Author Topic: Call of Duty: Black Ops  (Read 11126 times)

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 07:05:06 PM »
From 1up.com
New Call of Duty: Black Ops Details Emerge
SR-71 Blackbirds, crossbows, alternate ammo, and a 4-player co-op mode revealed.
By Kris Pigna, 05/11/2010
0diggsdigg12

Despite an announcement and the release of the first trailer two weeks ago, details on Call of Duty: Black Ops have not been forthcoming. But thanks to a preview in USA Today, we now know a little bit more about the latest CoD, including a few of the settings, weapons, and missions to expect.
To begin with, there's finally confirmation that Black Ops takes place during the Cold War in 1968, with players controlling a team of operatives traveling the world to different hot spots in an effort to contain the spread of Communism. USA Today describes one mission (called "WMD") that begins with the player flying high inside an SR-71 Blackbird over the Ural Mountains, as they view a team of troops on the ground through a surveillance camera and order them where to go. After this command section, the player is then put in control of one of the troops at ground-level, with the goal being to infiltrate a facility inside Russia.

The preview also reveals the addition of a scoped crossbow, which players can use to snipe enemies from afar. Additionally, it also reveals Black Ops will add the concept of alternate ammo, as the player could switch between normal arrow heads or explosive arrows. A customizable AUG assault rifle was also shown, although the demoed level didn't offer any attachments for it.

Also confirmed in a separate interview is that Black Ops will feature a 2-4-player cooperative mode as well as competitive multiplayer, and that the single player story will focus on "at least two main characters" who will become involved in multiple covert conflicts throughout the world.

"The team is really excited about creating a game in this period," said Treyarch studio head Mark Lamia about the new Cold War setting. "We really felt like it was fertile ground for us and we could provide something fresh for gamers." Lamia also said Black Ops would span a "longer period during this era," suggesting it won't take place only in 1968.

Lamia also said to USA Today that Treyarch is using input from Maj. John Plaster, a veteran of the Studies and Observations Group that operated during the Vietnam War, as well as Sonny Puzikas, a former Soviet special forces operative. Still, despite the research, Lamia said Treyarch is "not endeavoring to make a historical account," but an "entertainment product."

Call of Duty: Black Ops is shipping out on November 9.

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2010, 06:57:20 PM »
0diggsdiggStumbleUponRedditFarkEmailSo are there zombies in it? It's a question Call of Duty: World at War fans have been asking since Activision announced Treyarch was working on another CoD title. Based on recent comments from studio head Mark Lamia, it's a safe bet the dead will rise in Black Ops.

Players could unlock the Nazi Zombie mode upon successfully completing World at War's campaign, and subsequent downloads made surviving the undead onslaught nearly as popular as the core game. There is even an iPhone game dedicated to taking out Nazi zombies.

So when Lamia was interviewed for this month's Official PlayStation Magazine, the question was once again asked. Are there zombies in it?

"We really like the Zombie Mode, and as I mentioned I can't talk about the co-op mode other than to say one of the reasons we love it so much is that it feels like it was a fan adopted mode, made out of passion of a lot of the team members here," Lamia told OPSM. "Well all I can tell you is we listen to the fanbase. Those are our consumers, so..."

I played the zombie mode more than any multiplayer or even the single player w/ W@W.  As stupid as the concept was for me, the gameplay was a blast and got hectic fast.  I guess if my zombie slaying partner Joey gets it, I might end up getting Black-Ops as well.

Offline JacksDaddy

• The last time I saw Kobe was in Denver,CO and we all know what happened there.....Ouch
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
  • My baby girl
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Ryan
  • Xbox Gamertag: ChillSuperfly
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2010, 07:18:16 PM »
Yeah...  Zombies was a lot of fun.

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 08:38:39 AM »
Some more details:
Below are many details of Treyarch's Call of Duty: Black Ops, and info on the game's co-op limitations.

Here's the info, from the next issue of Official Xbox Magazine.

You will be fighting the North Vietnamese Army in certain missions.
You’re an off-the-grid, best-of-the-best badass -- like John Rambo or John Wayne.
Vehicles will return, but “not in the way you remember them from WaW”.
 There will be “dedicated co-op” with separate levels.
Treyarch changed the subject when the mag asked about World at War’s hugely popular Nazi Zombies, saying:
"We really like the Zombie Mode, and as I mentioned I can't talk about the co-op mode other than to say one of the reasons we love it so much is that it feels like it was a fan adopted mode, made out of passion of a lot of the team members here."
Treyarch's considering a multiplayer beta.
Changes are being made to the matchmaking to “make it easier for [players] to get into games with their friends.”
Create-a-Class 2.0 will allow you to customise yourself like never before. This should include kit and appearance items as well as perks.

Read more: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/704741/TheFeed.html?utm_source=g4tv&utm_medium=twitterblog&utm_campaign=so-0907-twitterthefeed-704741&cmpid=so-0907-twitterthefeed-704741#ixzz0oHg203qZ

Offline JacksDaddy

• The last time I saw Kobe was in Denver,CO and we all know what happened there.....Ouch
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • My baby girl
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 11:59:57 AM »
Here is a link to the newest "Uncut Reveal Trailor"

It looks a lot better than what I initially pictured, but still unsure...

http://www.callofduty.com/blackops

HuddledTerror

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 12:56:57 PM »
Now that looks like a game I would purchase.

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 34
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Keet
  • Xbox Gamertag: KeetAK
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2010, 02:46:10 PM »
That trailer looks pretty good.  Nothing groundbreaking, but I enjoyed the single player in the last game.  I just hope the single player for this will be longer than 6-7 hours.

So far it's not looking like a preorder, though (crossbow?)

"Some people feel the rain.  Others just get wet" Dylan/Marley

Offline JacksDaddy

• Big Daddy Hero
  • My baby girl
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 03:14:35 PM »
Haha...  Yeah.  It looks a lot better than the first vid.

I saw the crossbow, then I saw it blow up???  Grenade shooting crossbow?  Interesting.

Aaron

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2010, 08:55:55 AM »
For some reason this reminds me of Rainbow 6 Vegas. Also, did you see the Bruce Willis look alike in the trailer? Looked a lot like him from the side. Not sure I would get this one. I was already getting sick of MW2. It was a b-day gift from my buddies because they all played it and wanted me to play. Multiplayer is just getting repetitive and boring.

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2010, 03:23:55 PM »
LOL, yeah, I saw the Bruce Willis guy also.

I have a feeling I'll end up getting this.  I enjoy FPS enough to get it.  But if it sucks or looks like the MP will just be another MW2, I'll sell it when I'm through the single player a couple times.

I want dog tags if I cut a b*tch!   :laugh2:

Villid

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2010, 07:43:22 PM »
There are 2 conditions to be buying this game.  Terrorist(?) Zombies, but more importantly, that it doesnt freakin rain grenades during the single player.  spent more time runnin from 'nades than killin ppl in W@W

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2010, 08:04:33 PM »
There are 2 conditions to be buying this game.  Terrorist(?) Zombies, but more importantly, that it doesnt freakin rain grenades during the single player.  spent more time runnin from 'nades than killin ppl in W@W

It's about time you registered with the site.  Been gaming with you for weeks and you FINALLY join!

Aaron

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2010, 08:16:41 AM »
I got sick of MP due to the rain of grenades and noob tubes. So annoying.

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2010, 08:46:19 AM »

It's about time you registered with the site.  Been gaming with you for weeks and you FINALLY join!

:laugh2:  Villid's been w/ the site before you, he just never logs on and puts in his .02 or let's us know how he is doing.   :ROFL:

Villid

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2010, 03:26:08 PM »
yeah, what aftr said lol.

was talking to the dude at gamestop today while preordering gears 3(yes i know its still 11 months out).  he said  black ops will definitely have a zombie mode.    so it looks like i am buying another cod game.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution