Author Topic: The song reminds me of....  (Read 4236 times)

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
The song reminds me of....
« on: May 06, 2009, 09:45:43 AM »
Fro and I were talking about songs and what they reminded us of.  How some songs, though we liked them we can not listen to now because they remind us of something, or someone..
Or what song reminds you of a good time in your life.
Let us know what they are and who/what they remind you of and if it's a good one or a bad one. Oh and post a video of the song if you can find it.

My first is Ozzy Bark at the Moon.  Was listening to it blasting in my Mustang coming back from a party with a friend of mine when I was pulled over and given a drunk driving test.  I passed and was allowed to drive home.

[yt=425,350]ZxWSdcKvVAw[/yt]

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline BobChase

• Welcome my son. Welcome to the machine.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels
    • 358 Fitness
  • First Name?: Bob
  • Xbox Gamertag: TheBigCieez
Re: The song reminds me of....
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 10:19:52 AM »
Great thread idea!

Every time I hear this song I think of the summer evenings when I was a kid being in the car with my family going to watch my dad play softball.

Things were so much simpler when you were 7. :sigh:

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Don't Panic!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 10:32:54 AM »
Kansas Dust in the wind always reminds me of a rainy day when I was like 9 sitting in the kitchen building a model
[yt=425,350]koBWtYVRf-0[/yt]

Offline BobChase

• Big Daddy Hero
    • 358 Fitness
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 11:04:38 AM »
I was a freshman in high school and I was about to get stoned for the first time. Me and a friend were working our after school job. My friend mentioned he had some killer weed and the new cassette of some band called Metallica. We smoked up, got baked and he put on the tape and this song was first. I remember thinking "WHOA! this is the greatest band I've ever heard" then I blacked out and came to somewhere in the middle of Fade To Black (see the irony?).

I'll never forget that day. The sheer impact of hearing Metallica for the first time forever changed me.

Offline BobChase

• Big Daddy Hero
    • 358 Fitness
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 11:50:13 AM »
This one will always remind me of my daughter. If for no other reason than I must have listened to it at least 1 million times while editing this video:

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Don't Panic!
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 11:58:59 AM »
Bob that was awesome.  Great job!

Offline Scott H.

• C'mon Boys, we need #6!!!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • And then there were 5
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 04:46:34 PM »
This song came out right around the time we found out Jaime was pregnant with Nik. I tear up every time I hear it cause this is me and Nik.

http://www.youtube.com/v/oqYUns2YQik
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 05:26:45 PM by Frobozz »

People who think they know it all really annoy those of us that do.

Offline joey791

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 06:11:46 PM »
Needs no explanation B)

[yt=425,350]tkJNyQfAprY[/yt]

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • First Name?: Mitch
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 07:51:08 PM »
Needs no explanation B)

You were a strung out rock star alone in a hotel room pondering suicidal and fascist thoughts?

Do you still speak with Vera Lynn?

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Don't Panic!
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 08:42:45 PM »
Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd - Used to listen to this on my way to class in college before tests.  Got me pumped up and was the perfect length for my walk from my dorm to my class
[yt=425,350]CkTQUtx818w[/yt]

Offline dscottnmel

• If I had a million dollars I'd buy me some nice mom jeans.
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 09:07:18 PM »
That Metallica thing reminded me of 1984 or 85 when they came ot Houston at a plce called Cardi's on Westheimer, open act was Armored Saint, we were 15 or 16 and these guys were sharing their Heinekens with us and playing pinball, there was probably 40 or 50 of us there to start, eventually the place packed up, but we got to hang with both bands for a while before the "show" went down. I got to meet and see Cliff play live. I will never forget it. Bob, do you remember if that was a Megaforec cassette or an Elektra cassette?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 09:13:57 PM by dscottnmel »

Offline BobChase

• Big Daddy Hero
    • 358 Fitness
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 06:00:32 AM »
That Metallica thing reminded me of 1984 or 85 when they came ot Houston at a plce called Cardi's on Westheimer, open act was Armored Saint, we were 15 or 16 and these guys were sharing their Heinekens with us and playing pinball, there was probably 40 or 50 of us there to start, eventually the place packed up, but we got to hang with both bands for a while before the "show" went down. I got to meet and see Cliff play live. I will never forget it. Bob, do you remember if that was a Megaforec cassette or an Elektra cassette?

I could only imagine how cool it must have been to see those guy's in a small club, and with Cliff nonetheless. :up:

I honestly don't remember the cassette label. But I'm almost positive they were strictly Megaforce until Master of Puppets.

Offline dscottnmel

• If I had a million dollars I'd buy me some nice mom jeans.
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 06:12:20 AM »
There were some Rides that were made by elektra label

Offline joey791

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 06:32:42 PM »
Needs no explanation B)

You were a strung out rock star alone in a hotel room pondering suicidal and fascist thoughts?

Do you still speak with Vera Lynn?

LOL

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • First Name?: Mitch
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 08:23:12 PM »
Ok, so many songs with good and bad memories come to mind for this thread.  So let's start with the bad.  Harken back to the late 80s and it seems that the singer Basia seem to draw psychotic women into my life.  First off was a girl in college who was a good friend and at the same time a bipolar tease.   You've probably seen her before, just look in your dictionary under "Drama Queen" and there should be a picture of her.  Anyway, she studied abroad in Europe prior to me meeting her and she came back with a tape by a group called Matt Bianco.  The singer was the yet unknown Basia and the music was passable, Euro-garbage.   This one reminds me of her and I can't really stomach listening to it anymore because it brings up a lot of anger.

Then flash forward 2 years to a job I had doing programming.   By then Basia had launched a successful solo career and her second album had been released.  One day the boss' admin assistant (about 20 years old) comes into my office crying, blabbering something about being fired, can't give details....etc... Whatever.  Wants me to call her to talk about things.  Ok, I do that.   So a day or few later we set up a date.   In the meantime, I find out from a friend/coworker that the boss knocked her up and she got an abortion.  The company paid her off to leave instead of firing him, since they needed him a lot more.   So my date consists of dinner, movie, drinks.  She spends the night trashing my boss, the company, others.  Gives me private info on executives of the company of stuff that I didn't need to know and didn't want to know.  Somewhere along the way I was "done" with her and no longer had any interest in her.   By the end of the night she figured in her deranged little head that my obvious lack of sexual interest in her must mean that I'm gay and she openly asked me if I was.  What a piece of work this one was.   I really wanted to answer "No, I'm not gay, I just don't like to sh!t where I eat.".     Anyway at the time this all happened this nutjob was a big Basia fan and whenever I hear this come on the radio, I immediately change it faster than the reflex you have when hear a spanish station while going up and down the dial.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 08:30:00 PM by Frobozz »

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution