Author Topic: SAHD Playgroups??  (Read 1972 times)

dj_hallucn8

SAHD Playgroups??
« on: March 07, 2010, 01:39:15 AM »
I'm looking for a playgroup so I can get my son involved with other children, anyone in Tampa FL know of any besides the ones on meetup.com, they charge annual fees to be a member for some groups on meetup.

Offline rob_ferg

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Re: SAHD Playgroups??
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 07:37:54 AM »
I am not sure how religious you are, but I think churches have groups where parents can take their kids to play with other kids and also they can interact with other adults.  I believe one of the hospitals has some groups like that also.. (but i am not positive on that). 

I guess it is something to look into. 
During my unemployment I could've stayed home all day with my son, but he would've been bored and the interaction with other kids is good for him (and it allowed me to get stuff done around the house).  heck, by the time the weekend is over, he is so ready to get back and play with all the other kids.   also it didn't hurt that our daycare provider is my mother in law, so we don't pay a whole lot for daycare to begin with.

RJMelendez

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 10:23:15 AM »
Not sure what part of Tampa you live in. But I use to live in Tampa for years. You don't need to sign up for playgroups in my opinion. You simply need to go out and take your children where other children already are playing. Children are different from adult - they quickly will interact with each other. They wont even be able to tell the difference if they are in the same playgroup or not.

As I patrol for HCSO, I know of this great little park in Westchase - you can see it off of Linebaugh Ave. I it is called Baybridge park - which is at 10020 Brigeton Drv. I personally know this to be a safe and extremely friendly park to take your children. Lots of young kids there for your children to play with. A lot of moms take their kids there during the say when they aren't in school. It is somewhat secluded and private - but it is still open to the public.

Other than that, try a church. That's what I did. It helps alot.

P.S. - I have a friend who simply purchased an annual membership to the Lowry Park Zoo, and simply would take his kids to play in the water area... Its simple things that you do.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 11:10:58 AM by RJMelendez »

dj_hallucn8

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 08:38:38 PM »
Ok, I found an awesome dad group called Tampa Dads, I have gone to meet up with them now for a month & love it, my son loves it too, its on meetup.com, check it out if your local.

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 09:37:49 PM »
Ok, I found an awesome dad group called Tampa Dads, I have gone to meet up with them now for a month & love it, my son loves it too, its on meetup.com, check it out if your local.

Don't forget to share daddyplace with them.   :)

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Ronins_Daddy

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 02:27:06 PM »
Yeah I am also apart of the Tampa Dads with Mike and The boys have a great time with all the kids in the group and its a good group of dads.

Offline JacksDaddy

• The last time I saw Kobe was in Denver,CO and we all know what happened there.....Ouch
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
  • My baby girl
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Ryan
  • Xbox Gamertag: ChillSuperfly
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 09:10:23 PM »
Thanks for the website guys.  I signed up for one in Seattle and it looks like they do walks around a park every week so I might have to jump in on that...

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution