Author Topic: Might have a problem.  (Read 1688 times)

Offline pinmonkey001

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Might have a problem.
« on: December 31, 2009, 11:57:57 AM »
I think they cat might have gotten into some mouse poison.  I'm not sure when sometime over night or this morning.  He might have eaten between 5 and 10 pellets.  He seems fine now, but I'm not exactly sure how it works on cats.  (It's DCon if it makes a difference.)  I don't have money to take him to a vet if I don't have to, and if I do have to, I'm going to have to beg family members to borrow the money.  That's why I'm asking if anyone has any experience dealing with this here.

Offline Scott H.

• C'mon Boys, we need #6!!!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • And then there were 5
Re: Might have a problem.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 12:06:54 PM »
I'm not sure, but we do have a vet on here. Is it eatting and drinking ok? How big is the cat?

People who think they know it all really annoy those of us that do.

Offline pinmonkey001

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 12:11:04 PM »
he's acting fine, playing around.  He just had a saucer of milk so I guess he's eating fine.

Offline Bigred

• Violating the Princess Bride since 1987
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 12:12:37 PM »
There is a number to call (I don't have it) usually on the box that will be able to tell you if the stuff is poisonous to animals.  Call that number.

Our dog got on the counter and got into a ant motel plastic bug killer thing that was spiked with this silicon bait type stuff.  We called the number for both and they said the dog would be fine as the quantity wasn't nearly high enough to cause any problems and that the bait stuff uses the same stuff that is used in heartworm pills.

So call the number and they will be able to tell you if there will be any issues.

Offline colesdad

• Mick Foley is my favorite UFC downloadable character.
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 12:18:28 PM »
i looked at the d-con site and this is the info they gave.

The risk to your pet depends on what type of pet it is, how big it is, what type of bait it has consumed, as well as how much bait was consumed. If a situation occurs, please consult your veterinarian or call the toll free number located on the package and you will be directed to a specially trained individual who will assist in your next steps.

[img width= height= alt=]http://bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/detail5/360/SoonerProud.png[/img]

Offline pinmonkey001

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 01:35:39 PM »
thanks scott.  didn't think to look at the site.  did look at the box and didn't see anythin

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution