Author Topic: Hammock beds  (Read 1309 times)

Offline dewman28

• I LOVE the Phoenix Suns! Especially Steve Nash. Boy would I like to get a piece of that!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Hammock beds
« on: December 31, 2009, 01:59:50 PM »
Gresham dad sues hammock maker over baby's death
 by AP

Posted on December 31, 2009 at 7:18 AM

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- An Oregon man whose 5-month-old son died last summer has filed a $5 million lawsuit against the maker of hammock-like baby beds.
   Jonathan Kuzma of suburban Gresham contends in the lawsuit filed Tuesday in Multnomah County Circuit Court that the bed made by Amby Baby USA of Minneapolis was defective and dangerous and led to the suffocation death of his son Matteo in August.
   The death of the Oregon infant and a 4-month-old in Georgia led to the Dec. 8 recall of about 24,000 Amby Baby Motion Beds.
   The Consumer Product Safety Commission said the side-to-side shifting or tilting of the hammock could cause an infant to roll and become trapped or wedged against the hammock's fabric or mattress pad, posing a suffocation risk to babies.
   Amby did not immediately respond to calls and e-mails from The Associated Press seeking comment on the recall and did not immediately respond to a voice mail message left after business hours Wednesday seeking comment on the lawsuit.

Baby hammocks recalled after Gresham infant's death

Credit: Amby Baby

Amby Baby is offering a repair kit for it's hammock.
by Teresa Blackman

Posted on December 9, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Updated Wednesday, Dec 9 at 9:50 AM

Related:
•Gresham dad sues hammock maker over baby's death

GRESHAM, Ore. -- The Consumer Product Safety Commission has recalled about 24,000 Amby Baby motion beds after two infants suffocated in the hammocks, including a Gresham baby.

The little boy from Gresham was five-months old when he died.

Now, parents have been warned to stop using the hammocks immediately and contact Amby Baby for a free repair kit.

The motion beds were sold between January 2003 and October 2009

« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 02:01:23 PM by dewman28 »

"Reflecting on my life I would rather wish I had made more money, rather than spending more time with my kids"-SAHD

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution