Author Topic: Borderlands  (Read 30140 times)

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Borderlands
« on: October 16, 2009, 12:13:27 AM »
Anyone else thinking of getting this one?  I cannot wait for it personally.  I love the cartoonish art direction and the fact that is a 4 player co-op, FPS/RPG orgy, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna love it.  And if I do, DLC has already been announced w/ zombies.  Hell F*** Yes!!!

2K Games today announced the first DLC package for Borderlands, Gearbox's open-world "role-playing shooter" due to hit the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on Tuesday. "The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned" is the DLC's title.

A 2K release describes the pack's story thusly:

Tasked with keeping the workers of Jakobs Cove alive, Dr. Ned (who is not related to Dr. Zed from Fyrestone) does his job a little too well, creating zombies and other abominations that now run rampant in this region. Players will have to work alongside Dr. Ned as they embark on a quest to cure the inhabitants of Jakobs Cove in this full-fledged expansion filled with new enemies, new quests and rare loot drops.

The same release said only that "The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned" is "planned for release later this year." Price will be $9.99 on PSN and for PC, 800 Microsoft points for the Xbox.

"The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned is in development at Gearbox Software and is the first in a series of downloadable expansions that will enhance the Borderlands mayhem in fun and exciting ways," says 2K.

Offline olden44

• I sh*t dust.
  • Big Daddy Hero
Re: Borderlands
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 09:11:34 AM »
There isnt much out there about this game but after talking to a co-worker that pre ordered it I am interested... From what he is telling me it seems like they took a lot of things from World of Warcrft to build the RPG and loot system aspects of the game and being a big fan of WoW I think I'll check it out. 

Do you know if there is a Multiplayer aspect of the game Aftr?
Olden44" border="0
Olden44" border="0

Offline Leukoi

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 09:34:06 AM »
The developers are promoting it as "Fallout 3 with co-op and multiplayer".  To me, that's not really a good thing.  As a developer, you should always promote your ideas as unique and extraordinary.  Fallout 3 was a GOTY, but it was strictly a single player, which is why it got GOTY; it worked for that game.  If they are basing their premise on the multiplayer and co-op aspect, and hoping to ride FO3's coattails for everything else, then I'm not holding my breath.  I'm going to wait for reviews and to find out what people say first.  If this is indeed FO3 with a go-zillion guns and co-op, then I'm not impressed.  We'll see soon enough. 

Offline Bigred

• Violating the Princess Bride since 1987
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 10:31:53 AM »
From what he is telling me it seems like they took a lot of things from World of Warcrft to build the RPG and loot system aspects of the game

Hmmm this has tweaked my interest. 

If anyone has any playing experience on the game I would be interested in hearing about it.

Offline Adrian's Dad

• Cinema
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Cody
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 10:35:45 AM »
It sounds like a futuristic Diablo which is just fine with me!

Jediboy

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 11:26:46 AM »
I might be getting this today, my local gamestop manager hasn't stopped talking about it...  Plus it's an RPG style which is a plus for me....

Offline bradt32225

• Ask me about my hairy nipples
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 02:49:20 PM »
I will be getting it from gamefly and cant wait to play it.

bradt32225" border="0

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 04:17:11 PM »
It comes out this Tuesday, and personally I think that was the one thing that FO3 lacked.  You experienced everything on your own.  Story wise, all you had to do was say that it was the central character's story, but instead of being this loner, he had a best friend, or 3 best friends, and when he rebelled, they rebelled w/ him.  Roaming the scavenged land of FO3 w/ 3 of my buds, flanking Super Mutants, and kicking a**.  Hell yes, where do I sign up please.  It's not FO3 though.  It has a different art direction and it's own unique story.  But it is a FPS shooter w/ RPG elements and I would agree that it is more closely modeled to FO3 than say Mass Effect.  OXM just gave it an 8.5.  I'm sold.
At any time while playing Borderlands, a player can melee another player to issue a challenge. When the melee is returned, a player vs. player "duel" starts.[5] Players can also travel to "arenas" located at various locations in the game world. These arenas are specifically made for competitive play, where players can face off in both Free-For-All styled games or team-based games.[6]

Throw down the gauntlet b****es!!  First one is a trailer, and the 2nd shows some gameplay.
[yt=425,350]fHApGManVio[/yt]
[yt=425,350]7CwOUJ7Xn9U[/yt]

Jediboy

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 05:21:24 PM »
Yeah, I meant Tuesday in my post...  Just got ahead of myself...  :)

Did stop in and get it pre-ordered though cause apparently it comes with some goodies if you pre order it

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 12:08:00 PM »
Check this one out for some good laughs.
[yt=425,350]BmUJrKGN3C0[/yt]

Offline PFof2

• "If at first you don't suceed, respawn and try again."
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • heh heh yeah!
    • Mike Richardson Photography
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 09:31:41 PM »
I'll be in line at my Gamestop Tuesday morning to pick up my paid for copy thank you. Wish they had a midnight release.. gotta wait an extra 10 hours to play it now.

Offline Bigred

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 09:52:27 PM »
I just watched the trailers for this, I think I'll be picking this up as well, looks like it could be very addictive.

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 10:26:36 AM »
I'll be in line at my Gamestop Tuesday morning to pick up my paid for copy thank you. Wish they had a midnight release.. gotta wait an extra 10 hours to play it now.

:LMAO:  I feel the same way.  Looks like a good bit of us will pick this up so I will always be up for some co-op.  If you want to do it sp alone, I totally understand, but if not, I will be sending out messages to see if you are interested in co-op when I see you on.   :BNB:

Offline Bigred

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 11:15:04 AM »
Damn 4 meetings next week, gonna be difficult to take off to play the game.  There may be some very late nights in my future.   

Hmmmmmm, Maybe my daughters school will close do to swine flu. 

Offline PFof2

• "If at first you don't suceed, respawn and try again."
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • heh heh yeah!
    • Mike Richardson Photography
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 03:37:18 PM »
bring on the co-op! might want to decide what kind of character ya wanna use first.. that way noone gets "stuck" with a character.. like Zoey in L4D.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution