Author Topic: Any Vonnegut Fans?  (Read 1607 times)

Crucial Chase

Any Vonnegut Fans?
« on: December 17, 2009, 08:59:48 PM »
RIP the man...i wish I met him...i was so sad that when he died. his works will make minds churn for years and years and years and years.

favorite is sirens of titan, yours?

Bee

Re: Any Vonnegut Fans?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 08:20:52 AM »
Yes I love Sirens of Titan which greatly influenced Watchmen. My wife accused that long running boring tv series 'Heroes' of ripping off 'Watchmen'. When I told her Watchmen itself is (I wont say ripped off but 'inspired' ;)) from 'Sirens' she immediately read it and loved it.

I also like Slaughterhouse 5 inspired from his WW2 experiences.

Crucial Chase

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 08:44:40 AM »
Yes I love Sirens of Titan which greatly influenced Watchmen. My wife accused that long running boring tv series 'Heroes' of ripping off 'Watchmen'. When I told her Watchmen itself is (I wont say ripped off but 'inspired' ;)) from 'Sirens' she immediately read it and loved it.

I also like Slaughterhouse 5 inspired from his WW2 experiences.

wow i didn't know that i may have to read watchmen after all! yes slaughter house 5 is great and so existential.

Offline Darkorical

• Daddy Jr.
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 12:50:34 AM »
I liked cats cradle and most all of his short stories that I have read

Mini Man

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 12:00:27 PM »
I prefer his short fiction, but Slaughterhouse Five is probably my favorite novel of his.

Offline davebrubek

• I have VGADD. I know that sounds painful, but once I get the SITP out I will no longer FUBAR my XB360. Although KISS has helped people like Dew in the past.
  • Daddy
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 02:56:04 PM »
I know it has been awhile since anyone has posted here but i thought i would add that two of my favorites that were not mentioned above are Jailbird and Mother Night. If you haven't read them yet i would recommend it.

Offline JacksDaddy

• The last time I saw Kobe was in Denver,CO and we all know what happened there.....Ouch
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
  • My baby girl
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Ryan
  • Xbox Gamertag: ChillSuperfly
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 04:09:53 PM »
I also loved Slaughterhouse 5.  Did a high school book report on it, not really knowing what I was getting myself into.  Never heard of him until then.  I've read others, but none have captured my eye like S5

Crucial Chase

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 05:22:19 PM »
I also loved Slaughterhouse 5.  Did a high school book report on it, not really knowing what I was getting myself into.  Never heard of him until then.  I've read others, but none have captured my eye like S5

s5 is great. but my fav is still sirens, cats cradle is a close second.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution