Author Topic: Lucky or what??  (Read 884 times)

Offline Jim

• NOTHING GREATER THAN A GATOR!!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • DP. Best damn site ever.
    • Myspace
Lucky or what??
« on: January 28, 2009, 01:57:59 AM »
Steelers’ McHugh catches break

TAMPA, Fla. – Sean McHugh had just bought his family’s first house in suburban Detroit.

He’d just found out his wife, Ashlee, was pregnant with their second child, a daughter to go along with their then-18-month-son, Jack – though the excitement was tempered due to some early complications with the pregnancy.

The good news was McHugh had just survived final cut day with the Detroit Lions, meaning he was all but assured another year in professional football. He hoped to start at fullback and would play for the league minimum – about $520,000 for his experience level.

But just before the first practice in September, he was summoned to the office of team president Matt Millen. He knew the drill.

“When they come get you and Matt wants to talk to you, it’s never a good thing,” McHugh said. “You just have a sinking feeling. You walk through the locker room, up a flight of stairs and you just think, ‘What the heck is going on?’ ”

What was going on was that he got cut, fired, laid off by Detroit. The team had signed someone else and to make room, McHugh was out.

Just like that, Sean McHugh was deemed not good enough to play for the lowly Lions, who would go winless – the first 0-16 season in league history.

If you’re not good enough to play for the worst team ever, who exactly are you good enough to play for?

“What are we going to do?” he thought.

How about play in the Super Bowl?

Within days of Detroit cutting him, he unexpectedly signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Four months later he finds himself here preparing for a shot at an NFL championship against the Arizona Cardinals.

Cut by the worst team, McHugh may wind up part of the best.

REST OF THE STORY HERE!!!

Just too funny. Think they can hear him laughing at them in Detroit?

Offline Pat

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 12
  • Hockey's back :)
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Pat
  • Xbox Gamertag: ragingpdm
Re: Lucky or what??
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 07:59:22 AM »
I know I would...publicly too.  :laugh2:

Offline Bill

• I beat blue ballz
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
Re: Lucky or what??
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 08:10:39 AM »
I wouldn't call it luck.  I would say it is just one more thing to prove just how badly managed the Lions are. 

The only good news that comes from this is that next winter there are likely to be more people in Red Wings seats than in Lions seats.....

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution