Author Topic: I saw a sign today...  (Read 763 times)

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Nevada Dads do it with Kleenex and Lotion
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 52
  • Submariners Do It Deeper
  • Children?: One (17yo) Son - Jeremy
  • First Name?: John
  • Xbox Gamertag: SubVet688
I saw a sign today...
« on: February 08, 2010, 08:13:32 PM »
that ticked me off. It didn't really piss me off as much as it just bugged me. It was a home made sign in the back of an expensive SUV type car that took up nearly the whole back window. It said. "SUPPORT THE TROOPS... END WAR" Now on the surface this may not bother some and it may go unnoticed by many, but the part that really irked me in this sign was the word THE. It showed, in my opinion, how disingenuous this person was, because it did not say OUR TROOPS. It struck me as the PC way of protesting the war, but doing so in such a way as not to piss off any patriots by throwing in the "catch" words of of Support and Troops.

Now this is not a debate over whether or not the war is right, which is a whole other fish. It is a debate on why some people who don't like the fact that we are in war are using our troops as a means of legitimizing their protests, and using them in such a way as to not really care about our troops, but to drive their agenda.

Like I said some may not see it the way I did today, but it's the way I saw it as a veteran.

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Re: I saw a sign today...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 09:32:09 PM »
I agree that many could care less about the troops and use it only a means to their own agenda.  It was that way in the past and it will never end.  But I feel your anger.

joetekken

Re: I saw a sign today...
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 12:01:41 PM »
As a vetran of 3 war soidlers never as to go to war or ask is it rigth or wrong all we ask is support from hame and our love one some poeple do not unstand that and will never get it that why could could not move back home to many dam protesters wanting to use a vetran to speak  out against war or for the war for there own agenda its piss me off to you are not alone my brother in arm :salute:

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution