Author Topic: 2nd Baby and 18 month old situation  (Read 3564 times)

Ronins_Daddy

2nd Baby and 18 month old situation
« on: December 28, 2009, 11:24:52 AM »
Ok so my wife and I are expecting our second child and was wondering to all you dads how much more will the issue be when it arrives and getting my son who will be a lil over two when it arrives to adjust? Also he has not still many words though he gabs and we speak to him frequently any suggestions?

Offline Bill

• I beat blue ballz
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
Re: 2nd Baby and 18 month old situation
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 11:32:19 AM »
It's hard to say exactly how your 2 year old will react.  Your life is going to become very busy though.  I know that much.  It's a lot of fun and.  I know that our 2 year old looked at our newborn like "Okay when's he going back?"

It is best to try to keep them involved as much as possible.  Bringing diapers and things like that that make them feel important or handing the bottle to the 2 yr old to take to the person feeding the baby.  Involvement is key..  IF baby and everything involved with the baby becomes a "No!" factor, expect many troubles.  Teach your 2 yr old how to play with the baby...  peek-a-boo and things like that will keep them both entertained for long periods of time.

Ronins_Daddy

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 11:35:36 AM »
It's hard to say exactly how your 2 year old will react.  Your life is going to become very busy though.  I know that much.  It's a lot of fun and.  I know that our 2 year old looked at our newborn like "Okay when's he going back?"

It is best to try to keep them involved as much as possible.  Bringing diapers and things like that that make them feel important or handing the bottle to the 2 yr old to take to the person feeding the baby.  Involvement is key..  IF baby and everything involved with the baby becomes a "No!" factor, expect many troubles.  Teach your 2 yr old how to play with the baby...  peek-a-boo and things like that will keep them both entertained for long periods of time.

Thanks Bill for the advice I thought it would get busier..lol I will make sure to add him to all the baby duties that i can so he has full involvement as possible and I will  hopefully get a good big brother out of all the help he gives me.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 11:40:57 AM »
We had our 2 kids 1 year and 4 days apart.  It is busy.  But like Bill said keep your older involved.  That's what we did and they are like best friends now.  (most of the time).  You learn to adjust

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Ronins_Daddy

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 11:44:04 AM »
We had our 2 kids 1 year and 4 days apart.  It is busy.  But like Bill said keep your older involved.  That's what we did and they are like best friends now.  (most of the time).  You learn to adjust

Well hopefully I will get as lucky as you guys are he is in the start of a defiance stage climbing tables near windows i mean he is overall a great toddler just he tries to see what he can push and then pulls back..lol so as for a sibling i am trying to see where he hopefully will be.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 11:51:10 AM »
Congrats by the way!

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline Scott H.

• C'mon Boys, we need #6!!!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • And then there were 5
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 12:04:46 PM »
I'm kind of in the same boat. We are expecting our 3rd in July, and our youngest will be 3-1/2 yo. He's already talking to the baby, and appears to be happy about it coming. BUT, we'll see how it is when the baby's born. Nik's starting to be defiant, especially with Jaime. Just the other day, coming home from my sisters after Christmas dinner, Nik was falling asleep a little early, so I was talking to him to keep him awake. He told me "Leave me alone, daddy. I'm tired." LOL

People who think they know it all really annoy those of us that do.

Offline dewman28

• I LOVE the Phoenix Suns! Especially Steve Nash. Boy would I like to get a piece of that!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 04:23:49 PM »
Even though I'm not in the same 'boat'' as you my kids are 7years and 7days apart Id have to agree with what Bill said about involving the oldest child as much as possible. How do you find time for sex with a 2yo is the question????? congrats on the new baby!!!!

"Reflecting on my life I would rather wish I had made more money, rather than spending more time with my kids"-SAHD

Ronins_Daddy

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 04:26:17 PM »
Even though I'm not in the same 'boat'' as you my kids are 7years and 7days apart Id have to agree with what Bill said about involving the oldest child as much as possible. How do you find time for sex with a 2yo is the question????? congrats on the new baby!!!!

Lol thanks for the congrats and yeah seems like as long as he is aware he is part of it looks like he and i will be ok. As for the sex with him around hey he still goes to bed at 8 and he sleeps good...lol

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution