Author Topic: Recent Topics Section  (Read 1489 times)

Jediboy

Recent Topics Section
« on: September 12, 2010, 10:11:44 AM »
I just noticed that the recent topics area off to the left got a little bigger then what I remember it being...

I'm on a small netbook and it's taking up half my screen and leaving the forum areas all scrunched up to the right side...

And on another note, I can't access threads from my Blackberry like I used to be able to...  I'm getting a "this site doesn't allow phone access" error or something like that...

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
Re: Recent Topics Section
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 08:11:22 PM »
Hey Chris.   I don't know about the phone access problem.   But the left side did get bigger.  I don't know if I will leave it that way or not, but I company wanted to advertise here and it is a pretty good sum of money.   It would pay our hosting charges for the year.   

On one of my days off, I will look into moving it into a different place to fix this problem for you.

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Jediboy

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 08:29:54 PM »
Well if it's gonna pay hosting charges for a year, by all means, leave it the way it is...  I'll just have to get used to it...

Something else I just noticed, not sure if it's just my netbook or not, but there's a lot of empty space from the end of a post to where the signatures begin, I'd have to say a good 20 lines or so....

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 09:11:07 PM »
Thanks for understanding Chris.  I will work on the ad placement.  It was easiest to put it on the left side and widen the blocks there.   Of course they just want it on the main page, but it's affecting the entire site, so the chance is high that I will move it!

About the 20 lines before the sig.   I would say that's because all of the info about the user posting.  You know, your name, where your from and your avatar.  I think that's what your talking about.   If now, post a screen shot of it if you can.

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Jediboy

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 09:33:35 PM »
Now that I look at it, that would be the space that I was talking about...

And on a good note, I can view topics from my BB again...  Not sure why it wouldn't work before, but it's working now...  I don't actually visit the site on my phone, I just look at replies from topics on my phone and occasionally will post if my phone lets me do that...