vent Thread"

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 10:43:28 AM »
The weather sure has changed around here..   Went from being in the 90's for 40+ days and no rain to 70's and raining everyday..   Gotta love season changes.

Captain Tuttle

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 12:05:00 PM »
I love the fall

Jackthepumpkinking

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2006, 08:02:06 AM »
Autumn is my favorite time of the year.  Last year we went to Massanutten resort in early October.  The weather was perfect and the leaves were juuuuuust changing color.  We took a couple drives on Skyline Drive and saw a few sights.  It is absolutely gorgeous out there!
I like the cooler weather we have been having.  It is supposed to hit 80 again for the next week, which isn't bad really.  80 isn't too hot.

Anybody see Hurricane Florence yet?  Yay, it is headed my way (so far).  I wish it would wait one more week so I can get the fascia and flashing repaired on my house before more flooding rains hit here!

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2006, 08:15:43 AM »
Where do you live again?     It sure has felt good here.   I know it will warm back up, but it's nice while it lasts.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution