Author Topic: Tips to diaper removal  (Read 2201 times)

Tai89

Tips to diaper removal
« on: January 23, 2010, 01:30:14 AM »
My daughter is just about 18 months and is in the 'diaper removal' stage. She sleeps in a play pen for her crib and when she wakes up and we go in her room to get her out of bed she has removed her diaper. We've tried putting pants on her, but now she has learned how to take the pants off. Does anyone have any advice on what we can do to deter her from taking it off?

Offline dewman28

• I LOVE the Phoenix Suns! Especially Steve Nash. Boy would I like to get a piece of that!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Re: Tips to diaper removal
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 04:42:59 AM »
duckd tape will solve everything. just put two little pieces over the tabs and you should have no issues, if that doesn't work tape all way around diaper. It sounds messed up but just be careful and your little 1  will be fine. Rip the tape in half the fat way so it wont cause any issues. BE CAREFUL not to get any on baby's skin they don't like that. My kids both did the same thing tried clothes at night pants, jamas, and even a bathing suit she got all of them off and ended up wetting the bed. if you try this let me know if it worked out for you good luck!

"Reflecting on my life I would rather wish I had made more money, rather than spending more time with my kids"-SAHD

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 09:30:19 AM »
I think alot of parents go through this.  I have 3 kids and I can remember 2 of them doing this.

Here are some suggestions.

1.  Try getting a full body jumper/sleeper (Carters makes them) with the attached feet.   Put it on *BACKWARDS* so that your child can't get to the zipper.  (The zipper should be on the back now.)  See if that works.   If the feet being on backwards bothers your child.   Just cut the feet off of the onezie.

2.  The duct tape idea should work too.   But just like dewman said, make sure that it doesn't get on the babies skin.  It can really irritate the skin.

3.  Believe it or not, your child might just be ready to potty train.  I have read that some parents at this stage will just let their child go naked, supervised of course so there is no pee and poop everywhere around the house.  :)   They just start training at this time and say that it is easier to do around this point.

Hope this stuff works for you.  Please keep us posted.

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline JacksDaddy

• The last time I saw Kobe was in Denver,CO and we all know what happened there.....Ouch
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
  • My baby girl
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Ryan
  • Xbox Gamertag: ChillSuperfly
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 10:48:37 AM »
Those are good tips.  Jackson being only 13 months right now is getting his diaper off when he is without pants, but he isn't able to get his pants off yet.  Sometimes he can unvelcro his diapers through his pants, but it is rare.  I'll keep these in mind for a few months down the road...

Resdawg2

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 10:58:40 AM »
My granddaughter is 19mos. and we are also at this stage.  At first we went from regular diapers to the pull up type which worked for a little while. Now she has them figured  out, we are putting her in the feet pajamas and that seems to be working.  These have a flap at the top that covers the zipper tab so she can't get to it. Before that we were doing the duct tape thing...

Tai89

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 12:00:14 PM »
thanks for all the suggestions guys. we have decided that we are going to wait till she is 2 to start potty training her. we are in the process of training her older brother but it is hard cause we only have him part time. do you think maybe just putting the diaper on backwards so she can't reach the tabs would work?

MCL_packer

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 03:59:35 PM »
when my daughter went through that phase we put clear tape, we tried duct tape but she could see it so she would pick at that and still got her diaper off in no time so we picked up clear packing tape .  :rollinglaugh: worked like a charm ! :up: But another thing my ex found that worked was putting another diaper on top backwards but the truth is that got pricey because she wouldn't keep the top diaper even though it never touched Dani's butt she always threw it! DROVE ME NUTS ! It doesn't touch anything and never had a drop of pee in it so why not keep it and reuse it 2-3 times then trash it ?

Tai89

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 07:04:29 PM »
when my daughter went through that phase we put clear tape, we tried duct tape but she could see it so she would pick at that and still got her diaper off in no time so we picked up clear packing tape .  :rollinglaugh: worked like a charm ! :up: But another thing my ex found that worked was putting another diaper on top backwards but the truth is that got pricey because she wouldn't keep the top diaper even though it never touched Dani's butt she always threw it! DROVE ME NUTS ! It doesn't touch anything and never had a drop of pee in it so why not keep it and reuse it 2-3 times then trash it ?
or at least rotate it so the top diaper becomes the bottom diaper and a new one becomes the top one. that would have driven me crazy as well. i think it putting one on backwards doesn't work we will try that. thank you all for your help. I'll keep you informed on how it goes. she did it again last night but we checked on her after she was alseep and caught it before we had crap all over lol.

Offline dewman28

• I LOVE the Phoenix Suns! Especially Steve Nash. Boy would I like to get a piece of that!
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 08:18:15 PM »
we tried the sleeper with the zipper snap thing and that worked for a few days. If the baby takes the tape off just wrap it all the way around make sure you rip it in half and it isn't to snug. Everybodys ideas will work ijn theory its just a matter of findind what works good for your baby

"Reflecting on my life I would rather wish I had made more money, rather than spending more time with my kids"-SAHD

HuddledTerror

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 04:45:09 PM »
My Daughter likes to take hers off too.  We only put one on at night and what seems to help is putting underwear on over the diaper.  It seems to deter her from taking it off because it is too much work for her little hands. LOL!

You can give this a shot and see if it works.

Tai89

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 09:49:25 PM »
Thanks for all of your feedback. We tried the one on forwards and one on backwards and that has worked very well. Now we only have a problem with it when we forget to put the second diaper on  :banghead:

Offline Darkorical

• Daddy Jr.
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 12:40:52 PM »
We used the duct tape method and it worked great for us but we did immediately discover that we had to go all across the front and have the ends in the back where she couldn't reach them (immagine the letter C with the opening at the child's back)

Thunder424

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2010, 10:33:18 PM »
Hey, Tai. We had this problem with my son, too. My wife allowed me to try the duct tape for a couple of nights. After a while, he just got used to it and stopped bothering with it. He was a little older, though... maybe a shade younger than 2 years. At 2 years, we started potty training, too.

Tai89

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2010, 10:50:57 PM »
Thanks Thunder. I tried to get my wife to let me do the duct tape, but she was against it. the two diapers have been working pretty well though. we believe she is ready to start potty training, but we are waiting till she is 2 and till after we are done potty training my son.

Thunder424

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2010, 06:17:54 PM »
Yea, probably a good thing to wait until one is done. Then again, it might provide the younger one some sense of motivation to be just like the older sibling.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution