Author Topic: MAG  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
MAG
« on: February 10, 2010, 12:23:59 PM »
Did anyone get it?  I've read that this game is good, but it's best when you can run w/ a squad who all work together and know what they are doing.  The fact that you can be a squad leader and promoted and even a general looks pretty cool.  Any feedback?

Offline Leukoi

• Big Daddy Hero
Re: MAG
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 01:05:27 PM »
I've been reading about it on other sites.  The game isn't balanced.  There is one team that seems to win most all of the matches because the weapons are more favorable towards them (SVER).  The developers are supposed to be working on this though.  Other than that, communication is a huge issue, and if it's not there, you lose.  That's really why I'm probably going to pass on it. 

Offline Adrian's Dad

• Cinema
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Cody
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 02:00:06 PM »
I was in the beta and didn't like it.  The 256 players sounds good on paper but it's a sales gimmick.  You will never see that many players and you never really feel like you are part of a huge war with a ton of players.  It's like a game of SOCOM.  And like was stated earlier, it was extremely unbalanced and I see it hadn't been fixed in the full game.

And personally, I hate, hate, hate the Dual Shock controller for FPS games.  I've been thinking about getting one of the third party controllers that are set up like the 360 controllers, but I haven't done it yet.

Offline Garand

• You can find me in the phone book, under "Professional Ninja"
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Husband, Father, Gamer
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 02:19:03 PM »
Did anyone get it?  I've read that this game is good, but it's best when you can run w/ a squad who all work together and know what they are doing.  The fact that you can be a squad leader and promoted and even a general looks pretty cool.  Any feedback?

Read Joystiq's review of it.  It seems pretty even handed.  I try to stay away from online only games but I'll get it if my brother-in-law gets it.  I agree with Cody that the Dualshock 3 isn't ideal for FPS (loose sticks, no triggers) but it doesn't bother me as much. 

Spectre

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 10:39:59 AM »
I have it, not sure about the balancing between factions as I haven't played that much. I haven't unlocked much at the moment, I'm like a level 5/6 I think. It plays pretty well for the amount of people on screen (the most I've seen so far is 64 total players). I'm hoping for more unlocks soon though, it seems as though there is only one map right now.

Offline Pat

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 12
  • Hockey's back :)
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Pat
  • Xbox Gamertag: ragingpdm
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 10:18:07 AM »
I picked this up as my 1st ps3 game but after two friends also got it and don't have good to say I decided not to open it and will probably get God of War 3 instead or Little Big Planet

Offline bradt32225

• Ask me about my hairy nipples
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 03:57:54 PM »
I played the beta and even got the game from gamefly and hated it. LittleBigPlanet though is a very fun game

bradt32225" border="0

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 05:54:33 PM »
Really?  I hear ppl say it is good.  I mean, it's not groundbreaking or anything, but that it is still a very fun shooter.  I hated the idea of 256 ppl online b/c I can't stand the 26 I play w/ now, but I think I would get this eventually if I had a PS3.  But there is obviously many more games I would get before, and I think Killzone 2 and Resistance 1 & 2, would come first.

Spectre

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 07:31:53 PM »
Really?  I hear ppl say it is good.  I mean, it's not groundbreaking or anything, but that it is still a very fun shooter.  I hated the idea of 256 ppl online b/c I can't stand the 26 I play w/ now, but I think I would get this eventually if I had a PS3.  But there is obviously many more games I would get before, and I think Killzone 2 and Resistance 1 & 2, would come first.
it's decent, alot of the complaints were addressed in the last patch I guess. But people still bitch about uneven balancing between factions. Overall, I think it's pretty fun, I'm like a level 9 thus far. ,

Offline Garand

• You can find me in the phone book, under "Professional Ninja"
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Husband, Father, Gamer
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 02:55:44 PM »

A lot of the people I've talked to say it takes some time to get used to.  Now that my BIL has it, I'll probably pick it up at some point.

Aftr, those games you mention are all pretty good.  KZ2 is more like CoD, while the Resistance games are like Halo in terms of gameplay.  I think you'd like R2 for its online co-op.  Very Borderlands-ish with the classes and XP.

Bo Diddly III

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 03:16:58 PM »
I'm picking up MAG tomorrow, I like the fact you need to communicate to win. With a good squad you can over come any weapon but you also need to know the maps as well. I view it as COD 4 MW2, good communication; I can anti snipe with a AK 47 holographic BUT the only way I can is I need squad mates that can call out where, side, angle, and if there is a spotter. My mates and I have over come extremely lopsided odds because of communication. I'll be posting more once I get it  :no_teeth:

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution