Author Topic: What are your weekends like?  (Read 4215 times)

Offline dewman28

• I LOVE the Phoenix Suns! Especially Steve Nash. Boy would I like to get a piece of that!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
What are your weekends like?
« on: December 08, 2009, 10:13:56 PM »
Do you get up with your kids at night on the weekends also or does your wife/ gf give you u a break? Do they try and take over as much responsibility as they can or are the weekends there time off from there job and they want some relaxing time?

"Reflecting on my life I would rather wish I had made more money, rather than spending more time with my kids"-SAHD

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • First Name?: Keith
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
Re: What are your weekends like?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 10:22:27 PM »
let's see.  I wake up with my daughter on Saturday and Sundays, and pretty much try to spend some time with the kids, (not complaining at all though),along with get stuff done around the house.  Seems like there is never a break, whereas the wifey sleeps in and does less on the weekends since i am there.  Always buys, thus why i am not on Xbox Live much.

Offline plano tony

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 4
  • If it were that easy, everybody would be doing it
  • Children?: 3
  • First Name?: Tony
  • Xbox Gamertag: plano tony
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 11:30:20 PM »
My kids aren't young enough for me to worry about if a parent is up (4 and 9 at home) ... however, I do get up on Saturdays and perform the following (mostly without fail):

If I get up prior to 7am:
1) Run
2) Go get the family donuts

If I get up after 7am:
1) Go get the family donuts
2) Anything other than running
3) Run

On Sundays:

1) Get up at 5:30am
2) Go lead novice bike ride from running store
3) Church
4) Soccer - though, this is changing to during the week
5) Annoy the family by watching whatever is left of the football games
If nobody is going to bleed to death within the next 12 seconds, calm down there, Cowboy.

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Mitch
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 11:51:04 PM »
Same routine as the weekdays, except the kids don't have school and the wife makes her appearance in the a.m. much later than during the week. 

Offline dewman28

• I LOVE the Phoenix Suns! Especially Steve Nash. Boy would I like to get a piece of that!
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 12:05:46 AM »
My kids aren't young enough for me to worry about if a parent is up (4 and 9 at home) ... however, I do get up on Saturdays and perform the following (mostly without fail):

If I get up prior to 7am:
1) Run
2) Go get the family donuts

If I get up after 7am:
1) Go get the family donuts
2) Anything other than running
3) Run

On Sundays:

1) Get up at 5:30am
2) Go lead novice bike ride from running store
3) Church
4) Soccer - though, this is changing to during the week
5) Annoy the family by watching whatever is left of the football games

wow your a busy guy with all those activities. I think that its funny that you get doughnuts with having such a active lifestyle

"Reflecting on my life I would rather wish I had made more money, rather than spending more time with my kids"-SAHD

Offline dewman28

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 12:07:32 AM »
Same routine as the weekdays, except the kids don't have school and the wife makes her appearance in the a.m. much later than during the week. 

that's exactly how it is at my house as well

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • First Name?: Mitch
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 12:12:30 AM »

that's exactly how it is at my house as well

:no_teeth:

Offline Bigred

• Violating the Princess Bride since 1987
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 06:52:47 AM »
Saturday,

- Wake up between 5am or 7am depending on when I went to bed the night before and how much racket the dogs are making

- Let the dogs out, play with them a bit if its not too cold or raining outside

- Say good morning to daughter (5) who has been up since 4 or 5 am and is usually talking to grandma and grandpa on the phone or watching disney channel (She is far to smart for her age, we never showed her how to use the phone or the TV, we just woke up one day and she was talking on the phone and we thought it was cute, didn't realize she was actually talking to my inlaws which she had called)

- decide whether we have to go out shopping or are staying in, If we go out we eat out and do shopping, if we stay in we make breakfast

- Do work around the house or outside if it needs to be done, go to the park, take a bike ride, teach daughter how to ride bike, play with dogs, etc...

- play games with wife and daughter or watch movies

- Dinner while watching recorded shows from the previous week

- more games and movies

- after 9pm, game time or movie time alone for me and wife or just me, then bed at some point, usually around 11pm

Sunday repeat everything above and get done what didn't get done on Saturday, Only thing that changes is that I clean the kitchen and Wife does the laundry.  In bed by 7 or 8 pm.

Offline plano tony

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 4
  • If it were that easy, everybody would be doing it
  • Children?: 3
  • First Name?: Tony
  • Xbox Gamertag: plano tony
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 10:45:22 AM »
Dew ... i get the FAMILY donuts ... LOL .... I wish I could eat them like candy, but I can't ...
If nobody is going to bleed to death within the next 12 seconds, calm down there, Cowboy.

Offline Adrian's Dad

• Cinema
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Cody
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 11:17:16 AM »
I usually let my wife sleep in and get up with my son in the morning.  He usually wakes up around 7.  I'll go make some breakfast while Adrian finds and puts in an Elmo DVD (he's almost 15 months and he can already turn on the TV, the receiver and the Playstation and pick out a DVD from his DVD binder and put it in the PS3 to watch).  I'll feed him eggs or whatever I made and we'll finish watching Elmo.  Then we'll play for awhile until my wife wakes up and then we just play throughout the day.  I usually relax at nights after he goes to bed and play games or watch movies so I don't really take a break on weekends.

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • First Name?: Keith
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 12:12:50 PM »
Dew ... i get the FAMILY donuts ... LOL .... I wish I could eat them like candy, but I can't ...

I would be doing this also, if I had a dunkin donuts around us but no dice... I think the closest. Is about an hour away

Offline JacksDaddy

• The last time I saw Kobe was in Denver,CO and we all know what happened there.....Ouch
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
  • My baby girl
  • First Name?: Ryan
  • Xbox Gamertag: ChillSuperfly
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 12:24:33 PM »
Let mse see...

Weekdays wife sets alarm for 6, snoozes for an hour (which is AWESOME!!!    :down:) and then gets up around 715.
If I am lucky, Jackson will wake up around 8 but lately since he has been sleeping through the night for the most part  :righton: my wife tends to wake him up when she is getting ready  :down:
If Jackson does wake up in the middle of the night, he gets nursed back to sleep.  If he just got nursed like an hour ago and woke up again, then I would handle the getting him back to sleep duties.  And then I obviously get up with him whenever he wakes up and do everything else, like laundry, dishes, etc...

Weekends are about the same except no work.  Brittany will still get up in the middle of the night if he needs nursed, but if he just needs comforted then I will do that (which has kept me up for a few hours sometimes lol).  I remember last weekend I was up til 2 playing MW2 and then right as I hit the sheets Jackson wakes up even though he had just woken up not too long before that, so instead of going to sleep, I have to stay up another hour.  It wasn't fun lol, but I guess thats what I get.  Now back to topic...
I will generally get up with Jackson in the mornings and let Britt sleep in.  Sometimes she will let me sleep in which I love, but that is usually only when she is having trouble sleeping.  We are still getting used to him sleeping through the night, or most of it at least, so when he doesn't wake up for several hours, she gets worried and can't sleep.  Other than that, not too complicated.

Offline jmack

• Will draw for food
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • pixelmack.com
    • Visual & Creative Studio
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 03:42:09 PM »
i get to sleep in till 8, then i make bfast for the family. then i usually go on an adventure in the day with them and work from 2-5pm. then i help put J to bed, and have some time with my wife. no break, but i don't want one!

Offline dewman28

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 06:17:41 PM »

I was thinking that a few doughnuts would wipe out all the hard exercise that you were doing. If I decided to get the family doughnuts half of them would be gone by the time i got them home. I have what some mite say a sweet tooth  :no_teeth:

Offline dewman28

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2009, 06:24:58 PM »
So it sounds like the SAHDs get a few hours off but never a day off. I don't mean a whole day away from the kids just some time where the wife/gf takes more of the responsibility's away from us that we have all week long. I'm kind of glad to hear that I'm not the only 1 that doesn't get to sleep in I don't feel so perturbed anymore

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution