Author Topic: new topic starter  (Read 1797 times)

joseph1986

new topic starter
« on: August 28, 2009, 04:28:31 PM »
Hi I was just wondering if you guys could start a forum for men with pregnant wives specifically, and if you could do one specifically for the movie club?  Where anything goes, and guys can talk about pregnancies and ask for specific advice.  My wife is pregnant with our second kid, so it would be nice to post and ask questions there instead of in family talk. Because I noticed that people can't start their own in the forum.  Thanks - joseph -

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Mitch
Re: new topic starter
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 05:03:11 PM »
Where can't you start a topic?!?! You should be able to anywhere as long as you are logged into your account.  Let me know where you're having problems and I'll double-check the permissions.

In regards to starting new boards, we are all for starting boards that we feel will have a decent amount of activity.  I don't see the need to start one for the movie club, but I'm willing to listen to opposing points of view.  Also in regards to a board for men with pregnant wives, it seems to be a bit too specific.  We really don't want the board index to be a never ending list of very specific categories and at times we take measures to merge inactive categories into other existing boards.

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 05:42:30 PM »
While I don't believe we need another forum for the movies.   Making one for just dads with pregnant wivies isn't a bad idea.   If we could keep it active.      Could we keep it active?   You guys tell me.

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

joseph1986

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 06:26:54 PM »
Okay, I agree with the movie club idea, and I was wrong about the topic starters, I can do that, what I meant was a board.  Sorry, just a suggestion, but I believe that we could keep up with the pregnant wives one, mostly because women are getting pregnant all of the time, wanting to have kids, or planning it in the future with their husbands or boyfriends.  I feel that anyone planning a baby or awaiting a baby, or needing advice on having a baby or more, are welcome there.  Maybe it could be renamed as family planning and pregnant wives.  It is a little too specific, but it opens up the discussions about wanting to have kids, or conception problems, and ideas for guys to talk about their pregnant wives and what they're experiencing.  I know since my wife is in the first trimester, I could use some encouragement about my issues when it comes to how I feel when  she acts out due to hormones she can't control.  I also know that me and my wife have been religiously reading up on conception, pregnancies, childbirth, and more, so I could consider myself a small expert.  So I could head up the board, make new posts to keep it active, invite friends, or have my wife invite her pregnant  friends husbands to join dp and get involved in the board, or even if guys are thinking about having kids it could be helpful to get advice and help men decide if they should.  I know I went through a rollercoaster of wanting to or not, and eventually through talking it out, listening to different viewpoints, and thinking on things, I focused on all the positive and decided to do it.  I just saw the first ultrasound pics, and I don't ever think I could have made a better decision.  Also they can talk about paternity issues, like me and my wife faced with our first one.  I had to fill out a form called the paternity of affadavit just to prove that I was the dad and wanted my name on the birth certificate, because my i.d. was out of state and expired, and they wouldn't accept it.  So in closing, if men with pregnant wives is too specific, maybe we could name it family planning and pregnant wives.  That opens it up a lot, and it is a huge issue needing a lot of support.  And I would be willing to head it up if you guys would teach me how.  Just a though.  Post further if you agree with me or disagree.  Thanks for the support keith, we can keep it active.  - joseph -

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Nevada Dads do it with Kleenex and Lotion
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 52
  • Submariners Do It Deeper
  • Children?: One (17yo) Son - Jeremy
  • First Name?: John
  • Xbox Gamertag: SubVet688
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 07:08:20 PM »
Not a bad idea, maybe as a child board under Family Talk.

A name pops into mind. "Sex and Consequences" ~o)

j/k about the name. I can see it working though.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 08:28:09 PM »
Child board is a good idea.  Good idea Joseph

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

joseph1986

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 11:27:33 PM »
I like the name.  I think that the description should be:  A board for future dads, men who wanna be dads, and men with newcomer dad issues.  Maybe???

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • First Name?: Keith
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 08:04:26 AM »
i don't think that it is too bad an idea.  wort case, if it does not work we just merge it later... i don't think that it would hurt anything though.  And if we really wanted to, we open a poll up before it is set up, and we have the members vote on it and go from there...

we could actually spin it into a n ad on face book and what not, with a link to it, would drive more traffic to the site... something like

"are you thinking of becoming a dad, are gonna be a dad... then check out our site, we can give you all the information you need to better prepare you.  We are a site for dads, by dads"  and then have a link to the post, or to the site depending what permissions we have to it.  If we don't have a link directly to the post, then we have a link to the site, and on the home page we can have a small area devoted to that which leads to a sign up.
Great idea Joseph.