Author Topic: 360 style PS3 controller  (Read 1419 times)

Offline Garand

• You can find me in the phone book, under "Professional Ninja"
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • Husband, Father, Gamer
360 style PS3 controller
« on: August 30, 2010, 10:59:43 AM »
For all the PS3 dads who prefer the 360 layout, Toys R Us has a controller on sale that's a bit bigger than the Dualshock 3 with offset analog sticks.  Joystiq put up a hands-on vid and said it performed well.  Only downside is that it wasn't bluetooth and takes up a USB slot for the wireless dongle.  I plan on picking one up this week, its $34.99.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4290893

Spectre

Re: 360 style PS3 controller
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 11:51:26 AM »
Looks decent, the dongle doesn't actually take up a usb port. It has a usb in port on the front side, so you still have a port. Amazon has this controller.
 http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Elite-Wireless-Controller-Playstation-3/dp/B003V4AK8E

Offline Garand

• You can find me in the phone book, under "Professional Ninja"
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Husband, Father, Gamer
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 10:56:37 AM »
I spent some time in Killzone 2 mp with this controller last night.  The buttons and sticks aren't as loose as the DualShock 3 but the d-pad didn't feel as responsive.  I didn't notice any sort of lag and scored several headshots so it seemed to perform well.

The wireless dongle you plug into the USB slot does not offer a pass through.  It has a mini USB slot in the front that can only be used for charging the controller.  So if you don't have a lot of open USBs, its something to consider.

Overall, I'd say that if you prefer the 360 controller you should probably pick this up.

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 10:57:34 AM »
Cool.  Sounds worth it.   :up:

AIRWAVES

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 04:49:52 PM »
I use the wired xbox360 controller on the PS3. I now actually game on it on. I hate the PS3 controllers. I have had it since launch and never liked playing games on it, but using the xbox controller changed that. Love it. I would have tried this if the wired controller set up didn't work. looks cool and wireless.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution