Author Topic: Crayola thanks the Tea Party  (Read 4037 times)

Offline Adrian's Dad

• Cinema
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Cody
Crayola thanks the Tea Party
« on: April 26, 2010, 10:47:54 AM »
http://www.ucbcomedy.com/videos/play/6242/crayola-thanks-the-tea-partiers

Moderator's note:  youtube took down the video, so here's a new link with it.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 03:03:46 PM by Frobozz »

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
Re: Crayola thanks the Tea Party
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 11:24:07 AM »
The real truth is that the tea party movement has taken off so well that this is the only argument that can be made against them.

"Oh, look at their signs how poorly constructed.  Pffft!!"

Show me one protest rally that ever did have professionally made signs??

Protest rallies are how things get done.  Obama knows that from back in his days and so did every other president b/c they participated in rallies and know how devastating they can be to governments.  So keep coming w/ the jokes.  Funny how they are jokes against others protesting, but when your party does it, it's a legitimate argument.  To hell w/ debunking w/ what they are protesting, we can't do that, so let's just say how crappy their signs are.  When did I go back to Kindergarden??

:shrug:

Offline Adrian's Dad

• Cinema
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 12:20:36 PM »
Note to self, don't post funny videos on Daddyplace anymore.  No sense of humor.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 01:44:01 PM »
Note to self, don't post funny videos on Daddyplace anymore.  No sense of humor.
ouchie!

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Don't Panic!
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 02:06:05 PM »
Maybe this is opening a can of worms but I just don't understand why the need to make fun of this movement from the left.  Seems to me they are afraid.  And for the people that support this movement...it's about time someone is speaking out against these 2 parties.
And to Adrian's Dad...I thought it was amusing!

Offline Shaolin

• Daddy
  • Liked: 3
  • Would really like some hardcore sleep
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 12:47:43 AM »
Protest rallies are how things get done.
Yes, it worked so well for the anti-war crowd. Fortunately they were able to save us from going to war with Iraq.

No...wait....

The real truth is that the tea party movement has taken off so well that this is the only argument that can be made against them.
What movement? Its Astro-turf, a fake grassroots movement that will disappear once a republican is elected president again. Did you see all those tea party rallies down on Wall Street, protesting what Goldman Sachs et al have done to our economy?

Yeah...me neither.

Maybe this is opening a can of worms but I just don't understand why the need to make fun of this movement from the left.  Seems to me they are afraid.
There is good reason to be afraid. The last time we elected a Republican, we got two wars, a terrorist attack and financial meltdown. We got Gitmo and warrantless wiretaps.

So I make fun of the Teabaggers because they're phony nitwits and useful idiots for the right-wing noise machine.

Offline joey791

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 01:20:36 AM »
A terrorist attack?

Do yourself a favor and rent Charlie Wilson's War. After the Russians were ran out of Afghanistan, a Democrat majority congress refused to invest any money back into Afghanistan, helping the Taliban come to power. Also Bill Clinton had a chance to ice Bin Laden and he didnt.

George Bush's term started in Jan. 2001, so your telling me that 9/11 took only 9 months to plan?

During the Clinton Administration we had

The Oklahoma City Bombing 95
The failed attack on the World Trade Center 93
Riyadh bombing killing 5 Americans 95
Al-Khobar attack killing 19 Americans 96
African Embassy Bombings 98
USS Cole attack 2000

Also for wars we had Somalia and Kosovo under his leadership

financial meltdown? Google Community Reinvestment Act
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 01:29:47 AM by joey791 »

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 34
  • First Name?: Keet
  • Xbox Gamertag: KeetAK
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 01:40:15 AM »
What I've gathered from this thread (and many similar on this board) so far is this:

1 - It really doesn't take much to get people riled up when it comes to politics.  Easy targets are easy targets...even if it's rights against lefts or lefts against rights.

2 - With Republicans - "we got two wars, a terrorist attack and financial meltdown. We got Gitmo and warrantless wiretaps"

3 - With Democrats - "The Oklahoma City Bombing", "The failed attack on the World Trade Center", "Riyahd bombing killing 5 Americans", "Al-Khobar attack killing 19 americans", "African Embassy Bombings" and "USS Cole attack"

This leads me to a couple conclusions.

The first and simplest is, our current systems seems to be consistently putting us in a position of voting for the lesser of two evils.

People take their beliefs entirely too seriously (I'm sorry, Politics are entirely too close to religion anymore.  Great ideas, very poor execution, regardless which side it is).  The teabaggers are the current topic so of course it's an easy target.  In the 60's it was the hippies, today it's the teabaggers.  The "Why" is because it's an easy target...incredibly childish, of course, but it's still funny.  The right makes fun of the left, the left makes fun of the right, and the libertarians blame everyone (I think).

Right or left, I hate stupid decisions and I'll laugh at everyone, equally.

"Some people feel the rain.  Others just get wet" Dylan/Marley

Offline Adrian's Dad

• Cinema
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 02:20:50 AM »
Exactly, the Tea Party is the current fad so I was just poking a little fun at something that is very much in the public eye right now.  I could search out and post a Republican circle jerk video or another picture of Obama with a Hitler mustache if it will make you feel better.  I don't care, I make fun of everyone, the whole thing is a big joke.  The Republicans are whiny children and the Democrats are spineless children with fingers in their ears.  And no I'm not a fan of the Tea Party.  Just because they are protesters doesn't mean they are immune from criticism.  I'm all for protesting, but if you are doing it in the public eye, you offer yourself up to agreement or criticism.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 02:41:27 AM by Adrian's Dad »

Offline Adrian's Dad

• Cinema
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 02:31:09 AM »
And for the people that support this movement...it's about time someone is speaking out against these 2 parties.

I'm still waiting for someone to.  Maybe the original Tea Party that actually stood for something did.  The mainstream Tea Party now is just a Republican pawn that will go away once it's a Republican government again.  Implying that Sarah Palin is the leader of the Tea Party pretty much solidified that.  The Tea Party also only officially endorses one Democrat and that's my own Rep. Walt Minnick who is Democrat in name only.

Offline joey791

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 06:50:52 AM »
What I've gathered from this thread (and many similar on this board) so far is this:

1 - It really doesn't take much to get people riled up when it comes to politics.  Easy targets are easy targets...even if it's rights against lefts or lefts against rights.

2 - With Republicans - "we got two wars, a terrorist attack and financial meltdown. We got Gitmo and warrantless wiretaps"

3 - With Democrats - "The Oklahoma City Bombing", "The failed attack on the World Trade Center", "Riyahd bombing killing 5 Americans", "Al-Khobar attack killing 19 americans", "African Embassy Bombings" and "USS Cole attack"

This leads me to a couple conclusions.

The first and simplest is, our current systems seems to be consistently putting us in a position of voting for the lesser of two evils.

People take their beliefs entirely too seriously (I'm sorry, Politics are entirely too close to religion anymore.  Great ideas, very poor execution, regardless which side it is).  The teabaggers are the current topic so of course it's an easy target.  In the 60's it was the hippies, today it's the teabaggers.  The "Why" is because it's an easy target...incredibly childish, of course, but it's still funny.  The right makes fun of the left, the left makes fun of the right, and the libertarians blame everyone (I think).

Right or left, I hate stupid decisions and I'll laugh at everyone, equally.

Actually Keet I'm a registered Democrat and voted for Gore the first time Bush ran. Now I'm an independent with leanings towards the Constitutional Party. I'm just trying to point people towards researching what they are saying before spreading misinformation.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Don't Panic!
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 08:53:45 AM »
blah blah blah the republican right wing machine blah blah blah.  Please give it up with the finger pointing.  The "Tea Party" has no official republican ties.  They latched onto Sarah Palin because she's a national figure who likes the spotlight and gives them a voice and press.  They are a bunch of people who are sick and tired of this government spending and getting taxed to death.  They have no national chairman, no grand ol party, no convention.  The democrats/liberals are afraid of them because they stand for less spending and being fiscally responsible.  They make fun of them because they are afraid this may actually turn into something and they will lose their ability to spend and their precious seats in the government.  So instead of actually debating them with facts and figures they belittle and make fun of them.  It's a playground bully tactic. It's pathetic.
The republicans are all for it because simply, the democrats are not.  They sense an upswell of anger and are planning on riding it to more seats in Congress.  The backlash vote.  Equally pathetic.  You think if the Tea Party could get their act together and actually form something cohesive the republicans would be all for them?  They want to spend just as much as the democrats. 

Offline Adrian's Dad

• Cinema
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 09:27:30 AM »
Going with the blah blah blah argument already eh?  You win, I'm done.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Don't Panic!
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 09:31:08 AM »
Going with the blah blah blah argument already eh?  You win, I'm done.
  wow twice you've done that in this thread.  Yes the blah blah blah but it wasn't my point.  Guess you bailed before that. I'm sick of the left/right he said/she said BS.

Offline jbpdvm

• I have lots of guns and an "emasculator". Who wants to date my daughter??
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 10:50:20 AM »
It is very typical of liberals for them not to have a logical argument, so they start name -calling and bashing. I am involved with our local TEA Party, and I can assure you that we have no party affiliation, and we are not an 'Astroturf' group. We are against ANY politician who has voted to raise taxes, and any politician who has voted against what his constituents want. In my area, people did not want the health care reform to pass. Both of our congressmen voted for it anyway. So our TEA Party is actively supporting their opponents in the upcoming elections. THe TEA Party is here to stay. We have had enough of the corruption in local, state and national governments. If any of you give a damn about your kids futures, you will join your local TEA Party.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Albert Einstein

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution