Author Topic: I love my toyota. I hate my toyota. I love my ...  (Read 1084 times)

diamondback

I love my toyota. I hate my toyota. I love my ...
« on: March 09, 2010, 05:06:27 PM »
My father in law bought this '92 pickup, with the 22RE.  Even tho he asked me to look at it, and despite my suggestions on a couple things, he bought it.  About a year and a half later, it's mine.  A couple months ago, the head gasket let go.  Should have known this was going to happen, when the guy CLAIMED he rebuilt the engine, but curiously, couldn't produce the receipts for the parts.  STRIKE1!

So, halfway into this, I've figured out how to cut a few corners, and save me a few hours R&R time (work smarter, not harder).  I'm in the process of putting it all back together, when I notice a broken tooth, on the cam sprocket.  PERFECT!  STRIKE 2!  And to add to it, it's not a recent break, neither.  Oh no, I've been driving it like this, since I/we got it, afaik.

In between job searches, soccer practices and travel for the games, I get it back together, and after some fiddling with it, get it running at about 95% of what I feel it should be.  Check a couple little issues, and I should be good to go.  Just need to R&R the fuel filter, give it a tune up, and I'm done.

After that, I turn back to my 79 Bronco, and get that back on the road.  Then, if anything else decides to go south on the Toy, my transportation is covered.  Besides, I'd rather drive my Bronco anyway.  Never did feel the toyota as being a real truck

Anyone wanna buy a Toyota?!

Offline Scott H.

• C'mon Boys, we need #6!!!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • And then there were 5
Re: I love my toyota. I hate my toyota. I love my ...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 05:58:49 PM »
LOL @ buy a Toyota

I'll sell you my Dodge if you want a real truck.  :biggrin:

People who think they know it all really annoy those of us that do.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution