Author Topic: Call of Duty: Black Ops  (Read 11163 times)

Offline JacksDaddy

• The last time I saw Kobe was in Denver,CO and we all know what happened there.....Ouch
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
  • My baby girl
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Ryan
  • Xbox Gamertag: ChillSuperfly
Call of Duty: Black Ops
« on: April 30, 2010, 03:12:36 PM »
Just saw the ad for the pre-order of this game.  Not much info on it so far that I can find.  Anyone know anything about it?

Release Date: 11/09/10

Its probably MW2 with 3 new maps lol...

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 03:24:18 PM »
All I could really find.  Tonight will be the world premiere trailer on GTTV though, so look for that on the internet tomorrow.
Fresh on the heels of its big Bungie partnership announcement, Activision has officially announced the next installment in its Call of Duty franchise -- Call of Duty: Black Ops.

“We can’t wait for our community to experience Call of Duty: Black Ops,” said Treyarch studio head Mark Lamia in a statement to the press. “We have focused our entire studio on this game, with dedicated multiplayer, single-player and co-op teams creating the most intense, gripping and riveting experience possible for our fans on all fronts.”

Rumors of Black Ops popped up late last month, and they were evidently spot on, since Game.co.uk has listed details about the game, including that the game will in fact take place across a variety of time periods and locations such as Cuba, Vietnam and the Arctic. These details still aren't official, but expect to know more later tonight when the game is featured on GameTrailers TV.

The game’s official site has launched, but the only bit of info is the following blog posting:

“We at Treyarch are excited to reveal our latest development – Call of Duty: Black Ops! Be sure to head over to CallOfDuty.com/blackops  as more details begin to unfold! Follow @JD_2020 and @Treyarch on Twitter for the latest news & discussions regarding Black Ops.”

Read more: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/704363/TheFeed.html?utm_source=g4tv&utm_medium=twitterblog&utm_campaign=so-0907-twitterthefeed-704363&cmpid=so-0907-twitterthefeed-704363#ixzz0mc4qnD7o

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • First Name?: Keith
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 06:14:40 PM »
damn, i still have not eve started playing MW2 yet

Offline JacksDaddy

• The last time I saw Kobe was in Denver,CO and we all know what happened there.....Ouch
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • My baby girl
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 06:50:13 PM »
Yeah, I was playing MW2 this afternoon to try out the new xbox and got so pissed at it that I almost ran out and traded it in lol...  Too bad my wife had the car.

Probably picking up BFBC2 later this evening.

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 07:06:27 PM »
 :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Come to the Dark Side.  It is your destiny.

Offline JacksDaddy

• Big Daddy Hero
  • My baby girl
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 07:17:40 PM »
Yeah, my wife has a friend in town which will give me some gaming time hopefully tonight and tomorrow night.  Going shopping with the girl in a bit, gonna buy it then.

Gotta try out my new 1080P computer monitor with gaming lol...

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • First Name?: Keith
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 03:51:47 AM »
all the posts about Bad Company 2, i maybe going to to get it... too bad i cannot play it online with you all... i guess i will get it, play Campaign / Single player, and learn it... than by the time i come home next year, a new one will be out, lol.

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 12:59:55 PM »
Here's the first trailer.
Exclusive Debut Tease Trailer - Call of Duty: Black Ops

Offline JacksDaddy

• Big Daddy Hero
  • My baby girl
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 02:03:05 PM »
That gave me nothing to be excited about.  The only thing I think it has going for itself right now is that it was done by Treyarch, which if I am not mistaken did W@W which is probably my most enjoyable COD game so far (as far as multiplayer goes).  I was never big on achievements until Borderlands and I didn't play any COD games before MW1...

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 04:54:34 PM »
You should play COD2.  Best...WWII....Shooter.....EVER!!!  I'm sure you can find it dirt cheap and I still have it, and maybe we can pull Keith onto his Xbox as this is his favorite game to date.  I never did play it online but twice b/c I wasn't on LIVE when I had it, but I would play it again, and I know Joey would as well.

Offline JacksDaddy

• Big Daddy Hero
  • My baby girl
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 05:32:52 PM »
I'll look into it.  Thanks.  When I got my 360 I was playing Halo 2...  Never got into 360 games really until Halo 3.  I played some sure, but never religiously like H3...

Crucial Chase

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 09:54:13 AM »
wow, this game looks dull as **ck. they have the same music and sounds from the mw2 trailers.... its just for the money...activsion wanting to cash in on the cod name. and black ops...so original there is already a game called black about that.

Offline Chef Dad

• Let me show you my gall bladder. I have it over here in a jar. Oh wait that's an avocado. Hmmm, you may not want to eat that guacamole.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • damn irish, breeding like rabbits
  • Children?: 3
  • Xbox Gamertag: the irish fuse
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 10:46:26 AM »
teaser? That was like going to a strip club and they all have bikinis on, teaser shmeaser that was lame.
Nobody can eat fifty eggs. Except for Takeru Kobayashi

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 12:11:13 PM »
'Bout time you start seeing the light.  Treyarch has always just taken the engine and everything from the IW COD and did minimal changes to call it a new COD.  COD3 was COD2 w/ different maps and they did classes for multiplayer, which IW didn't.  Then came MW w/ the perk system and prestige.  Low and behold, COD5 has rank and prestige, put it in WWII skins and threw in some vehicles.  GOW2 had horde that just came out, and L4D was getting a lot of press and hype.  Let's combine the two for some zombie Nazi Horde.  LAME.  In Black Ops, look for MW2, w/ Vietnam skins, perks again, and probably just one change.  I'd put my money on a special knife kill animation from the back like Halo Reach is doing, and calling it the Black Ops stealth kill.  LAME.

Offline JacksDaddy

• Big Daddy Hero
  • My baby girl
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 12:34:30 PM »
LOL...  For me the change from MW to W@W was somewhat noticable and I was much better at W@W too, so that made me like that game a lot more.  I feel that I am pretty good at MW2, so I enjoyed that game as well, but now just get frustrated with it.  I think if/when I do play Black Ops, which not sure if it will be right away until I hear more about it, I will need to see significant changes to make it good.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution