Author Topic: Heart Arrhythmias - Premature Ventricular Complexes - PVCs  (Read 4152 times)

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • First Name?: Keith
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
Re: Heart Arrhythmias - Premature Ventricular Complexes - PVCs
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 11:47:06 PM »
congrats Keith, sounds like you are doing well on your medicine.

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Nevada Dads do it with Kleenex and Lotion
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 52
  • Submariners Do It Deeper
  • Children?: One (17yo) Son - Jeremy
  • First Name?: John
  • Xbox Gamertag: SubVet688
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 01:38:11 PM »
Frobozz reminded me that I needed to update this.

I have been on 2 blood pressure medicines for about a year now.  My blood pressure is staying around 130/85 now.   Doctors seem pretty happy with that.  They have told me that my parents blessed me with the high blood pressure gene.  LOL    Thanks Mom and Dad!   :)   

I am still having PVC's, but I believe I keep having them because I keep drinking caffeine.   At least them seem to happen alot more when I'm drinking my caffeinated drinks. 

I noticed I was doing the same if I over caffeinated (had more than one cup of coffee in the am), but that it started after I started on my BP meds. The doc explained to me that there are several types of BP meds. I am on Beta-Blockers, which actually slow my heart down and thereby lower my BP. If you think about it, beta-blockers are trying to slow the heart down and what does caffeine do but try to speed it up. Now mix them up and what do you get, conflicting signals to your heart and wallah you get pvc's.

Glad to see the new meds are working better for you. Mine gives me a dry cough that can be annoying for me, but not enough to change meds. It is especially annoying during hay fever season. That extra little nasal drip irritates it even more.

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 01:46:47 PM »
I had to have my meds changed early this year.  I was on Benzapril (sp?) and it made me cough.  Well, it actually made my throat inch and that made me cough.   Changed meds and it stopped. 

Don't be afraid to ask your doctor about changing meds if you have a side-effect.   There are so many different blood pressure meds that you don't have to deal with side-effects.

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline plano tony

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 4
  • If it were that easy, everybody would be doing it
  • Children?: 3
  • First Name?: Tony
  • Xbox Gamertag: plano tony
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 10:44:12 PM »
My ACE Inhibitor gives me the side effect of "a minor cough".  But, considering my other options - I'll take it ... LOL

What I DID do --- took the WalMart list of meds to my doctor and asked "Since I'm still going to have the 'minor cough' anyway, can I swap out my $200 every 3 months meds to one of these?" ... he ended up switching my entire cocktail.  I went from $2000 per year on meds to $120.

Just FYI

And, glad to hear all is going well, Keith!
If nobody is going to bleed to death within the next 12 seconds, calm down there, Cowboy.

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 10:55:28 PM »
Thanks Tony!

Funny thing you should mention about the money and prescriptions.   My insurance company sent me a letter telling me that I should ask my doctor for a generic blood pressure medication.   Gotta love the insurance company that loves their members.   :)

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Mitch
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 11:03:56 PM »
Keith look up the website of the name brand med your taking.  Often the manufacturer will offer a coupon that you can bring to the pharmacy that will bring the price down and mitigate the punitive co-pay structure that the insurance companies have set up.   For example I have a arthritis medicine, for which there is no generic,  the insurance company co-pay is $60, but the drug company gives me a $30 coupon.  That helps a lot.

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Nevada Dads do it with Kleenex and Lotion
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 52
  • Submariners Do It Deeper
  • Children?: One (17yo) Son - Jeremy
  • First Name?: John
  • Xbox Gamertag: SubVet688
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 01:50:12 AM »
What I DID do --- took the WalMart list of meds to my doctor and asked "Since I'm still going to have the 'minor cough' anyway, can I swap out my $200 every 3 months meds to one of these?" ... he ended up switching my entire cocktail.  I went from $2000 per year on meds to $120.

Just FYI

That is a great idea! We will have to do something to help lower our out of pocket. Both Peggy and I work for the state now and our insurance is being gutted. The prescription co-pay is going away and we will have to pay 100% for our meds until we meet the overall medical deductible which is $2000.00 per person. Then after that they will be sweethearts and cover 75%.

Offline plano tony

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 4
  • If it were that easy, everybody would be doing it
  • Children?: 3
  • First Name?: Tony
  • Xbox Gamertag: plano tony
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 09:09:53 AM »
That is a great idea!

I have them at times ... LOL
If nobody is going to bleed to death within the next 12 seconds, calm down there, Cowboy.

crissgill

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 01:55:56 AM »
Your heart beats due to three electrical impulses fired in rapid succession.One of my three impulses fires a split second late,causing the "W" in my EKG.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution