Author Topic: New member  (Read 2321 times)

phisig03

« on: July 28, 2009, 07:00:42 PM »
Hi everyone.

I am a new member, my wife encouraged me to post on here because she has posted for years on mom boards.

I live near Orlando, FL in St. Cloud (any other SAHDs in the area?). I work from home writing a couple hours per day and I also take care of my beautiful three-year old daughter Kelsey and soon my newborn son, Logan, when my wife goes back to work after maternity leave.

I love spending time with my children, I got a job about a year ago and was crushed when I couldnt see my Kelsey after spending every day with her for a number of months. As it happened, the place I was working laid off everyone they had hired after two months when the economy took a dump so I was back with my girl (less income albeit).

I guess the biggest downside to being a SAHD is the lack of adult companionship throughout the day--you know the "water cooler" conversation.

Anyway, that's a little bit about me, I look forward to meeting some of you!

Offline Pat

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 12
  • Hockey's back :)
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Pat
  • Xbox Gamertag: ragingpdm
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 07:36:36 PM »
Welcome to DP. I don't live in FL but am a stay at home dad like yourself. You'll meet lots of good people on here and get lots of info from us as well. You made a good decision joining

Offline bradt32225

• Ask me about my hairy nipples
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 07:59:29 PM »
I am a part time SAHD. I say part time because the ex-wife has custody. I live in Fl but up in Jacksonville. Welcome to Daddyplace. You will make alot of new friends on here. I know I have.

bradt32225" border="0

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • First Name?: Keith
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 08:43:19 PM »
welcome to the site!

Offline Jessie

• Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 26
  • First Name?: JB
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 10:34:39 PM »
Welcome aboard!  ~o)

Offline dewman28

• I LOVE the Phoenix Suns! Especially Steve Nash. Boy would I like to get a piece of that!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 04:35:46 PM »
Im a SAHD of 2 girls 8 and 1 on the weekends I run a team of bouncers at a night club. Im brand new to this site and have little to no idea how posting works (this is my first attempt) I mostly joined to b able to find other dads to chat with and play xbox with. If anybody can help me out with some site navagation that would b sweet. THANK YOU

"Reflecting on my life I would rather wish I had made more money, rather than spending more time with my kids"-SAHD

Offline JacksDaddy

• The last time I saw Kobe was in Denver,CO and we all know what happened there.....Ouch
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
  • My baby girl
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Ryan
  • Xbox Gamertag: ChillSuperfly
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 10:09:27 PM »
I hear ya Matt.  I am all alone all day with my 8 month old son.  To say the least, I have to find things to do with him that also entertain me somewhat.  Lately I have been reading to him.  Of course, they are more teenager/adult books (Harry Potter, I've never read them) but nevertheless, I am not brainwashing him with tv and video games all day.  To say the least, its pretty hard work and regardless of what my wife says, I manage to give myself the feeling that what I am doing isn't enough. 
I want to make my wife proud of me and even more so, I want my boy to be proud of me and look up to me someday.  I did the college thing and I have a degree, but is that enough?
I'm looking into going back to school and hopefully making something of my life.  My wife is amazing and is even more amazing because she is able to support me and our son.  I look up to my wife because she has done so much with her life in the short 26 years and I have yet to really make a name for myself.  Hopefully one day.
Anyway, welcome to the site.  I have really been trying to get into this site lately after not really giving it a shot when I first signed up.  Just trying to meet people and maybe play some xbox with some adults.  It is definitely really good for that haha.

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 02:06:43 PM »
I hear ya Matt.  I am all alone all day with my 8 month old son.  To say the least, I have to find things to do with him that also entertain me somewhat.  Lately I have been reading to him.  Of course, they are more teenager/adult books (Harry Potter, I've never read them) but nevertheless, I am not brainwashing him with tv and video games all day. 

there was actually a little known survey done, that found out DADs who read more, will have kids who read more.  Something about a kid seeing their father read, instills this into them.  So that being said,  dads reading to kids is a good thing and will pay dividends in the future.

Offline JacksDaddy

• The last time I saw Kobe was in Denver,CO and we all know what happened there.....Ouch
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
  • My baby girl
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Ryan
  • Xbox Gamertag: ChillSuperfly
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 02:27:46 PM »
Thanks Keith.  Thats awesome to hear. 

It gives me a reason to turn off the tv and everything else that he doesn't need to be doing.

Now if only I can get rid of this computer.  Damn you daddyplace   :laugh2:

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • I'm back, again.
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 12:23:05 AM »
 :LMAO:

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution