Author Topic: we have a ferret now  (Read 2038 times)

Crucial Chase

we have a ferret now
« on: December 17, 2009, 08:43:44 PM »
amber got aiden a ferret. I didn't think i would like it but i do lol, its behaves like a cat and a puppy mixed, but mostly a cat. his name is tom, tom waits. lol yes after the eccentric jazz singer.

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Mitch
Re: we have a ferret now
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 09:21:18 PM »
I've had 3 in past years.  Liked them aside from "the odor".   If you have any questions about it's care or want any tips feel free to shoot me a message.   

Crucial Chase

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 09:37:05 PM »
I've had 3 in past years.  Liked them aside from "the odor".   If you have any questions about it's care or want any tips feel free to shoot me a message.   

ours is descented plus he has a "babyfresh" spray and shampoo lol

Offline plano tony

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 4
  • If it were that easy, everybody would be doing it
  • Children?: 3
  • First Name?: Tony
  • Xbox Gamertag: plano tony
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 10:00:29 PM »
I've had numerous ferrets over a some-odd 10-15 year period.  The little things are quite likeable, as long as you got one which is descented, and doesn't bite (other than playing).

The one I liked most was called "Rookie".  He was white with red eyes ... he liked to latch onto my finger with his teeth and be swung around ... I don't know why, but it was apparently fun for him.
If nobody is going to bleed to death within the next 12 seconds, calm down there, Cowboy.

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Mitch
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 10:40:44 PM »
Yeah, they're all descented if they came from a major breeder.  If it's a Marshall ferret, it will have dot tattoos on it's ears indicating that it's been descented and neutered/spayed.  The other major breeder, Path Valley, does not mark the animals, but they do descent and neuter/spay as well.

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 08:06:02 AM »
My sister had one and it was funny.  Named Vicious.  I remember it attacking the Christmas ornaments b/c it could see itself in it.  Hilarious.  Until it would find a corner, raise it's tail, and back into it.  You can just hear that loud "beep, beep" like a dump truck backing up to drop it's load.  Damn things can never be potty trained.

Crucial Chase

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 08:49:37 AM »
ours is white with red eyes and is from Marshall farms. he hasn't shown any hostility at all except for just playing of course...don't go around him with socks on...he'll take them off for sure loves the things!! lol at least they don't do it in the middle of the floor.

Offline vegaskiller73

• Too good to be caught around Damian and Joey
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 09:12:09 AM »
I always wanted on but never got one. The other day heading to work I almost hit one crossing the road. Darn thing walked out into a 4 lane hwy. Sniffing around in my lane and really didn't want to move. I came to a complete stop waiting for him to move. I don't know if he escaped or was wild. Was pretty big though about 20" head to tail.

Crucial Chase

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 09:31:21 AM »
I always wanted on but never got one. The other day heading to work I almost hit one crossing the road. Darn thing walked out into a 4 lane hwy. Sniffing around in my lane and really didn't want to move. I came to a complete stop waiting for him to move. I don't know if he escaped or was wild. Was pretty big though about 20" head to tail.
wow yeah they sure do like to explore with no fear lol that fearless sniffer

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution