Author Topic: BF: Bad Company 2  (Read 32007 times)

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 34
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Keet
  • Xbox Gamertag: KeetAK
BF: Bad Company 2
« on: January 25, 2010, 08:00:17 PM »
Are any of you planning on picking this up when it comes out March 2?

I liked the first one well enough and this second one looks like piles of fun.  More vehicles  :rce: (including a helicopter!), a medic class, squad play, destructive environment (always fun), etc.

I'm giving it a go whenever it comes out.  I assume I'll spend a few days playing the campaign, but also expect to jump on Live pretty quickly.

http://badcompany2.ea.com/#/game-info

I'm only bummed my MW2 live progress is going to be seriously hindered for awhile (or completely).

"Some people feel the rain.  Others just get wet" Dylan/Marley

Offline Adrian's Dad

• Cinema
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • First Name?: Cody
Re: BF: Bad Company 2
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 09:18:06 PM »
I was in the beta on PS3 and that already blew Modern Warfare 2 out of the water.  It won't have nearly as many players as MW2, but it's much, much more fun.  And if the campaign is anything like the first Bad Company, it will have a much better campaign than MW2 as well (not that's a hard achievement).

Offline colesdad

• Mick Foley is my favorite UFC downloadable character.
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 09:22:34 PM »
Ive got mine preordered

[img width= height= alt=]http://bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/detail5/360/SoonerProud.png[/img]

Offline pinhead1376

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 08:55:11 AM »
Check out the trailer on xbox.com.  It looks killer. 

Also check out the new Medal of Honor on xbox.com.  It's now set in modern times.

I am serious and don't call me surely.

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 11:47:50 AM »
BC2 demo is now up on marketplace.   :excited: :righton:

Bad Company 2 Demo 1Gb

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 03:02:29 PM »
BC2 demo is now up on marketplace.   :excited: :righton:

Bad Company 2 Demo 1Gb

Downloading!  Thanks for the heads up!

:excited:

:whoa:
"Get ready to feel the heat of battle in the vast Port Valdez map set on the Alaskan coastline"

That's where I was born and raised...be curious to see how they did with the layout and details and such.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 03:09:37 PM by keetedw »

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 03:32:51 PM »
Played a few games and it took me a bit to get back in the swing of things.  First I was very excited to see the knife button is now RB instead of "Y".  Much better.  Takes a while to lvl up and unlock new wpns.  Wonder if exp and wpns earned in demo will transfer over.  Probably not, which makes working your butt off in the demo that much more pointless.  Look forward to playing w/ a squad of friends though.

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 04:48:45 PM »
It feels a lot more hectic than MW.

A lot of the same concepts, but everything felt new.  Took me awhile to get used to things (huge negative on the k/D spread there for a few matches).  Vehicles add an interesting twist, but still full of noob tubers and campers.  At least this time you can destroy some camping spots with a well placed rocket or grenade.

I'll definitely need to play through the campaign before I attempt the live.  Just different enough from MW to throw me off.

Offline dewman28

• I LOVE the Phoenix Suns! Especially Steve Nash. Boy would I like to get a piece of that!
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 07:26:29 PM »
its funny how everybody is a$$-u-me ing that BC2 will be the MP savor and that there will be less camping/hacking/boosting then MW2 but after the hackers are done messing with MW2 (if ever) what game do you think they will target next??? They seem to target the bigest of the games like BC2 seems like it will be and once the boosters are to 10th P in MW2 maybe just maybe they will be boosting in BC2??? I'll be the very 1st to admit that MW2 has a LOT of issues that need to be fixed but every game has issues that need fixen. I loved BC1 and will pick up BC2 when I get some extra $ so I'm not hateing on it by any meens but all this talk of near flawless BC2 is just crazy

"Reflecting on my life I would rather wish I had made more money, rather than spending more time with my kids"-SAHD

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 08:00:07 PM »
You make good points Dew.

I don't think this will magically cure everything that pisses me off about MW/MW2.  It's a different take of the same genre, the same game.  There will be campers, there will be noob tubers...I'm just hoping the addition of vehicles and more team play will take the edge of those.

Wishful thinking, I'm sure.

Offline Adrian's Dad

• Cinema
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • First Name?: Cody
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 08:35:55 PM »
its funny how everybody is a$$-u-me ing that BC2 will be the MP savor and that there will be less camping/hacking/boosting then MW2 but after the hackers are done messing with MW2 (if ever) what game do you think they will target next??? They seem to target the bigest of the games like BC2 seems like it will be and once the boosters are to 10th P in MW2 maybe just maybe they will be boosting in BC2??? I'll be the very 1st to admit that MW2 has a LOT of issues that need to be fixed but every game has issues that need fixen. I loved BC1 and will pick up BC2 when I get some extra $ so I'm not hateing on it by any meens but all this talk of near flawless BC2 is just crazy

Camping doesn't really matter in Battlefield games though.  Plus the maps are so huge, you can't really camp for long.  Battlefield is a much more tactical game than MW2 so I wouldn't run and gun at all in BC2.

BC2 won't be flawless at all, but personally, I enjoyed the beta much, much more than MW2.  Although, really, they are two different types of games.

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 12:03:44 AM »
One thing that pissed me off about BC1 was campers in the spawn area.  So freaking stupid.  Well this time they got it right.  The spawn area is off limit to defenders, they have to stay in their area or die of radiation poisoning.  So for me, the bad campers of this game are taken care of.  I'm pretty sure that BC2 won't have near the woes of MW2.  MW2 is a much bigger game and all, and BC1 wasn't hacked that bad, but we'll see.

Offline dewman28

• I LOVE the Phoenix Suns! Especially Steve Nash. Boy would I like to get a piece of that!
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 09:18:30 AM »
part of my post was also venting. I swear the IW forums everyother post is about how bad MW2 is and how nobodys playing it anymore and are waiting for BC2. like I said before I will be buying it at some point I guess it's up to when Super Street Fighter 4 comes out and the wedding of course!

"Reflecting on my life I would rather wish I had made more money, rather than spending more time with my kids"-SAHD

Jediboy

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 10:15:39 AM »
I downloaded the demo last night...

Haven't played it yet, and I will be pre-ordering it after the 1st...

izlizdad

Bad company 2 thoughts
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 02:50:09 PM »
thinking about picking this game up and wanted to know what some of you guys thought of it. it looks amazing but hows the gameplay?

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution