Author Topic: Crayola thanks the Tea Party  (Read 3972 times)

Offline vegaskiller73

• Too good to be caught around Damian and Joey
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Re: Crayola thanks the Tea Party
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 11:21:28 AM »
If any of you give a damn about your kids futures, you will join your local TEA Party.

It won't do any good. Even the politicians you will be supporting will turn on the people once elected. All to improve themselves. I don't believe much of anything that any politician or media has to say these days. It's all a bunch of BS. I'll just do my voting and hope that we get someone in political offices that are true to the people that put them in office.

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Mitch
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 01:40:21 PM »

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 34
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Keet
  • Xbox Gamertag: KeetAK
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 01:48:07 PM »
I think I'm sort of stuck on this idea that, regardless of who joins into what party, it's not going to impact the decisions made by our government.

It's pretty clear our voice wasn't heard on the issues of health care.  And now comes the cap and trade, which is easily one of the most frighteningly stupid pieces of legislation I've ever heard...and I fully anticipate that being passed regardless of what the millions of homeowners/voters want.

Pretty "glass is half empty", but I don't recall any decisions that have actually benefit us in the last decade or more (not blaming those presidents, blaming those in power).

"Some people feel the rain.  Others just get wet" Dylan/Marley

Offline vegaskiller73

• Too good to be caught around Damian and Joey
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 02:11:08 PM »
but I don't recall any decisions that have actually benefit us in the last decade or more (not blaming those presidents, blaming those in power).

All the way from local gov't, all the way to the big houses.

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • First Name?: Mitch
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2010, 02:18:07 PM »
Pretty "glass is half empty", but I don't recall any decisions that have actually benefit us in the last decade or more (not blaming those presidents, blaming those in power).

That's because they don't make any decisions that benefit us, they only serve themselves.  Our government is a power and money party.  We're not invited but we get to pay the bills.  For decades the only thing that has mattered to the vast majority of Congressional members is maintaining the reins of power.  They sell their votes, rescind their promises, sell out their constituents, gerrymander districts....all for the sake of strengthening the party and hence themselves.   Our country is bankrupt.  Plain and simple.  Congress won't admit it because as we stand on the precipice of the abyss, they are too busy trying to divert our attention elsewhere.  This isn't a new phenomenon, it's been going on for a while, but as our indebtedness increases the absurdity grows more noticeable.   While Congress is busy right now putting on a dog and pony show with the Goldman Sachs hearings, they diver us from the more salient questions, like why was Congress the main body pushing financial institutions to fulfill everyone's dream, nay RIGHT to home ownership.  Where are the members of congress who took huge campaign contributions from investment houses, Fannie/Freddy,...etc...  now?  They're the ones trying to crucify the banks.  Obama comes out and decries "fat cat bankers", but during his time in congress no one took more money from Freddy and Fannie than he did.  Republicans want to say that Obama and underlings are out of control, but during their previous reign they championed a giant UNFUNDED prescription drug bill, gerrymandering of congressional districts based on the 2000 census, unfunded wars....  Clinton?  Let's see...oh, how about a bogus budget surplus.  Yep bogus!   They numbers that show they had a surplus included Social security money in there.  Well, I guess we really did need Al Gore's "lock box" afterall.  The dot.com bubble burst in 2000 on his watch. The recessions that the Bush detractors so gamely paste him with, really started in the last 2 quarters of Clinton's term (recessions are judged retroactively, since they are based on a number of "down" quarters).  

So there we have it.  The endless see-saw ride that is our government.  When out of power, the minority bitches and screams about the party in power.  When returned to power, the former-minority party makes up for lost time by outdoing any and all previous disgusting actions by their predecessors.  

Third party?  Forget it.  The two main parties control the states and thus control the process and procedures needed to get on the 50 ballots.   We're screwed.  That giant sucking sound?  That's the aforementioned abyss that we're all about to plummet into.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • First Name?: Randy
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2010, 02:46:50 PM »
Preach it brotha Fro!

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 04:35:22 PM »
 :whoa:    :plus1:   Fro.  That really does break it down.  Maybe I can say I just never was involved w/ government as much b/c now I'm older and it affects me more, but what you said probably really broke it down.  Smoke and mirrors, and I always looked the other way. 

I would love to see another party come about, but I know what you are saying.  I know what Keet and Vegas are saying.  One thing is sure, is that I have no faith in the government and that diminishes more everyday.  I still can't believe the amount of money these ppl make though, it's down right ridiculous and unwarranted.  But that's why they fight so hard for their jobs.  A 6 figure income and all they do is debate for 3 hours, take vacations 4 times a year, and if something comes up that is really important and they can't agree, they just recess and come back in 3-4 months.  Show me one successful corporation that does that.  Government needs a revamp.  Big Time.

Offline Shaolin

• Daddy
  • Liked: 3
  • Would really like some hardcore sleep
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 02:36:21 AM »
A terrorist attack?

Do yourself a favor and rent Charlie Wilson's War. After the Russians were ran out of Afghanistan, a Democrat majority congress refused to invest any money back into Afghanistan, helping the Taliban come to power. Also Bill Clinton had a chance to ice Bin Laden and he didnt.

George Bush's term started in Jan. 2001, so your telling me that 9/11 took only 9 months to plan?

During the Clinton Administration we had

The Oklahoma City Bombing 95
The failed attack on the World Trade Center 93
Riyadh bombing killing 5 Americans 95
Al-Khobar attack killing 19 Americans 96
African Embassy Bombings 98
USS Cole attack 2000

Also for wars we had Somalia and Kosovo under his leadership

financial meltdown? Google Community Reinvestment Act
Playing by your rules, the '93 WTC bombing came barely a month into Clinton's presidency. This means the blame should fall at the feet of GHW Bush, right? Our involvement with Somalia started under Bush, so Clinton gets a pass on that one, right?

Do yourself a favor and ask yourself why GWB did nothing about OBL prior to 9/11. He ignored a rather prophetic warning:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0409041pdb1.html

Why didn't he listen to his counter-terror czar, Richard Clark?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_A._Clarke#Early_warnings_about_Al-Qaeda_threat

Funny you mention the OKC terror attack, where a proto-teabagger named McVeigh decided to strike back against the evil federal government.

So you really don't want to go there, Joey.

Offline Bill

• I beat blue ballz
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010, 08:43:27 AM »
For the record, Somalia and Kosovo were UN police actions and not US Wars. 

Somehow missing the point is biggest theme I see.  You talk about how horrible the Reps were in office, the Reps talk about how horrible Clinton was and Obama is.  What I see, from an observer standpoint is much like what Mitch said. 

For you right-wingers, GWB knew you guys were screwed long back for money when he said the best thing americans could do was spend more money.  What he didn't say was "For the love of GOD we don't have anywhere near enough money for what we've spent."

For the Left, yep Obama took lobbyist money.  For those that call him the messiah, lobbyist money could be the equivalent of 30 pieces of silver.

Bad news right, Obama is as American as Apple Pie, both in birth and in deed.  And why is he spending like a drunk moron?  Because at this point, if his trillion dollars leave a positive outcome, no one will see him as a self-serving, money-taking, corrupt politician and he knows he can't use the smoke and mirrors show of letting some chick suck on his cigar. Mainly because he's too afraid of his wife.

Bad news left, Obama is about as cunning as he is educated.  While he sits there turning dog-sh*t into diamonds for the blind, hailing throngs of devotees, he's well aware that there's no money for most of his program ideas, and he hides that by attacking the corrupt banks everytime someone wonders where the money for "program X" is coming from.

The sad part is, right wing or left wing this isn't new.  Not even close to new.  Still one of my favorite song lyrics of all times is this one...

"Religion and sex are powerplays
Manipulate the people for the money they pay
Selling skin, selling god
The numbers look the same on their credit cards
Politicians say no to drugs
While we pay for wars in south america

Fighting fire with empty words
While the banks get fat
And the poor stay poor
And the rich get rich
And the cops get paid
To look away
As the one percent rules america

Spreading the disease
Everybody needs
But no one wants to see
The way society
Keeps spreading the disease"

Queensryche.  The song is called "Spreading The Disease", and it was released in.....  1988.

"While the banks get fat
And the poor stay poor
And the rich get rich
And the cops get paid
To look away
As the one percent rules america"

Wait a minute, isn't that what just happened with Freddie and Fannie.  Seems the people paid to watch after all this got paid to look away.  And when all is said and done that 1% is going to be bigger and richer and fatter and everyone else will have less.  And people, right and left are going to do their best to see how their half of that corrupt 1% are so much better than the other sides half of that corrupt 1% and arguments will continue on unabated that their guy could do it better.

"Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time."  Winston Churchill in 1947 

The question is, how do you make changes to a system that is based on corruption?  I guess that is the one no one has answered yet, except to blindly say "My guy isn't corrupt".

Offline Shaolin

• Daddy
  • Liked: 3
  • Would really like some hardcore sleep
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 11:32:26 AM »
What I've gathered from this thread (and many similar on this board) so far is this:
This leads me to a couple conclusions.

The first and simplest is, our current systems seems to be consistently putting us in a position of voting for the lesser of two evils.

People take their beliefs entirely too seriously (I'm sorry, Politics are entirely too close to religion anymore.  Great ideas, very poor execution, regardless which side it is).  The teabaggers are the current topic so of course it's an easy target.  In the 60's it was the hippies, today it's the teabaggers.  The "Why" is because it's an easy target...incredibly childish, of course, but it's still funny.  The right makes fun of the left, the left makes fun of the right, and the libertarians blame everyone (I think).

Right or left, I hate stupid decisions and I'll laugh at everyone, equally.
Generally I agree, we often get lesser of two evil choices. But I don't think the problem lies with the folks who take it all too seriously. The problem really lies with folks who don't take it seriously enough.

Elections do indeed have consequences. Interest groups have their agendas, they work to elect representatives that will promote their interests. You and I may say, a pox on both their houses, I'm taking my ball and going home. But the game doesn't stop just because you don't wanna play anymore.

Over time I came to a disheartening conclusion. Elections never settle an issue; both sides just gear up again for the next chapter of the never-ending campaign. No victory or loss is permanent. Its an exasperating waste of energy, IMO. But I can't say that none of it matters: I may throw my hands up and think I'm done with the mess. But you've got people out there, like the grifter Palin, heart throb of the tea baggers, working as hard as they can to put themselves in power despite their dangerous lack of aptitude. We can't afford that.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution