Author Topic: diagnosed with ADD  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • First Name?: Keith
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
diagnosed with ADD
« on: August 14, 2009, 10:17:53 PM »
So, i have been on meds for a few weeks now for ADD, and i was wondering if anyone else has been diagnosed with it.  I have been having issues with some the med Concerta.  I guess i just wanted to start a thread about it, to see who has whatever advice for ADD

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
Re: diagnosed with ADD
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 10:55:48 PM »
Wow Keith I saw you wrote this on the get fit thread.  That explained the slower times you had.  I don't have any experience with this but please keep us updated on it

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Nevada Dads do it with Kleenex and Lotion
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 52
  • Submariners Do It Deeper
  • Children?: One (17yo) Son - Jeremy
  • First Name?: John
  • Xbox Gamertag: SubVet688
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 11:26:47 PM »
Sorry, I can't help you there. My son has ADHD and is on meds, which help A LOT. I've never been diagnosed, but suffer some of the symptoms and have for most of my life. I learned to cope with them and one day I hope Jeremy will be able to get off of the meds and be fine with the tools he learns from childhood.

Let us know how it goes with the meds and just the ADD in general. I know structure helps a lot. The more I organize the better off I am. The hard part is that ADD'rs are not the best organizers in the world, or I should say no one knows how to organize better, but it's applying it that's a bitch. I keep a calendar on my smart phone and a task list. If I can remember, or better yet if I am not distracted from puting stuff on both they get done.

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • First Name?: Keith
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 11:09:08 AM »
yeah, i have to put stuff on my calendar, and create lists also.  In addition, this is one of the reasons that it takes me so long to finish a book.  If there are ANY distractions around me, i can not concentrate.  Plus, i tend to really space out in conversations from time to time.  As far as the meds, i would have issues if i took them right before i went for a run (the meds increase pulse a little bit, then with the increase from running, i would have to stop... i believe that i have overcoem this interaction by taking meds after i am done running and what not... we shall see

Offline plano tony

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 4
  • If it were that easy, everybody would be doing it
  • Children?: 3
  • First Name?: Tony
  • Xbox Gamertag: plano tony
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 04:12:49 PM »
I was diagnosed with ADD before it was called ADD ... LOL ...

Personally, I have found it to be quite advantageous in my chosen career.  In IT, crap changes DAILY, and that gives me something new to think about all the time.

Also, playing chess helps me a lot.  That was a suggestion from a dr. way back when.  Chess has TONS of things to think about all at once - and, that is an ADD wet dream.
If nobody is going to bleed to death within the next 12 seconds, calm down there, Cowboy.

Offline Pat

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 12
  • Hockey's back :)
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Pat
  • Xbox Gamertag: ragingpdm
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 07:00:00 PM »
Tony has recently been diagnosed with ADDWB, which is
Attention Duck Deterrence While Biking...Sorry Tony, I couldn't resist.

On a more serious note,  I can't be of any help but I hope you get the issues with meds worked out.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution