Author Topic: Daddyplace 1000 mile Challenge 2010  (Read 3509 times)

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • First Name?: Keith
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
Daddyplace 1000 mile Challenge 2010
« on: September 05, 2010, 07:43:45 PM »
For all who are interested, i have started a new 1000 mile Challenge on Mapmyrun.  (Just like the one that we completed).  Whoever is a member of the Daddyplace Fitness Group on Map My Run (MMR) should have received an invite.  If not let me know.  If there is anyone else (who are not members of MMR) who would like to do it, let me know and i can send an invite to you.

The Challenge will run from 1 Oct 2010- 30 September 2011.  All workout types are allowed (walk, run, bike, elliptical), however this can be changed later on if need be.

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
Re: Daddyplace 1000 mile Challenge 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 11:26:48 AM »
Ok, so i just sent out invites to the following individuals.  You should receive notification via eamil to view the challenege, and then have the option to join it.  The inties were sent to the following:

Bob
Tony
Rich M
Randy (already accepted)

If you do not get your invite today, please let me know, and i can resend it.  Also, please look at the dates under your MY GOALS after you accept, and ensure that it says 1 Oct 2010 - 30 Sep 2011.  I am having issues with mine, where one area (goal details) it says the above dates, but when i look at MY GOALs it says 7 Sep 2010- 7 Oct 2010.  So as of right now, i am not part of the challenge, as it is counting my current miles.  So i am trying to work through this.  Instead of holding everyone else up, i wanted to make sure that i passed this on.  Once you accept you can click view Leaderboard, and it should show you the other individuals in the challenge.  Let me know if there are any issues... now to see what i have to do to become part of it.

Offline Rich M

• If I set up a day to meet online, I'll be there three days later......maybe.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 01:07:07 PM »
I'm in and the dates look correct. 

Thanks for setting this up, Keith. 
What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about??

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • I'm back, again.
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 01:15:54 PM »
no problem Rich, now if i could just get myself on the correct dates   :banghead:

Offline plano tony

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 4
  • If it were that easy, everybody would be doing it
  • Children?: 3
  • First Name?: Tony
  • Xbox Gamertag: plano tony
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 04:00:35 PM »
I never got mine, but joined off of your profile, Keith.
If nobody is going to bleed to death within the next 12 seconds, calm down there, Cowboy.

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • I'm back, again.
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 04:17:01 PM »
no clue why you did not get it Tony.  I am glad that you were able to join it from mine. Now i just have to join.  I have a trouble ticket in with the site they just have not replied back yet.

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • I'm back, again.
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 11:42:06 AM »
Ok, so i finally managed to get myself added, however i needed to create a new MMR name (for Admin / creating challeneges).  I apologize, but i had to create a new challenge and delete the other one.  I have resent invites to

Rich
Tony
Randy
Bob

Please delete the old challenge (if you can still view it) and accept the new one.  We should be good to go after that.  For some reason, whoever creates the goal, gets a messed up goal from it, hence the new Admin acct.  In the event that others would like to create a challenge, let me know and i will pass on the admin info to you.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 08:24:26 PM »
Joined up again!

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline BobChase

• Welcome my son. Welcome to the machine.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels
    • 358 Fitness
  • First Name?: Bob
  • Xbox Gamertag: TheBigCieez
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 08:51:35 PM »
I'm in.

If pull ups count this should only take a few weeks for us. :S

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • I'm back, again.
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 09:04:56 PM »
I'm in.

If pull ups count this should only take a few weeks for us. :S

we can spice it up this time, and for every mile of running / biking / etc you do per workout you can do a pullup. Would have 1000 pullups in a year also.  (no way to track that though).  Unless we could create a challnenge for that     :devil:

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • I'm back, again.
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 07:16:51 AM »
"On Your Mark"
"Get set"
"Go"

Just a reminder DP Fitness CHallenge 2010 starts tomorrow.  Good luck to all, i hope everyone has a safe year of running, biking, etc.
 :goodluck:

Offline Rich M

• If I set up a day to meet online, I'll be there three days later......maybe.
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 08:04:19 AM »
Thanks for setting this up, Keith.  I think I'm ready to go. I was doing some quick math and figured that my 6 to 7 miles per week isn't even going to be close to making it.  I guess it's time to step it up and start doing some miles a lot more often.
What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about??

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • First Name?: Randy
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 09:06:02 AM »
Ready to go!  Hey I moved tomorrow's run up to today because I can't tomorrow morning can I switch it? :-)
Good luck everyone!

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • I'm back, again.
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 09:44:20 AM »
@ Randy you could always log the run at 1159 on MMR, maybe it will take for the 1st of October.   :laugh2:  I figured i would start the month off right... i plan on going on about a 5 mile tomorrow and Saturday, and then start Marathon training on Monday.

@ Rich no problem, good luck.  3 miles a day and you should be good, or you can look at it as 19 miles per week.  Trust me, i barely got mine done this past year in time.  FYI it is set up where you can log bike and other workouts and get credits if need be. We opted to keep that in their, for those who get injured (ahem, like me last year) so that they can still do it. However, if you do not want those miles to count then do not log them on MMR, as it counts them once they are added.

kruseing_dragon

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 11:42:38 PM »
Hey guys, I was always a member but haven't been on MMR in awhile so I missed out on the invite. I know it's a late start but I'm jumping right in there with you guys once I'm back up to my regular running schedule I should be able to catch up.  :rce:

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution