Author Topic: Got a new friend.  (Read 3088 times)

Offline vegaskiller73

• Too good to be caught around Damian and Joey
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Got a new friend.
« on: May 13, 2010, 11:03:18 AM »
Well after being heartbroken for almost the last year, after my lab dusty died @ 14y/o, I decided to get another. I swore I wouldn't get another big dog, but labs are so friendly and a great family member, that I had to get another.
Found this ad in the Weekly online and called up. I didn't need all the papers and such that come with most dogs that make them more expensive. I was holding out for a free one but just couldn't wait much longer. However it had to be a full blooded lab.
So, we went look on Wed evening and I got a new "Man's Best Friend". Of course the kids loves him as a puppy, I am the owner. The wife said she won't be taking care of him, but I got a feeling that'll change soon.

He is smart and has a great build to him. Hopefully I can get him into some traing and duck hunting in the future. Another reason I bought a lab. Kinda hard to go duck hunting with a Yorkie. :rollinglaugh:

So everyone meet Blaze. Sydney named him.

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
Re: Got a new friend.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 11:39:30 AM »
Great looking dog Chad.   I have always like Labs.  Great dogs for the whole family.

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline JacksDaddy

• The last time I saw Kobe was in Denver,CO and we all know what happened there.....Ouch
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
  • My baby girl
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Ryan
  • Xbox Gamertag: ChillSuperfly
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 11:49:45 AM »
Beautiful dog...  Don't get me started on Yorkies...  Our upstairs naighbors have 1 Yorkie and 1 Chihuha (or however the f you spell it) and they let them out on the patio every morning at 6 and they dont stop barking.  Its really annoying and a main reason i hate small, yippie dogs.  Good choice with the lab!

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 12:36:40 PM »
It's about time!!!  Great pics and great dog Chad.  Sydey looks real happy as well.  Cute puppy.

Offline Bigred

• Violating the Princess Bride since 1987
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 03:01:19 PM »
Awesome man!  We got three dogs, 2 medium size (both 45 pounders), 1 Large size (90+ lbs).

Big Dogs rock.

Offline vegaskiller73

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 03:12:01 PM »
Sydey looks real happy as well. 

She thinks it's hers. I told her I paid for it. Dawn said it would cost $50 for it to be hers. She told dawn "well you have my money in your purse, take the $50 out of it". It was pretty funny. She'll play with it till he gets about 20lbs on him and then she'll not want anything to do with him. As always, I'll be taking care of him most of the time.

The couple I got him from already introduced him to water in the pond they have and have even shot a gun around him. So he is already started some break-in training.
He'll be a house dog, so it's going to take time to get him accustomed to the house. And I want him in the lake and pool this summer. For the pool I need to get a ramp.

Also he has a chew bone and when I throw it he goes and stomps on it and sometimes brings it back.

I find he is pretty smart.

Thanks for all the compliments. Hopefully as he gets older, he'll lighten up a bit more like the dad was. I saw pics of him and he was just about all white.

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 03:16:00 PM »
Oh yeah, kids love the puppy, but once it gets some weight and size on him,,,,,NEXT!!   :rollinglaugh:  Be cool to throw some toys in the pool and watch him jump in, retrieve, and bring it back.  Good lazy days on the back porch.
Oh, and funny as hell about that $50.   :ROFL:

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • First Name?: Keith
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 03:55:18 PM »
Great Looking Dog Chad.  I am sure taking him to the pond and getting him in your pool is going to be a fun experience.  Good luck with all of the training.

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 34
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Keet
  • Xbox Gamertag: KeetAK
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 04:18:07 PM »
Kiddo keeps bugging me about a pet (I won't be showing her these pictures!).  I like animals just fine...just not caring for them.

So I consider them like nieces and nephews...I'll watch them, play with them, feed them junk food and give 'em back!

Great looking pup, though.

"Some people feel the rain.  Others just get wet" Dylan/Marley

Offline joey791

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 05:29:03 PM »
Just dont let that one get in the shape of Dusty, that dog looked rough last time we visited.

Also the first 2 pics the dog looks awful laid back and lazy, Blaze may be a stretch for a name, Damian would have been a far better name.

All jokes aside good to see yall got a new lab.

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Nevada Dads do it with Kleenex and Lotion
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 52
  • Submariners Do It Deeper
  • Children?: One (17yo) Son - Jeremy
  • First Name?: John
  • Xbox Gamertag: SubVet688
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 06:55:38 PM »
Nice lookin lab pup. He is gonna be a great looking dog when he is full grown. It looks like you found a winner.

I don't necessarily agree with the loss of interest after they grow past 20 lbs and leave puppy-hood. Our chocolate lab just turned 2 last month. He's over 95 lbs (maybe more, it's been almost a year since we last weighed him) of loving, smart dog and he is Jeremy's or should I say Jeremy is his. They share a single sized lower bunk to sleep. It always looks like a puppy jumble with my boy and that dog wrapped up together. They even share a pillow. Maybe its the difference between girls and boys.

Offline vegaskiller73

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 10:30:19 AM »
Also the first 2 pics the dog looks awful laid back and lazy, Blaze may be a stretch for a name, Damian would have been a far better name.
:ROFL:
Joey she was old, and it was the middle of summer. She was really just hanging on. Later that year she had filled out and started looking better.

Maybe its the difference between girls and boys.

Could be. How old is your son? I could see a 10-12 y/o staying close to the dog. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Nevada Dads do it with Kleenex and Lotion
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 52
  • Submariners Do It Deeper
  • Children?: One (17yo) Son - Jeremy
  • First Name?: John
  • Xbox Gamertag: SubVet688
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 02:29:24 PM »
Maybe its the difference between girls and boys.

Could be. How old is your son? I could see a 10-12 y/o staying close to the dog. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

LOL true he's 11. He was 9 when we got Buddy. He'll be 12 in November.

Offline pinmonkey001

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 04:41:09 PM »
Cute dog!

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution