Author Topic: Sony E3  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Sony E3
« on: June 15, 2010, 05:22:12 PM »
Killzone 3 got demo'd which looked great naturally.  Due out in Feb., it featured jetpacks and some great background.
3D gaming was stressed, but a little hard to say how successful since you can't see it from the TV.  However, the way I see it is that those glasses are very expensive.  How many are you going to have to buy, not to mention the $5000 TV, and how comfortable are the glasses afer a few hours of gaming.  If Nintendo can bring the 3D w/ no glasses to the TV's in our living rooms, I think that will sell a helluva lot more.  Even if it is a little more expensive, it still saves you from buying glasses, wearing them, and then what happens when you have company over?  Will you have enough for everyone.
Move was showcased and while the game Sorcery looked like fun and inventive, I still can't see how great it will be.  I think it is more responsive and sensative than the Wii, but still, not sold on it.  Also, don't be deceived by Sony unveiling that the controller is only $50.  That is just for the basic controller and about 90% of the games demo'd required the navigation wand which is $30.  The bundle deal of the camera, a game, and the move controller seemed a rip-off since it was packaged w/ the eye toy.  I think it would have been a better deal if it was the navigation controller, the move, and the game for $100.  So while everyone b****es about the supposed price of the Kinetic to be $150, remember that just to get two complete controllers will run you $160 with the move.  ???
How will move work w/ FPS shooters though.  Will it truly be great and responsive to where you won't want to use a controller?  I don't know.  Buttons are nice to have, however, I think w/ kinetic you can just as easily hold a toy sword to simulate a sword in a game, or a toy golf club to play Tiger Woods.  The technology is there.
The PSP showed off a new God of War:Ghost of Sparta which will no doubt be great, but again, the 3DS just overshadows it.  Invizimals looked great, where you put a camera attachment on the PSP and go around looking for animals to capture.  Kinda like a real life Pokemon.  I know my kid would love that, but is it worth getting a PSP just for this game and a few others. 
PSN Plus was discussed shortly.  Everyone pretty much knows the main points although additionally it was stated that you could get free themes and such, plus discounts from the playstation store for being a member.  Cost will be just over $3 a month.  Available later this month, year will be $49, 3 month $18, and right now you can get 3 months free.  First month you can get full PSN game Wipeout HD, Infamous trial, 2 playstation mini's (fieldrunners and age of zombies), and the playstation classic: Rally Cross.  You will own these for the duration of your membership.  Also some map packs and exclusive content.

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
Re: Sony E3
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 11:53:56 PM »
Also, be sure you go on Home where you can visit the Sony booth at a virtual E3.  They will have exclusive items for your home that they will be giving away and you can watch videos for all the games showcased at the Sony booth.

Offline Garand

• You can find me in the phone book, under "Professional Ninja"
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Husband, Father, Gamer
Re: Sony E3
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 10:43:00 AM »
I thought the move stuff they showed looked alright.  I thought the pricing was ok but I can't be sure until Kinect's pricing is made public.  Right now they seem about even, both would run over $200 if you go by the rumored $150 that Gamestop has listed.  If I needed to choose one or the other right now, I'd choose move since the games looked more like regular games instead of kiddie avatar ones and current games like Heavy Rain and RE5 will get updates to be compatible.  Most of all though, I was happy to see that Twisted Metal was coming back. 

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution