Author Topic: New features - July 2009  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Mitch
New features - July 2009
« on: July 12, 2009, 11:22:13 PM »
Ok, we have updated the site for  some backend stuff and that now allows up to move forward in enhancing the stuff that you see. 

Tonight I have added a few new mods that you should be aware of:

1 - The old inline picture attachment feature (there was a drop-down box right below the font color bar) is gone.  It's not compatible with the new version of the site's software.  So instead I have added a different package that does a similar job.    Next to the browse button for attachments, you will see "[Insert Attachment #]".  Pressing this button will insert that attached file (really only works for images) into the body of your post wherever the cursor is blinking.
The downside to this is that all of our old posts which used the previous inline picture mod, now won't know to put the picture in the post.  So those old mods will show the photos at the end of the post like regular attachments.  Sorry about that inconvenience.

2 - Drafts:  Next to the "post" and "preview" buttons when you're writing a message, you'll see as "save as draft" button.  Pressing this button will save your post in draft status for you to go back later and finish it up.  No one will be able to see your drafts until you actually post them.  To review the messages you have in draft status, go into your profile and in the left-hand bar you'll see "Show drafts", clicking that will allow you to select a draft to modify or delete.

More site mods will be coming in the upcoming days.  If you encounter any problems with the site, please let us know.

Offline vegaskiller73

• Too good to be caught around Damian and Joey
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Re: New features - July 2009
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 08:55:33 AM »
Fro, can you check into the "Mark all as Read" command. If you click it, it goes to the next window, but when I click "view all unread messages" all the ones that were to be marked as read return along with new unread messages. I noticed the check boxes are gone. Maybe that is the issue. This all happens when clicking "New Posts" under user stats.

Offline Adrian's Dad

• Cinema
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Cody
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 09:55:51 AM »
Are sticky topics still active?  If they are, I assume they just don't have the black background anymore.

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 11:16:50 AM »
Are sticky topics still active?  If they are, I assume they just don't have the black background anymore.

That's correct.  We are having some visual issues with our custom theme.  We're working to get them resolved.

Fro, can you check into the "Mark all as Read" command. If you click it, it goes to the next window, but when I click "view all unread messages" all the ones that were to be marked as read return along with new unread messages. I noticed the check boxes are gone. Maybe that is the issue. This all happens when clicking "New Posts" under user stats.

I'll take a look at that later. Thanks for pointing it out.

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 04:49:22 PM »

Chad, I tried to reproduce this error and it worked fine for me.   Can anyone else reproduce Chad's problem?

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 05:50:26 PM »
Vegas.   Is this what your talking about?  If so, we have always had that problem.

http://www.daddyplace.com/index.php/topic,1301.0.html

If not and your referring to the mark as read using the check marks.   That was a mod that we will be working on.

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline bradt32225

• Ask me about my hairy nipples
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 10:25:55 PM »

Chad, I tried to reproduce this error and it worked fine for me.   Can anyone else reproduce Chad's problem?

It does it to me as well.

bradt32225" border="0

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 11:26:12 PM »
Still miss the blackened sticky threads to make them stand out.  Can't distinguish them at all from regular posts.

Will we get back all the info that was to the right under our profile like "first name", "how many kids we have", "location", "Xbox gamertag".  Having that info readily available was the best and really opened up conversation and identify each other easily.  I'm really missing it, and others as well have asked me about it on LIVE.

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 06:35:50 AM »
yeah.   we will aftr.    I am working the next 4 days, but I have a lead on the sticky thread part of it.   Hopefully I will be able to do that soon.

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 07:40:53 AM »
Still miss the blackened sticky threads to make them stand out.  Can't distinguish them at all from regular posts.

Will we get back all the info that was to the right under our profile like "first name", "how many kids we have", "location", "Xbox gamertag".  Having that info readily available was the best and really opened up conversation and identify each other easily.  I'm really missing it, and others as well have asked me about it on LIVE.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get back to dealing with this stuff over the weekend. I have family in from out of town right now, so I'm not on the computer much this week.

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 09:35:39 AM »
very cool.  thanks.